HM-2w confirmed. LHW killer?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: HM-2w confirmed. LHW killer?

Postby shikawkee » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:11 pm

Would love an RE-20 reissue with a better reverb.

Nothing is gonna' take away my v.3 LHW (to get back on OT).

Oh, and I love the DD-20 Gigadelay. I don't know why more people don't grab one for the price.

Welcome back ILF.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:22 pm

shikawkee wrote:Would love an RE-20 reissue with a better reverb.

Nothing is gonna' take away my v.3 LHW (to get back on OT).

Oh, and I love the DD-20 Gigadelay. I don't know why more people don't grab one for the price.

Welcome back ILF.

Dd-20 was my first delay. It completely blew my mind as to what a guitar could be. I might get another one for the nostalgia.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby frigid midget » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:42 pm

I'm down for a copavtmpact version of the RE-20 :snax:

I agree about the FZ-2 not making sense to be waza'd. They go for stupid prices these days, but still nowhere near klon kinda numbers :idk:
And yeah, it's also just fucking perfect the way it is. Although maybe a seperate octave control might be cool, if that's even possible on that circuit.
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:10 pm

The HM2 sounds like shit imo. I had one and I’ve had variations. I did not like it at all. The way they are tuned just sounds weird to me. Imo, it should die and so should death metal. That’s just me though.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Pepe » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:34 pm

I simply don't use it in the Swedish Death Metal setting. It makes my guitar sing at lower gain settings and with the tone knobs at around 02:00h.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby chromandre » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:48 pm

Pepe wrote:I simply don't use it in the Swedish Death Metal setting. It makes my guitar sing at lower gain settings and with the tone knobs at around 02:00h.

Yeah I think the same thing, normalish settings make a wonderful distortion sound for all types of playing
chromandre

committed
committed

Postby 01010111 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:36 am

The only time anybody had good things to say about my live sound was when I was using an HM-2. The low-gain settings are dope.

Every time I want to buy another one of these I remind myself about how quiet this pedal was in my setup

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:48 am

01010111 wrote:The only time anybody had good things to say about my live sound was when I was using an HM-2. The low-gain settings are dope.

Every time I want to buy another one of these I remind myself about how quiet this pedal was in my setup

It's the series diodes. In addition to adding crossover distortion, they act as a noise gate. It's a pedal circuit nerd discussion to argue over adult beverages which reason it was that Boss used them. Can indeed be very quiet for all the distortion, though.

Also compresses absurdly. When I got one I was stacking a Rat in front and not watching the levels on the Rat. When I switched out the HM-2 it was scary the volume jump.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:43 am

Inconuucl wrote:Ps-500 Pls. :snax:

:thumb:
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Woolworm » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:40 pm

bump
Woolworm

committed
committed

Postby Woolworm » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:47 pm

Btw can say why did the LHW get that much attention when there are so many HM2 clones? Is it cos that whole brands identity was built on that one pedal? Also the dudes an asshole to deal with. Takes months to make your pedal and makes them baaaaaaadly and the pedal sounds like complete shit. Barely works sometimes. Got things loose inside and shit. What a fucking weirdo cunt.

I wanna talk about RATs for a second. Cos ProCo still make the original rat and its still cheap, no one bothers to make an outright clone but their versions of the tone circuit or with some other new features like EQ's, clean blends, clipping selectors, I dunno whatever the fuck. Whats funny is, all of them miss the point of the original RAT, even the ProCo sequals miss the point of the original rat which was it OPEN FUZZED OUT HIGH MIDS AND HIGHS SCREACHING SCREAMING FUUUUUUZZZZZZ. Everyone wants to make it into a muff, like wtf are you doing? Turbo rat, fat rat or whatever sound like complete shit compared to the original as do all other rat absed pedals. Dr Scientist frazz dazzler made it into a velcro fuzz? Wtf is the point. That frazz dazzler sounds like shit Im sorry.

The point is, the HM-2 seems to be in a similar situation but not as bad. Cos they were OOP and expensive, companies actually tried to make exact clones plus the extra features so the sound gets similar BUT to my ears looking at all the comparison videos, nothing sounds as good as the OG HM-2 tonally.
Woolworm

committed
committed

Postby retinal orbita » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:31 pm

I swear his is timely because I think the HM-2w has no special features. I think I saw an Instagram post from the HM-2 fan club instagram.

Personally as much as I love the HM-2 (and like, I do a lot) I don’t need an updated version.
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:57 pm

Wazacraft is fucking resident sleeper. Do something cool, ffs. So much potential, but I'm always disappointed when they go ta-da. I'm sure it's good, it's just... Lackluster.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Woolworm » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:08 pm

retinal orbita wrote:I swear his is timely because I think the HM-2w has no special features. I think I saw an Instagram post from the HM-2 fan club instagram.

Personally as much as I love the HM-2 (and like, I do a lot) I don’t need an updated version.

Waza isn't about special features, its literally the OOP pedal re-released.
Woolworm

committed
committed

Postby Jero » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:14 pm

Woolworm wrote: Dr Scientist frazz dazzler made it into a velcro fuzz? Wtf is the point. That frazz dazzler sounds like shit Im sorry.

You're fucking crazy. Frazz is great...it's also not a rat :idk:

OT...HM-2 and Rats are great :animal: I'm sure the HM2-w will have a vintage/modern switch or something. The teaser they posted was just an "aesthetic mock up", and not the final product. I will bet however that these cost more than the inflated used price of the originals, so it's a YAWN for me. I'll stick with the old one or my Throat Locust.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear