Pitchfork review of Måneskin (2.0)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Pitchfork review of Måneskin (2.0)

Postby K2000 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:37 am

I never read Pitchfork (or other review websites TBH) and I couldn't bear to read this entire article, but I enjoyed seeing this terrible rock band get skewered with a 2/10 album review.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/maneskin-rush/

They won Eurovision one year (?) - why would anyone consider that an endorsement for any rock group. It would be like winning "America's Got Talent" or Dancing' With the Stars. It's a certification of shlock.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Re: Pitchfork review of Måneskin (2.0)

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:14 pm

Is it still true that the Pitchfork review ratings are not determined by the reviewer?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Pitchfork review of Måneskin (2.0)

Postby frodog » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:05 pm

I don't know, but it doesn't matter anyway. Pitchfork doesn't have the relevance they used to, it's all about the melon now, and I expect he will give this album a NOT GOOD if he reviews it.

Don't understand how this band has gotten any attention outside of Eurovision, they objectively suck. Their fans must be all terminally horny boomers or tiktok-brained kids who have grown up in an age with no good mainstream rock music. I know that makes me sound old, and I sort of am, but it's true.

edit: apparently Fantano has already reviewed this and I was wrong, he was way more charitable than expected. Spoiler alert, he gives it the same score as PF did, the review is just less scathing. Which makes sense, since his brand is not really about constantly demonstrating how much of an erudite hipster he is like most PF writers.

frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to Music