June 3rd - 5th NAMM: any predictions?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

June 3rd - 5th NAMM: any predictions?

Postby Blood_mountain » Tue May 24, 2022 6:11 pm

Kind of hoping Chase Bliss launches a new Gen Loss. Any other predictions?
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: June 3rd - 5th NAMM: any predictions?

Postby Gone Fission » Tue May 24, 2022 6:33 pm

First, CBA is done with retailers, so that would be a weird move now. Also, did CBA really do drops for NAMM? Influencer-heavy drops were already a thing but have especially been the thing since trade shows paused for the pandemics. So if I were them, I would probably space any drop a bit after NAMM to get less tired, burned out response.

At the same time, some companies still do the trade shows. Eventide, Bastl, Dreadbox, and I’m sure many more were at Messe. For smaller synth-y shops, the specialty media focused on Messe make that make sense. But being next to the kazoo mutes vendor and the tuba wax vendor in the alt hall at NAMM, meh. Established larger companies will keep doing it for habit and to have face time with distributors and dealers who come. New companies? The influencer drop may get more bang for the buck.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Tue May 24, 2022 8:51 pm

Gone Fission wrote:First, CBA is done with retailers, so that would be a weird move now. Also, did CBA really do drops for NAMM? Influencer-heavy drops were already a thing but have especially been the thing since trade shows paused for the pandemics. So if I were them, I would probably space any drop a bit after NAMM to get less tired, burned out response.

At the same time, some companies still do the trade shows. Eventide, Bastl, Dreadbox, and I’m sure many more were at Messe. For smaller synth-y shops, the specialty media focused on Messe make that make sense. But being next to the kazoo mutes vendor and the tuba wax vendor in the alt hall at NAMM, meh. Established larger companies will keep doing it for habit and to have face time with distributors and dealers who come. New companies? The influencer drop may get more bang for the buck.

Yeah, fair enough, I hadn’t really thought about the whole direct-to-consumer news and what effect that would have.

I still want them to release a new Gen Loss tho.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby 01010111 » Tue May 24, 2022 11:35 pm

I bet somebody releases an AI for something that shouldn’t have an AI

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coupleonapkins » Wed May 25, 2022 1:47 am

01010111 wrote:I bet somebody releases an AI for something that shouldn’t have an AI

teenage engineering Ai Weiwei Lucasfilm UnLTD Jar Jar Binks Anniversary Gungan Digital Underwater Talkin' Watch confirmed!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby 01010111 » Wed May 25, 2022 3:40 am

coupleonapkins wrote:
01010111 wrote:I bet somebody releases an AI for something that shouldn’t have an AI

teenage engineering Ai Weiwei Lucasfilm UnLTD Jar Jar Binks Anniversary Gungan Digital Underwater Talkin' Watch confirmed!

How about a line of AI shielded cables that can automatically detect which direction you plugged your cable in?

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Wed May 25, 2022 9:55 am

coupleonapkins wrote:

Only $14k.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to General Gear