MOOD (CBA+Drolo+OBNE)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: MOOD (CBA+Drolo+OBNE)

Postby Ghost Hip » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:07 pm

Welp bought a MOOD from Detroit Modular yesterday and should be here today. :idk: :lol:

I was nervous on not using it but last sunday I sat down and recorded an ambient/electronic album out of nowhere on my 4 track using a microfreak synth->count to 5 and Boss PS-2. I love it and I want to do more of it and MOOD seems like it'll fit in perfectly. :love:
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby Blood_mountain » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:52 pm

Ok, I caved and bought one. I'm thinking maybe it will replace my Red Panda Tensor. I know they're totally different pedals, I'm just looking at it from a general, over-arching "Looping-glitchy" category and I don't think I need two pedals from that category. We'll see I guess.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby boneslygrifter » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:08 pm

Blood_mountain wrote:Ok, I caved and bought one. I'm thinking maybe it will replace my Red Panda Tensor. I know they're totally different pedals, I'm just looking at it from a general, over-arching "Looping-glitchy" category and I don't think I need two pedals from that category. We'll see I guess.

If it counts for anything I didn't love the Tensor and got rid of it pretty quickly. The Mood definitely has more "character/personality" to it. Both together would probably be killer tho since the mood isn't as loop-focused as the tensor is.
My music:

https://hetchetchy-tx.bandcamp.com/releases Side project with my best friend, we wrote and recorded this in two days.

https://mummertheband.com/releases Same friend on drums with another on guitars/lead vocals
boneslygrifter

committed
committed

Postby Blood_mountain » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:41 pm

boneslygrifter wrote:
Blood_mountain wrote:Ok, I caved and bought one. I'm thinking maybe it will replace my Red Panda Tensor. I know they're totally different pedals, I'm just looking at it from a general, over-arching "Looping-glitchy" category and I don't think I need two pedals from that category. We'll see I guess.

If it counts for anything I didn't love the Tensor and got rid of it pretty quickly. The Mood definitely has more "character/personality" to it. Both together would probably be killer tho since the mood isn't as loop-focused as the tensor is.

I def don’t love the tone of the tensor, it certainly colours the tone in a way I’m not insanely fond of. I’m looking forward to trying out the Mood. It will be my first CBA pedal and the demoes have definitely grown on me which is positive.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby sitarman » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:16 am

I have a few questions and hope someone can answer these since I can not find out:
1) Did anyone compare it to the Count to Five? Anyone has both? which do you prefer and why? I think they can sound a lot alike.

2) Can Mood do a 16 seconds delay like the EHX 16 seconds delay pedal? When doing do that how is the quality of the delay? Isn't it too grainy or noisy?

3) Can you also control the feedback of the loop side? so that the loops fade out slowly while you are adding new stuff, like you can with a delay I mean.
sitarman

involved
involved

Postby MrNovember » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:35 am

sitarman wrote:I have a few questions and hope someone can answer these since I can not find out:
1) Did anyone compare it to the Count to Five? Anyone has both? which do you prefer and why? I think they can sound a lot alike.

As I stated in the CT5 thread, I own both and they're very different beasts. The CT5 is a lot more loop oriented, where the Mood is a lot more effect oriented. I don't think I could pick a favourite as they cover different territory for me.

sitarman wrote:2) Can Mood do a 16 seconds delay like the EHX 16 seconds delay pedal? When doing do that how is the quality of the delay? Isn't it too grainy or noisy?

I have no idea how long the delay can actually get when you turn the clock down, but yes it does get quite lo-fi when the clock gets slower.

sitarman wrote:3) Can you also control the feedback of the loop side? so that the loops fade out slowly while you are adding new stuff, like you can with a delay I mean.

To my knowledge, this isn't possible, but slip mode might be what you're looking for :idk:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby sitarman » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:59 am

ok thanks. I will look for some videos that demonstrate slip mode then.

Was hoping the Mood could do similar things as the EHX 16 seconds delay pedal. But if it get's to grainy that isn't the case I guess....

I own a CT5 pedal but don't use it so much lately. Thinking about selling it and buying the Mood. But I am not sure yet. Some of the Mood sounds I hear come very close to the CT5 so I don't see a point in having both.
sitarman

involved
involved

Postby JonnyAngle » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:03 am

the delay sounds like a fork in the garbage disposal if the clock knob is below 11:00 or so. not that it's a bad thing, but not a great option if it's your only delay
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:08 am

sitarman wrote:ok thanks. I will look for some videos that demonstrate slip mode then.

Was hoping the Mood could do similar things as the EHX 16 seconds delay pedal. But if it get's to grainy that isn't the case I guess....

I own a CT5 pedal but don't use it so much lately. Thinking about selling it and buying the Mood. But I am not sure yet. Some of the Mood sounds I hear come very close to the CT5 so I don't see a point in having both.

I personally think they compliment each other nicely. CT5 in either of the loop modes into Mood is awesome!

JonnyAngle wrote:the delay sounds like a fork in the garbage disposal if the clock knob is below 11:00 or so. not that it's a bad thing, but not a great option if it's your only delay

Yeah for any 'usable' delay sounds you definitely don't want to dive into the low clock rates. Lots of weird artifacts and clock noise. Definitely not a bad thing in my book, but agree you wouldn't want that as your only delay
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby shikawkee » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:25 am

The Mood can do 16 seconds of delay but at extremely low fidelity. Kind of sounds like shit down there but could be cool once in a while.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby sitarman » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:40 am

shikawkee wrote:The Mood can do 16 seconds of delay but at extremely low fidelity. Kind of sounds like shit down there but could be cool once in a while.

ok, thanks. How is the noise floor of the loops and the pedal in general?
sitarman

involved
involved

Postby shikawkee » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:43 am

sitarman wrote:
shikawkee wrote:The Mood can do 16 seconds of delay but at extremely low fidelity. Kind of sounds like shit down there but could be cool once in a while.

At higher clocks rates great.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby sitarman » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:44 am

shikawkee wrote:
sitarman wrote:

how translate higher clock rates to seconds (approximately)?
sitarman

involved
involved

Postby shikawkee » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:11 pm

Higher clock settings equal very short delay time. A second or less?

Have you seen any of the video demos? I highly recommend it before purchasing.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:13 pm

sitarman wrote:
shikawkee wrote:
sitarman wrote:

how translate higher clock rates to seconds (approximately)?

Fairly short. According to the manual:
Clock - This single knob is a global control for the clock that controls the recording and playback for each channel. Sample rate is half the value of the clock. In addition, this knob controls the recorded loop time on the 0 channel. 64k = .5s, 48k = .75s, 32k = 1s, 24k = 1.5s, 16k = 2s, 12k = 3s, 8k = 4s, 6k = 6s, 4k= 8s, 3k = 12s, 2k = 16s.

So if you want a 1.5s delay, you're at a 12kHz sample rate. Anything less than that definitely starts introducing quite a bit of noise. If you're looking for a hi-fi, long delay/looper, this isn't for you.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear