Playing Quietly

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Playing Quietly

Postby Gone Fission » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:45 pm

The things with software and sims are getting them feeling right (does it get the pick touch right, do the strings feel right under your fingers), and does it react with your pedals the way you expect. Driving the snot out of a modeler’s input with, say a Zvex 2-in-1 (two SHOs in series) is bound to be disappointing compared to doing the same with a vintage-y tube amp, for example.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Playing Quietly

Postby MaxMaps » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:46 pm

For me I guess its like the pedal thing, can I get similar sounds in a program? Sure! Do they sound good? Sure! But I want the real knobby thing - so here we are!

I would say if you really want the tube amp buy the thing. Life is too short and there is nothing more rad than a real deal amp that you can crank the speaker and shred the Gnar.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear