Hey Superego owners...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Hey Superego owners...

Postby Cody_Pole » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:35 am

The Eristic wrote:Gen Loss/Pitch Pirate.
Deflating Expectations.

Good Dudes: blooghost,bob the robot,Jero,dorfmeister,modernage,oneloudrash,noisemaker effects,vidarr,rosscanyonsofstatic,inertia,communarchy,kosta,culturejam,zzz,actionindex, dorfmeister,pumpkin pieces,monkeyboy,nieh,sweetbabyphil,D.O.S and corrinica !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cody_Pole

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:20 am

oldangelmidnight wrote:I love my Superego but I've never really seen the point of putting something in the loop rather than behind the pedal in the chain.

Mongo not smart, but I think that a pedal in the loop only effects the frozen note, but you can keep playing over that frozen note without the "loop" pedal affecting whatever new notes you play on top (at least in the mode I use, which I think is the most basic).

I like putting a different type of fuzz in the loop (for me a Mooer Fog which I think is a Wooly Mammoth clone). The Fog is kind of grindy (which I like) but too "modern" to use as a main fuzz. But on a static note it adds a slightly different texture. That's subtle but neat.

I may have only imagined all that though.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:45 am

K2000 wrote:
oldangelmidnight wrote:I love my Superego but I've never really seen the point of putting something in the loop rather than behind the pedal in the chain.

Mongo not smart, but I think that a pedal in the loop only effects the frozen note, but you can keep playing over that frozen note without the "loop" pedal affecting whatever new notes you play on top (at least in the mode I use, which I think is the most basic).

Right, I forget that Superego has the momentary and latch modes because I only use it on auto. :picard:
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby scabiosa » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:14 pm

I really love my first generation tremolessence in the loop. Works probably great with all tremolos. it adds some movement to the drones in a really pleasant psychedelic way...
scabiosa

committed
committed

Postby Blood_mountain » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:46 pm

scabiosa wrote:I really love my first generation tremolessence in the loop. Works probably great with all tremolos. it adds some movement to the drones in a really pleasant psychedelic way...

I really like the idea of a trem in the loop. I’ll keep an eye out for an inexpensive one.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:18 am

oldangelmidnight wrote:
K2000 wrote:

Right, I forget that Superego has the momentary and latch modes because I only use it on auto. :picard:

I never got beyond Latch mode. I'm using it like a Freeze pedal :idk:
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Confuzzled » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:16 pm

I had an organizer in the loop. I think I sold mine. I don't recall but it did sound great!
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby gila_crisis » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:11 pm

I just did this comparison video between the Superego and the Superego plus. Enjoy

gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby fldrvr » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:43 pm

Zoom MS70CDR for the O P T I O N S
Good deals: Monkey Boy, julius_deane, oldangelmidnight, K2000 (x2), kbithecrowing, Casavettes, leaves turn, psychedelicrelic, nevada, alexsga, sa1126, Invisible Man, foot, solewheelin', hbombgraphics, bronzetalon, Aquietcabin1978, bass_econo, christafarai; (on TalkBass) jazzyitalian, MicG, bufert57, marineman227, karter2000; (on TGP) leray1, Electroman, bigEbeer; (on DIYstompboxes) LucifersTrip, lethargytartare; (on HC) StratsRule07, lfrz93, Firebrand, caeman, bluesthug
fldrvr

experienced
experienced

Postby Blood_mountain » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:18 pm

gila_crisis wrote:I just did this comparison video between the Superego and the Superego plus. Enjoy

One thing I've noticed lately is that I'm not fond of the kind of harsh, high-end tone I get from the Superego. Any tips on taming that?
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:10 am

Please tell me you've tried putting one of the Superegos in the other's effects loop!

Blood_mountain wrote:One thing I've noticed lately is that I'm not fond of the kind of harsh, high-end tone I get from the Superego. Any tips on taming that?

Cheapo eQ pedal in the loop?
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
duo (electroacoustic vibration exploration): https://wenderlypark.bandcamp.com/
trio (tapes/voice/clarinet/synth/poems): https://ourwaytofall.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/

I also help co-ordinate Okta, ILF's collaborative community ambient project: https://okta.bandcamp.com
Heraclitus Akimbo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:23 am

Heraclitus Akimbo wrote:Please tell me you've tried putting one of the Superegos in the other's effects loop!

this I didn't.... but tomorrow I will get a new Superego (the one in the video, was lend me by a friend), and since I still have the Superego Plus, I'll try it out!!! :!!!:
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby kaeth » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:54 am

Even with just two Superegos and nothing else, 4 ins and 4 outs gives you a number of interesting permutations to run the loops in. Add more pedals in your knot, and that grows exponentially. I don't know if it would make much of a practical difference, but get some borromean fractal chaos tones going and let us know what kind of alien ships appear over your house.
kaeth

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:25 am

Anything with an envelope, but especially envelope ring mod - the frozen signal confuses the envelope's level detector and it glitches so tenderly.... :trippy:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear