Music that you used to REALLY REALLY like, but now don't.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Music that you used to REALLY REALLY like, but now don't.

Postby Moustache_Bash » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:24 am

In 9th grade I was super into Ashes of the Wake and New American Gospel by Lamb of God. In general I used to be SUPER into metal. Now, I don't really care for it. I still kind of listen to Iron Lung and Dystopia, but even then my affection for those bands has really waned.

What about you?
Moustache_Bash

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Music that you used to REALLY REALLY like, but now don't

Postby Moustache_Bash » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:34 am

I just realized that this thread could probably just be called, "What did you use to listen to in high school?" Haha.
Moustache_Bash

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:45 am

Yeah, I used to listen to a lot of metal in high school in the 80's but hate it now except for maybe a few albums, and a lot of that is just pure nostalgia. The problem with metal from that time is that it simply doesn't age well. It was cheesy back then, but we just didn't realize it until we grew up a little. And I am not just talking about hair bands, which I never liked, I am talking about "cooler" bands like thrash bands and shit like that there. Listen to Metallica's Kill 'em All. Great album back in the day. Cheese fest today.

Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:08 am

I used to really be into alternative/indie rock kinda stuff and although i don't really DISLIKE anything i used to be into when i was younger, i've kinda lost interest in that area altogether. even radiohead i don't particularly enjoy anymore.
in general i think i just get sick of musical conventions, like verse/chorus structures, strict western harmony etc.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:11 am

I used ot be into straight edge hardcore and mathcore kind of stuff in highschool. Like Remembering Never, and then The Number 12 Looks Like You, See You Next Tuesday, etc.
Toward the middle of highschool I got into Boris and Sunn and Earth though, so that was cool.
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kbit » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:59 pm

Oh man, I used to get down with the #12 and Protest the Hero and shit. Not so much now. Also Slipknots third album had me going for a bit :lol:

I used to listen to way more hip hop when I was younger, too.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:06 pm

Oh yeah, #12 was my shit for a while. And the Fall of Troy. I still bust out TFOT every once in a while. Same with Between the Buried and Me.

And before that, WAAAY back in the day, AFI was my favorite band ever.

My wife and I went to see them a few months ago, and I gotta say, they still put on a fucking great show. They play stuff off every album, from the old bratty punk, to the dark hardcore, to full blown NIN goth-industrial.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:52 am

I tend to find post-rock tedious to listen to now.
Especially if it's a crescendo-fest or takes forever to build up with no resolution. I saw this girl open for Sugar Ross and all of her songs were like ruined orgasms.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Moose » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:02 am

Used to be a massive fan of metal. Chimaira, Machinehead, Slipknot, and Bleeding Through were probably my favourites.

I still do listen to Rammstein, and in more recent years I've started enjoying Dillinger Escape Plan, Mastodon, and pretty much anything Devin Townsend does.

I suppose the one band I've always listened to and will never stop listening to is NoFX. I just can't help myself. I know every song sounds pretty much the same and I don't even care.
Moose

committed
committed

Postby Greenfuz » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:15 am

I'm still into pretty much all the stuff I liked when I was younger

x X emo4lyfe X x
Greenfuz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:29 am

Aw man in high school I was such a Rammstein nut. I could probably still sing the first three albums from memory.
Speaking of high school, I only listen to The Downward Spiral a few times a year now instead of, like, every other day. I don't like it any less though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:47 am

I definitely read this thread title as 'Moustaches that you used to REALLY REALLY like, but now don't.'
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby retinal orbita » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:09 pm

I have lost interest in about 67% of the hardcore I used to be really into in the 90's. There's a ton of stuff that still holds up though. Most of the 3rd gen powerviolence hasn't held up especially..... I have a huge box of shitty 7"s for sale.....

I dated a rockabilly girl in my early 20's for about 2 years and got into some of that stuff, as well as old country and shit. I can't stand to listen to that shit now. Especially Johnny fucking Cash. I'll slit my own throat before I willingly listen to that shit....

Most stuff has held up, even if I don't listen to it regularly. I've got 4000+ records/tapes/CDs that I'm not willing to sell, and about a thousand more I'm purging/selling/have sold in the last few years....

Also in the last 90's/early 2000's I'd buy any record from Sweden or Norway that played black/death metal, now I'm way more picky with what's held up of the classic cannon, and less and less really seems to move me the same way. It definitely happens regularly, but out of all the bands playing that style now it's about 0.002%

Most US death metal has NOT held up - I can get down with the first Obituary or a little fuckin' Blessed Are The Sick, but most of that Scott Burns stuff hasn't aged well for me.... (except later DEATH)
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby kbit » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:15 pm

neonblack wrote: And the Fall of Troy. I still bust out TFOT every once in a while.

Ditto. I have a Doppelganger tattoo :lol:
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Greenfuz » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:29 pm

I fuckin love johnny cash and gram parsons

most old country songs were about drinking beer/whiskey and being sad which is what I'm all about
Greenfuz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Next

Return to Music