Chase Bliss x Cooper FX Generation Loss

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Chase Bliss x Cooper FX Generation Loss

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:28 pm

There was at least one listed as "brand new" like the guy was a dealer.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby manymanyhaha » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:23 pm

Blood_mountain wrote:
shikawkee wrote:The flippers didn't even try it, believe me.

But, but everyone says they loved it, but ended up having to pay some sort of unexpected bill. Certainly no one is being dishonest?

There are probably some folks who genuinely splurged and then found out their canine is pregnant or they now have a disease named after a Victoria's Secret model or were hit by meteors from China while driving. It's unfortunate those folks are being are being driven from their rightful place in the market by imposters.
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coupleonapkins » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:51 am

shikawkee wrote:And....it sold. Hopefully not for anywhere near $650.

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dowi » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:09 am

coupleonapkins wrote:
shikawkee wrote:And....it sold. Hopefully not for anywhere near $650.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We should organize and flood all of them with so many ridiculous lowball offers that their Inbox becomes their nightmare.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:38 pm

I just wish the sales ads read more ILF. Like “bills are due gotta sell”, “going to Japan, need to sell”, “college bills”, “funding going modular”. You know.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby tremolo3 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:16 pm

John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Blood_mountain » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:43 pm

Anyway, it’s a rad pedal. With the Cooper Fx version, there was this constant filtering sound, especially thru headphones and it wasn’t bad necessarily, but I’ve noticed the CBA version is quieter. I was a bit concerned with just having three set “noise” level options but I think they did a good job of picking options people would tend to use most. Ramping is pretty cool, and I’m looking forward to being able to control the parameters with an expression pedal. So far, i’m digging it.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coupleonapkins » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:50 pm

Blood_mountain wrote:Anyway, it’s a rad pedal. With the Cooper Fx version, there was this constant filtering sound, especially thru headphones and it wasn’t bad necessarily, but I’ve noticed the CBA version is quieter. I was a bit concerned with just having three set “noise” level options but I think they did a good job of picking options people would tend to use most. Ramping is pretty cool, and I’m looking forward to being able to control the parameters with an expression pedal. So far, i’m digging it.

One of the recent listings compared it to the OTO Biscuit, which is always a great thing, though I'm not sure I'll ever get the chance to see for myself, at least until the flipper's threshold breaks $300 anytime soon (but probably not this year). However, 2020 also means that the future/updated non-CB Gen Loss will have a few tweaks, so I would think those small caveats will be rectified, no doubt.
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Blood_mountain » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:32 pm

coupleonapkins wrote:
Blood_mountain wrote:Anyway, it’s a rad pedal. With the Cooper Fx version, there was this constant filtering sound, especially thru headphones and it wasn’t bad necessarily, but I’ve noticed the CBA version is quieter. I was a bit concerned with just having three set “noise” level options but I think they did a good job of picking options people would tend to use most. Ramping is pretty cool, and I’m looking forward to being able to control the parameters with an expression pedal. So far, i’m digging it.

One of the recent listings compared it to the OTO Biscuit, which is always a great thing, though I'm not sure I'll ever get the chance to see for myself, at least until the flipper's threshold breaks $300 anytime soon (but probably not this year). However, 2020 also means that the future/updated non-CB Gen Loss will have a few tweaks, so I would think those small caveats will be rectified, no doubt.

Yeah, I think he’s implementing most of the improvements aside from ramping in his V2, and it will likely be in the $300 range.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby TheStevenLasombras » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:24 pm

Ahh, one popped up on Portland Craigslist.

"I was one of the lucky 1000 who got one of these one-off limited-run pedals on the day that Chase Bliss Audio suddenly put them on sale. I thought about keeping it, but I honestly don't have a place for it in my pedal setup, so here we are. Brand new, with box / original materials, untouched other than just taking it out of the box and making sure it powers up. These are selling for $650-800 on Reverb right now."

Only asking $580, what a deal. :|:
KRUDLER on Bandcamp for all your noise rock & cinematic synth needs
TOTHENECK on Instagram for recording snippets, artwork, etc.
TheStevenLasombras

committed
committed

Postby Muse FTW » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:40 pm

Scalper culture is cancer.

Fucking hate every last one of them.
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:11 am

Muse FTW wrote:Scalper culture is cancer.

Fucking hate every last one of them.

I mean, I find it super irritating, especially on limited run stuff like this. But then I try to remind myself that it's just guitar pedals, and everyone has their reasons for doing what they do, and I'm sure some folks are really trying to use it as an opportunity to get ahead/fix their dog/feed their kids/etc. At the end of the day, I try not to let it anger me too much because that energy is better spent elsewhere.

Still annoying tho. ;)
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:17 am

What’s truly absurd is people who don’t gig or release music snapping up the bulk of a super limited run in hopes that players will make the pedal legendary and produce massive appreciation. Imagine if collectors had nabbed most of the 57-60 Les Pauls, rather than the guitars being a commercial failure that a bunch of working guitarists could obtain when they figured the guitars could work for them.

The ramping features of a CFX/CB Generation Loss unused in a vault cannot sound better than a Cooper FX Generation Loss in use. Ignore the flippers and hope you have cash around for the estate sales if you’re still fascinated.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frodog » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:38 am

Yeah that is absurd. I mean I'm not hating on the designers/builders that it's a limited thing and opportunists flip them for mad profit. I'd imagine that Cooper and CBA would also like these to be heard by as many as possible and not just be collectibles.

But such it is, sadly the hypebeast culture has infested the pedal world too. The ironic thing with this is (if you happen to buy at a jacked up price) that you're spending like $600 to get a poverty sound. Which might actually make you a more authentic indie musician.. but then the rest of your sound will suffer, might as well run everything through the Generation Loss just to be sure. Meh, maybe it doesn't matter either way. Congrats to those who snagged one tho, I only have the WV MkII but love those dips and such, they seem to do neat things here.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JM Charcot » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:53 pm

Last edited by JM Charcot on Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JM Charcot

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear