Katanas (Boss)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Katanas (Boss)

Postby MrNovember » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:16 pm

Errant Tiger wrote:
MrNovember wrote:I just noticed there's a few of the 50s available near me. I had not heard of them before. Would one be worth $250CAD? I'd probably use it in stereo with my Excelsior; I've wanted to make my setup stereo for awhile now.

Guitar Center in the US has them new for $230 USD; used, for around $180 USD. That comes out to like $300/$235, right?

Hmm good to know. Might try to talk this person down a bit
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Errant Tiger » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:22 pm

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
Errant Tiger

experienced
experienced

Postby Dowi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:51 am

Hey katana users, anyone got noise issues recording directly from the PHONES/LINE OUT?

I use it a lot with headphones even if the signal/noise ratio was never really good, but i always thought it was my beaten-up headphones fault.
Last night I plugged it in the audio interface to record and the (ground?) noise was unbearable - not to the point that I couldn't hear myself playing, but surely it was not even decent.
I thought maybe a pedal was creating some problems as i was playing through a daisy chained improvised setup , so i plugged the guitar directly in the amp, but the noise decrease was almost imperceptible. Thought maybe single coils were messing with something so i switched to humbuckers, tried to change cables too but nothing, the hum was still there.

I just want to know if it's a common problem or if there's something wrong with my unit.

I know that the Katana has audio through USB too, so the next step is to try that method and see if it works better - I didn't have the correct USB cable handy yesterday.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to General Gear