If you drone...how do you?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: If you drone...how do you?

Postby Jwar » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:21 am

Define drone. I drone all the time by just playing my instrument. Droning is simply playing the same note or chord repeatedly for an extended period of time. Bands like Earth are considered drone even (which is funny).

Synth droning kind of annoys me unless it's done just right. There have only been a few pedals I thought did this well. The Drolo Stammen 2 is my preference for background droning, or noise droning. I also really enjoyed the Mood droning (funny...made by the same fella lol). Other than that, sometimes I'll hold down a stomp to play over the top of a droned out noted but as a whole I don't find it very useful for my playing style. Sometimes it can spark creativity however to get me over a hump in my playing.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:31 pm

MrNovember wrote:I also really love turning samples into drones, so both my Digitakt and Nebulae are favourites. I'm planning on using my 16n Faderbank to give me some more immediate control over some Digitakt features. Mainly thinking of controling the Digitakt mixer and filter cutoff. I just need to figure out how to update the 16n config.

I love doing this! Do it a lot using the morphagene and in DAW with reverbs and stuffs.

Jwar wrote:Define drone. I drone all the time by just playing my instrument. Droning is simply playing the same note or chord repeatedly for an extended period of time. Bands like Earth are considered drone even (which is funny).

Synth droning kind of annoys me unless it's done just right. There have only been a few pedals I thought did this well. The Drolo Stammen 2 is my preference for background droning, or noise droning. I also really enjoyed the Mood droning (funny...made by the same fella lol). Other than that, sometimes I'll hold down a stomp to play over the top of a droned out noted but as a whole I don't find it very useful for my playing style. Sometimes it can spark creativity however to get me over a hump in my playing.

Repetitive playing drones are the best drones. :animal:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:02 pm

Stammen V3 in swell mode, all wet signal. Hit a note/strum a chord, hit the bypass switch and it swells in in my desired tempo, then just add new stuff and fade out the old with the secondary footswitch.

Or the BioMoon, but that's different. More like a moomindrone in the drone aspect of its functionality.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear