Particle v2 vs ct5

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Particle v2 vs ct5

Postby Bearstripes » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:24 pm

How much different we talkin? I got a v2!recently and am not sure if I’m totally jiving with it. For like glitchy octave stuff it’s perfect but not sure what else it’s good for. Likenits got a great reverse delay but I’m trying to find more uses and can’t come up with much. I’ve always been interested in the ct5 and am considering swapping but wanted to see what people thought of the overlap.

Also, particle settings totally welcomed!
Bearstripes

experienced
experienced

Re: Particle v2 vs ct5

Postby xcc » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:54 am

The Particle can do a ton of things that the CT5 can’t do, and vise versa. I’d rather have them together than have to choose. If you want more loopy options with a useful pitch shifting delay, then CT5. Go with the Particle for more messed up (and also some beautiful) delays or glitchy bits. Check out the LFO and Random modes on the Particle before you give up on it, and also play with the hold switch.

Here’s one of the few times I bothered to take a pic of my settings. This is one of my favorite settings. Sorry for the pic. I haven’t figured out how to post pics here.

https://i.imgur.com/2FMogyC.jpg
xcc

interested
interested

Postby cosmicevan » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:32 pm

I'm no master at either but I have both pedals and they are totally different to me. Overlap exists only mildly and mostly just in theory. I challenge someone to get the same sound to come out of both pedals. Although on paper it may seem that they do the same thing, they are implemented totally differently and unless you are just looking to blend some randomness behind your playing they serve total different purposes. I have particle doing basic and weird delay duties, I could never get Ct5 to handle normalish delay duties.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cloudscapes » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:32 pm

I use both (v1 of the particle though)

the ct5 is more controllable in its granularity/slicing imo, and it has longer sampling times. while the particle scrambles sound farther. I love both!
cloudscapes

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to General Gear