Seppuku FX

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Seppuku FX

Postby lordgalvar » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:14 pm

It's been that price since it has been up.

I think you are thinking of the Dynamic Echo Mod or the other one (that I can't remember the name of and is off the site). All had similar names.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby psychic vampire. » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:28 pm

Thank you. The contantly similar/changung names is confusing.
D.o.S. wrote:Hello, this is your captain speaking, our altitude has set to bleep so lets sit back and get ready to bloop. Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space.
psychic vampire.

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:40 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:
Jero wrote:face mounted jacks :joy:

You been slime'd.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:13 pm

interspatialobserver.com. cyber eel. radio park. OUT NOW!!
wut
?
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:16 pm

I'm only interested if he puts actual slime on the pedals.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Strange Tales » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:29 pm

Did Rhys have a stroke over the weekend or something?
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:32 pm

that fits for every seppuku update.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:36 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:

You been slime'd.

:lol:

jwar wrote:I'm only interested if he puts actual slime on the pedals.

He could goop without people bitching!
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby psychic vampire. » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:58 pm

Jero wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:

You been slime'd.

:lol:

jwar wrote:I'm only interested if he puts actual slime on the pedals.

He could goop without people bitching!

so quick anecdote, my friend and I found enclosures with rubber gaskets that are similarly sized to a Hammon 1590B and joked aboutfilling our pedals with water or rocks or something stupid and sealing the components/inputs off. Of course it is a terrible idea, but now I want to do it.
D.o.S. wrote:Hello, this is your captain speaking, our altitude has set to bleep so lets sit back and get ready to bloop. Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space.
psychic vampire.

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dheuthymos » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:18 pm

So I finally placed my order for the KK on Black Friday, what is your guys' experience with Rhys and shipping times?

I hope this dr. slime meltdown is just an ironic anti-publicity stunt and doesnt affect my order
Dheuthymos

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:02 pm

If he had them in stock it should be with you in about a month from ordering, give or take a week.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dheuthymos » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:44 pm

Sweet. I'll have to pick up the IC Water too. I've seen a couple on this forum, anyone with an IC Water wanna give me the rundown on the modes? I heard it was a "darker" sound, but I haven't seen many demos if the looper or the modes.
Dheuthymos

committed
committed

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:44 pm

With my IC water there are a couple different ways it behaves, glitchy/bitcrusher like and watery repeats. Hard to tell if there is any difference between modes to how it glitches out, I'm able get more obvious/repeatable changes by making adjustments to the additional knob on the bottom more so than between modes i think...but its real fickle when its acting glitchy and all bets are off...it does truly random stuff and I don't even know how to get it to start glitching out haha. I mean, it might decide to still do that "bitcrusher" thing to my signal even when I bypass the pedal! But once its glitching out its easy to guess how its going to respond to tweaking knobs, that's important for me when recording if I want to do a track over and want the pedal to make the same noises etc...but really sometimes it just does the most incredible things and I can't get it to make those noises again?

When its doing the watery thing to the repeats, there are minor differences between the modes. Mostly in a bright/dark kinda way to the overall sound, pretty sure the "waves" are the same otherwise and respond to tweaking the same way. There might, MIGHT be some difference to the speed in which the "waves" cycle when I switch between modes...but I'm pretty sure tweaking knobs can get to the same result i.e. one mode doesn't have an overall faster limit than the others...i think? haha The two stereo modes ran in mono results in a nice choppy type effect to the watery repeats. Reverse mode is most different with the dry signal going in reverse along with the normal type watery repeats going on. Get some really cool textures and sounds in this mode. Looper is a pretty nice looper you can overdub etc with, its not effected by the watery effect though.

Sometimes I'm able to get the pedal to act like what I assume is a stock nux time core with normal repeats, and there are the same type differences between modes mostly being in a bright/dark sorta way...compared to other delay pedals I've tried the nux time core doesn't really sound very good haha, so its not that big a surprise that the differences are minimal between modes. But, thats not what the IC water is about.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dheuthymos » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:25 am

What if the delay time is set to minimum, or put in the minimum range? Does it behave like a SMMH, where the reverse know acts like a ring mod? Or are there glitch spasms to be had?

Looking into working with some very different delays and the ICW seems to be VERY different.....how does the min. Time affect different modes?
Dheuthymos

committed
committed

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:25 am

In my experience (just went and played mine), the IC Water can do that ring mod sound in lo-fi/water mode....it is just kind of there and independent of controls (well, I should say a ring mod like sound because it is some form of AM but I don't know how close it is to the SMMH and I can't control it like a ring mod...it is just like an overtone). The thing about the IC Water is that it is very much not a "set and forget". There is some knob twiddling that has to happen after turning it on (and I have had to power cycle it). The modes don't change as much as any of the other controls (it does, but I mean that you'll get more variance and different glitches more with the other controls).

It can get lazer sounds, Kompakt Kassette like sounds, normal delays, some masf possessed like sounds (with more volume, but not as many in that direction and I think they are different, but similar), waves of delay, static, etc...but it requires knob turning on the spot to get to them and some glitches will get lost or become impossible to get to once you enter lo-fi (requiring a reboot). It is fun, but if I were going to go for a Seppuku/Dr. Slime/Diamond Skeleton delay, it would probably be the memory loss or possibly resetdelay (which I don't have, but has similarities to the memory loss). The memory loss can get you comb filtering effects + artifacts on lower delay times and wonderful lo-fi delay effects on the longer times.

All of these kinds of pedals are very dependent on how one uses them, playing style, other effects (gain is especially important with seppuku effects), knob twisting, and how they feel that day (which is probably variances in the setup, power, playing, etc).

Either way, the IC Water is a blast, but trying to pinpoint how it will act, or what version you will get, is somewhat difficult. It is a lot of fun though.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear