what's your favorite tremolo pedal?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: what's your favorite tremolo pedal?

Postby Pete » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:27 pm

Damn, I thought I was aware of every Dwarfcraft pedal, but I never heard of the Moses. Did that ever go into production?
Pete

experienced
experienced

Postby Blood_mountain » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:00 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Why're people afraid to say "Moses"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw3WxRs50z4

Ah, it’s a comedy. I get it now
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:06 pm

:lol:

Pete wrote:Damn, I thought I was aware of every Dwarfcraft pedal, but I never heard of the Moses. Did that ever go into production?

I don't believe so. :idk: Although, I'm sure Aen'd be happy to build you one. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby aens_wife » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:27 pm

Chankgeez wrote::lol:

Pete wrote:Damn, I thought I was aware of every Dwarfcraft pedal, but I never heard of the Moses. Did that ever go into production?

I don't believe so. :idk: Although, I'm sure Aen'd be happy to build you one. :snax:

Some of yall need to get your joke detectors fixed. No, it didn't go into production because it was a fucking joke.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:35 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Snufkino » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:50 pm

Versatility: Moog minifooger
Vintage mojo: Surfy Bear Trem (pedal or kit)

If you try a vox repeat percussion, get one with a depth pot, it's way more useable.

Can't remember if the Catalinbread Valcoder (the "recent" one, not the old tiny one) is that style, or something a little different? EQD Hummingbird would be a good choice but there's probably loads more out there and non sound "better" than another.

The minifooger is the only "simple" tremolo I know that can do a decent impression of the repeat percussion wave form while offering way more familiar wave shapes. The depth control is genius too in that once you go past noon it adds another tremolo layer, then a third. Really unique.

FWIW, I tried the Paredolia years ago and didn't like it. Too syrupy/vibey. The harmonic mode on the Surfy Bear however, is magic.
Snufkino

experienced
experienced

Postby ummohyeah » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:41 am

Another vote for the MF-102 Ring Modulator... does a pulse very well. Very musical on tamer settings.

Would love to try a PN-2 in stereo, though. Probably worth the money.
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby Pete » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:08 am

aens_wife wrote:
Chankgeez wrote::lol:

Some of yall need to get your joke detectors fixed. No, it didn't go into production because it was a fucking joke.

Sorry if that was offensive, it was a genuine question. Having autism sometimes makes the whole picking up on jokes thing tough :idk:
Pete

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:57 am

:hug:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ghost Hip » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:24 pm

I've only had a few, but I really dig the Tremolessence. The momentary switch option is fun, works well with dirt and all that, can be found affordably used. If I had my top pick though the most fun "tremolo" effect is the Moogerfooger Ring Mod.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby misterstomach » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:56 pm

I have a dunwich trem that sounds so sick and works well pre-dirt. It is pretty simple, but it does regular and harmonic trem. The controls are really sensitive, so it’s pretty tweakable. I love it, it sounds great, and is pretty affordable for a one at a time, hand built custom pedal with your choice of etched artwork. He’ll really work with you to make sure you’re getting what you want.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:52 pm

That Dandelion tremolo pedal is just about the best and most versatile thing I've seen. Chase Bliss too.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby zoooombiex » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:48 pm

Another vote for the Moogs (either the 102 or the mini)
BJF makes some nice ones (MP yellow trem, or bearfoot mint green vibe - sort of a trem/vibe mix)

Chase bliss sounds good and gives lots of options

For max versatility I really like EHX Super Pulsar. It can pretty much do any kind of trem with crazy fast and slow speeds, and has some nice envelope and pattern options. For non-guitar use, I like setting this up after a drone with a super slow and short square wave pattern, so every 10 seconds or so you get a little blip of drone that can feed through to verb/delays, etc. But it can also do some more standard shiny & lush trem sounds.
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF

Postby moid » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:24 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Image

More than a chance :) Didn't it come out a few years later as the Memento? Admittedly with a bit of an upgrade :)

moid

experienced
experienced

Postby Gone Fission » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:25 pm

HEQ-1 lately.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear