MOOD (CBA+Drolo+OBNE)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: MOOD (CBA+Drolo+OBNE)

Postby thesmellofrain » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:58 am

drolo wrote:
thesmellofrain wrote:Quick question, could one in theory use a KeyStep to control the Clock-knob? to make it like a realtime granular synth.

In theory yes, but it can only play the divisions as mentioned on the dial which in terms of pitch should correspond to a bunch of octaves and fifths

Yup. I just like the idea of controlling the clock with a keyboard instead of an expression pedal in this case. should do some poking around, CV from the key step is probably the best bet? Great job on the pedal btw. so much fun.
Bend & Release.
thesmellofrain

involved
involved

Postby drolo » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:08 am

thesmellofrain wrote:
drolo wrote:
thesmellofrain wrote:Quick question, could one in theory use a KeyStep to control the Clock-knob? to make it like a realtime granular synth.

In theory yes, but it can only play the divisions as mentioned on the dial which in terms of pitch should correspond to a bunch of octaves and fifths

Yup. I just like the idea of controlling the clock with a keyboard instead of an expression pedal in this case. should do some poking around, CV from the key step is probably the best bet? Great job on the pedal btw. so much fun.

Thx!
I'm not super into MIDI myself so I'd rather not give false info ;)

There's a doc with the midi functions on CBA's website:
https://chaseblissaudio.com/wp-content/ ... et-Web.pdf
And I'm sure Joel or his people will be able to provide the kind of info you're looking for.
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:11 am

I lost a couple hours last night messing around with Mood. I was mostly trying to grasp Tape mode, how it interacts with the 3 right side modes, and how the clock interacts with everything. I still haven't even tried Stretch or Env and yet I am very happy with this pedal
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby manymanyhaha » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:29 am

MrNovember wrote:I lost a couple hours last night messing around with Mood. I was mostly trying to grasp Tape mode, how it interacts with the 3 right side modes, and how the clock interacts with everything. I still haven't even tried Stretch or Env and yet I am very happy with this pedal

I was basically doing the same last night too. Every time I think I get it, it does something beautiful that I don't understand. Part of me wants to understand what is going on and the other part just wants to say fuck it, maybe if I understand I won't like it so much?
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Muse FTW » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:33 pm

Somehow this is my favorite CBA pedal yet. I want to buy a second one. That's how good MOOD is. Can't even explain it tbh. There is so much I don't understand about the pedal but it doesn't matter. The pedal just works when twiddling around with it and getting freaky. Surprisingly good with regards to noise too (which was one of my main concerns). Gonna wait a bit but will definitely add a second one of these to my pedalboard/outboard processing chain. I can't wait for Blooper.
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby boneslygrifter » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:38 am

Update: this pedal has made me late to multiple engagements this week. And bed. And dinner.
My music:

https://hetchetchy-tx.bandcamp.com/releases Side project with my best friend, we wrote and recorded this in two days.

https://mummertheband.com/releases Same friend on drums with another on guitars/lead vocals
boneslygrifter

committed
committed

Postby Glitches&switches » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:47 pm

Got mine today, can't say enough as to how amazing and useful it is right out of the box and I haven't even begun to dig into the true potential of possibilities this thing has to offer! Amazing magical box!
Glitches&switches

committed
committed

Postby Seance » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:59 pm

Since everybody seems to seriously be digging the Mood, I guess my chances of picking up one
second-hand at a reasonable price are dwindling.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Glitches&switches » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:53 pm

Seance wrote:Since everybody seems to seriously be digging the Mood, I guess my chances of picking up one

I am surprised how many have come up for sale already on reverb the past few days, usually for $340 which is basically new price but saw one for $315 yesterday. I'm surprised so many decided they didn't like it that quickly. I lost half of my day today with mine and I doubt I've scratched the surface of possibilities!
Glitches&switches

committed
committed

Postby MrNovember » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:42 pm

I just spent a few hours diving into the Slip mode. I think it has to be my favourite mode. It can be a fairly straight forward delay, but it can get so weird too. I also started getting weird with the LFO too. I never really messed with the dip switches on the previous Chase Bliss pedals, but this one is so good
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Seance » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:03 am

Glitches&switches wrote:I am surprised how many have come up for sale already on reverb the past few days, usually for $340 which is basically new price but saw one for $315 yesterday. I'm surprised so many decided they didn't like it that quickly. I lost half of my day today with mine and I doubt I've scratched the surface of possibilities!

Options are a bit more limited in Canada. And the exchange rate has so far lead me to skip Reverb.com. But who knows?
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby kevdes93 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:29 am

Glitches&switches wrote:
Seance wrote:Since everybody seems to seriously be digging the Mood, I guess my chances of picking up one

I am surprised how many have come up for sale already on reverb the past few days, usually for $340 which is basically new price but saw one for $315 yesterday. I'm surprised so many decided they didn't like it that quickly. I lost half of my day today with mine and I doubt I've scratched the surface of possibilities!

The one for 315 was mine, I loved it, very inspiring pedal but I got hit with an unexpected expense and its the only pedal I have that I can replace easily in the future :cry:
Laney, Orange, Sunn, Sound City, Dunwich
kevdes93

committed
committed

Postby mcatano » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:16 pm

Seance wrote:
Glitches&switches wrote:I am surprised how many have come up for sale already on reverb the past few days, usually for $340 which is basically new price but saw one for $315 yesterday. I'm surprised so many decided they didn't like it that quickly. I lost half of my day today with mine and I doubt I've scratched the surface of possibilities!

Options are a bit more limited in Canada. And the exchange rate has so far lead me to skip Reverb.com. But who knows?

I'm not sure if you're in Toronto or not, but someone posted one for sale on all buttons in a day or two ago.

EDIT: the seller is actually in the hammer, not TO.
mcatano

committed
committed

Postby Seance » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:51 pm

mcatano wrote:
Seance wrote:

I'm not sure if you're in Toronto or not, but someone posted one for sale on all buttons in a day or two ago.

EDIT: the seller is actually in the hammer, not TO.

No. I'm actually a few hours east of Toronto.
I'll have to keep my Mood-peepers peeled.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:48 pm

If anyone has a Mood they’re not digging, I have a tensor + expression pedal up for trade for a Mood in the B/S/T forum.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear