octave up AND gritty overdrive in 1 pedal, octave on footswi

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: octave up AND gritty overdrive in 1 pedal, octave on foo

Postby rickenbastard » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:43 am

Oh I was looking just at the standalone pedal. I'd definitely email Ryan and ask if he can do the analog octave as a mod to any of his dirts. I'm sure he'd be into it
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby NoizeMe » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:43 am

Snufkino wrote:Anyone ever used a green ringer in conjunction with a Rat? Curious to how that might work. GR before or after Rat?

I had a green ringer clone for a while (traded it since). I loved it!! really a wild little effect when you put it through the 'ringer'. I'd really like to pick up another one day. . sooo much fun to drive a dirt pedal into. the extra distorted harmonics drive the ringer mad. putting a delay first was pretty weird too

fun to put the ringer first too but I'm a noize addict myself lol

not sure if many people have tried this but putting it after a synthesizer is AWESOME.. expecially on a harmonic-rich sound. green ringers seem to make shiny things shinier and gnarly things gnarlier.

Thats also hows i know Time Box Instruments made some clones for Metric, I saw it in an interview with the band that they got a few off them while recording in Toronto and then used them all over the album they were making at the time (synthetica i think?) and that it became a real staple of the album. it showed the units as part of their synth and that gave me the idea.
NoizeMe

interested
interested

Postby Fuzzrociouspedals » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:39 am

adamajah wrote:
rickenbastard wrote:
adamajah wrote:
hangwire wrote:
adamajah wrote:Fuzzrocious Demon, Cat Tail, or Grey Stash with the octave jawn mod added.

the jawn mod says it is digital, I think I am looking more for the glitch and clang than pristine pitch shifting effects. Or is there jawn not that way?

Doh! Yeah I'd want analog octave too. That's weird they only offer digital.

The suboctave is digital. The octave up is digital or analog so it does all of them

Oh for real? The Knob Jawn pedal says the octave up can be analog but not the octave up mod on other pedals. The site should be more clear I guess.

We don't advertise custom work since it's on a case by case basis. If we listed every custom order mod possible, it would make the page way messier :). We add analog octave up to custom orders often. Just gotta ask.
[b]FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS: http://www.fuzzrociouspedals.com[b]
Fuzzrociouspedals

committed
committed

Postby adamajah » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Fuzzrociouspedals wrote:
adamajah wrote:
rickenbastard wrote:
adamajah wrote:
hangwire wrote:
adamajah wrote:Fuzzrocious Demon, Cat Tail, or Grey Stash with the octave jawn mod added.

the jawn mod says it is digital, I think I am looking more for the glitch and clang than pristine pitch shifting effects. Or is there jawn not that way?

Doh! Yeah I'd want analog octave too. That's weird they only offer digital.

The suboctave is digital. The octave up is digital or analog so it does all of them

Oh for real? The Knob Jawn pedal says the octave up can be analog but not the octave up mod on other pedals. The site should be more clear I guess.

We don't advertise custom work since it's on a case by case basis. If we listed every custom order mod possible, it would make the page way messier :). We add analog octave up to custom orders often. Just gotta ask.

Good to know! Thanks for chiming in
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby digi2t » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:43 am

If you're handy with a soldering iron (or know someone who is), then the DEFX Comfy Plum might be what you're looking for.

It's the Way Huge Purple Platypus, but with a couple of extras. At it's heart, it's a Red Llama overdrive (derived from the Anderton Tube fuzz), with a push pull transistor arrangement for the octave section. We added a footswitch to switch in/out the octave, as well as a third pot so adjust the amount of octave in the mix.

Sorry for the shameless pitch, but it kinda fits what you described in your op.
"Turn down the amp, strum harder." - PRR

http://www.deadendfx.com/
digi2t

experienced
experienced

Postby Snufkino » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:42 am

Me: I should build a Rat with a Green Ringer octave, maybe with an octave blend knob? That's a take on the Rat I don't think anyone has done. :idea:

EQD: Lol GTFO noob.

Snufkino

experienced
experienced

Postby BoatRich » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:51 am

Snufkino wrote:Me: I should build a Rat with a Green Ringer octave, maybe with an octave blend knob? That's a take on the Rat I don't think anyone has done. :idea:

EQD: Lol GTFO noob.

I really wish these hadn’t sold out in a matter of hours/I weren’t wildly irresponsible with money and could’ve bought one. It’s a really cool idea. My only tiny complaint is the octave on a knob instead of a switch with a blend/tied to the boost.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to General Gear