Hologram Microcosm

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Hologram Microcosm

Postby behndy » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:16 pm

lol. i ALMOST ordered one of those too! i dig the white, but DAYUM that black.

i adore mines. it's so musical it's just... pleasant? almost relaxing? to run stuff through it.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Blood_mountain » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:25 pm

behndy wrote:lol. i ALMOST ordered one of those too! i dig the white, but DAYUM that black.

i adore mines. it's so musical it's just... pleasant? almost relaxing? to run stuff through it.

Good to hear!! How many firmware updates have they done? And how do you implement those updates? I didn't see a USB input on the pedal.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby behndy » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:34 pm

lol. you are asking the WRONG person. i am so bad at keeping things updated.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Blood_mountain » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:49 am

I’ve not had a ton of time since I got it, but the sound quality of this pedal is significantly better than it was in the Infinite Jets. Super impressed thus far.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Christophe » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:05 am

Another bump here to get more feedback!
Still on the fence about the Microcosm, but like many, the various reports here were kind of discouraging. I'm seeing Microcosm as a great tool to spice things up in the studio, create unusual loops, drones, recording basically anything through a mic and see what sound/texture I can come up with.
The negative feedback here was rather focused on the glitch capabilities, and the enveloppe triggering issues. But these features are like, only 10% of what Microcosm can do, aren't they?
I can fantasize about the Microcosm being like Mode 1 on the Count to 5 but with 8 voices. A super complex layering of loops that rehashes your playing.
I'm not necessarily looking for a pedal that will react differently to each pick attack, but rather for a pedal with which I can create a very intricate group of sounds and notes, in a very easy way, and faster than when using a DAW or multiple pedals. Any thoughts?
And a sidenote, what can you do with Microcosm that is impossible to achieve with other pedals?
"It's wrong but it works."
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby manymanyhaha » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:16 pm

I found it being very inconsistent to trigger. A certain chord hit a certain way would do one thing, go to do it again and sometimes it would, sometimes it would do something different, sometimes nothing at all. Certainly couldn't get into any kind of flow with it or feature it in something written because would have no idea what it would do. The randomness of it was pretty cool and if it was much smaller in terms of pedalboard real estate, might have some use for it as a random whatever thing underneath everything else but it is huge so it definitely lost out in the Real Estate Benefit Analysis.

But I've read others that don't seem share my frustration with it so I don't know.
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:39 pm

I pulled mine out again today and I hate it. I was only using the effects, not the looper and was using it with guitar. It's not intuitive to use and most of the settings sound bad.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear