Re: The what you just got thread!

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:24 pm

Incoming

Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blakestree » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:56 pm

Inconuucl wrote:It's not a new At the Drive in, but it's certainly better than Sparta. :lol:

Hey, I like Sparta!
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dungus » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:48 am

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:43 pm

blakestree wrote:
Inconuucl wrote:It's not a new At the Drive in, but it's certainly better than Sparta. :lol:

Hey, I like Sparta!

Tongue's firmly on cheek, fam. :hug: :lol:

lordgalvar wrote:

Just saw Antemasque with a big time Steve Wilson fan (flys all over the world to see him and has secret demo tapes of his or something...don't know but he got kinda pissy when I moved them off their chair).

Antemasque was alright, but I ain't really a fan of At the Drive in or any of that stuff. They did some neat covers (can't for the life of me remember what it was, but it made me laugh at the time). A lot of chatter about not getting respected/came off a little too tough-guy act/kinda silly. It was alright live but not something really unique sounding (it was the first I had heard them). Just kinda standard punk/indie based rock. It was at Coachella actually and my friends and wife were getting pissed at SWANS which is why we walked over. We had fun though.

See, I started playing classical and Jazz, so I'll always have that in me. Steven Wilson just pushes all the right buttons along that route. I also love that he is prog without being all about fretboard acrobatics 24/7, which is super up my alley too. Some of his noisier songs are also ILF worthy, marginally. :lol:

I found Antemasque enjoyable but not revolutionary. Reason I got that record was because it was hella cheap, plus I liked it enough to want to follow what they do next. :idk:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby lordgalvar » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:08 pm

Inconuucl wrote:See, I started playing classical and Jazz, so I'll always have that in me. Steven Wilson just pushes all the right buttons along that route. I also love that he is prog without being all about fretboard acrobatics 24/7, which is super up my alley too. Some of his noisier songs are also ILF worthy, marginally. :lol:

I found Antemasque enjoyable but not revolutionary. Reason I got that record was because it was hella cheap, plus I liked it enough to want to follow what they do next. :idk:

I just thought it was a funny coincidence. Steve Wilson is better than a lot of the other prog stuff my friend listens too, haha. He liked Antemasque too.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:57 pm

Steve Wilson is one of the few guys in the more recent prog movement that makes stuff akin to the great prog from the sixties and seventies. Less technical flash, more compositional genious. Those early Porcupine Tree demos are brilliant.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby lordgalvar » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:22 pm

Eivind August wrote:Steve Wilson is one of the few guys in the more recent prog movement that makes stuff akin to the great prog from the sixties and seventies. Less technical flash, more compositional genious. Those early Porcupine Tree demos are brilliant.

I think he has those on tape "from the source". And some early Yes demos or live recordings or something. All I know is that that box is his most protected possession (he is quite a bit older than me).

He was trying to talk me into going to see King Crimson or something like 30 years retrospective with all their drummers and a ton of guests. It was like 250 a ticket. Yea, not my thing haha. 10 dollars, sure, 250 no.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:31 pm

I would easily have paid $250 to see King Crimson, man. I missed the Yes gig in Oslo last year, still beating myself over it. On the other hand, I don't listen to the stuff either of them did after the seventies, so what I really need is a time machine. But yeah, the problem with the prog community is elitism. Well, I guess that goes for every genre. Prog is still superior though. We get to wear capes and shit. :rock:

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:33 pm

No one really likes Sparta.

or Prog.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:03 pm

Eivind August wrote:But yeah, the problem with the prog community is elitism.

I love (some) prog, I hate most prog fans. :lol: I don't fucking care how many NPS they can play, I just want to hear a good payoff to the song writing. :picard:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:08 pm

Inconuucl wrote:
Eivind August wrote:But yeah, the problem with the prog community is elitism.

I love (some) prog, I hate most prog fans. :lol: I don't fucking care how many NPS they can play, I just want to hear a good payoff to the song writing. :picard:

Word. Shreding destroys everything. Those Steve Hillage solos from Gong on the other hand... :drool:

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby StopReferencing » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:36 pm

I like laughing at prog -- still fun.

A while ago, I played a bunch of shows in a band that briefly toured with Fang Island, and they told me I sounded like Chris Squire -- I was crushed.
Last edited by StopReferencing on Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StopReferencing

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:42 pm

Wednesday, I was looking through the "Just Arrived Preowned" section of one of the few shops we have in this town, laughing at the cheesy 80s hair metal record sleeves with a client, when I flipped through the O section to unveil the recent Om live 12" in new condition. Snapped that motherfucker up for $25 (that's AU, and that is very cheap for retail down here).
Also arrived in the mail was Master of Reality and Eagle Twin's Feather TIpped...
So, that was rad.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:43 pm

I think my friend is friends with Chris Squire. Just checked and they are buds. haha. I think he is really sick.

It's funny that I have so many prog friends. They can't stand anything I listen to except Neu. Trying to argue that Jello Biafra writes better lyrics than Yes is kinda fun.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Music