The Thread About The Empress And The Zoia

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Thread About The Empress And The Zoia

Postby shikawkee » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:45 am

Bellyheart wrote:This thing is great. Easier to use than i thought.

Much easier to use than I thought. I love it. It's fabulous.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Bellyheart » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:17 pm

I'm finally able to create pedal ideas I had years ago but never required the skill to build the circuits. Now I can get a general idea if an idea is worth pursuing. It's such an amazing thing to exist. I finally got the perfect envelope controlled tremolo.

I hope they make a satellite controller for more control knobs that fits in the control port.
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby manymanyhaha » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:35 am

You all are building the excitement to dive in to this thing. Supposedly it was delivered Saturday but won't be home until this coming Friday. Also received a Cloudy. This working away from home/girlfriend/dog/pedalboard thing really really sucks :(
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:58 pm

shikawkee wrote:

STOP IT!!! AHHHH!!! AHHHHH!!!

Why did I buy a Revolver DX limited for almost 600 bucks when I could have bought this? Cause I'm fucking stupid!!!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby shikawkee » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:28 pm

Jwar wrote:
shikawkee wrote:

STOP IT!!! AHHHH!!! AHHHHH!!!

Why did I buy a Revolver DX limited for almost 600 bucks when I could have bought this? Cause I'm fucking stupid!!!

I guess I shouldn't tell you about all the cool looping/glitch patches that have been posted now? :cool: :p
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:34 pm

Yea, I kind of figured. Soooo sell the Hexe, buy the Zoia and profit? Wait..no...I'll lose money. Damn it.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Bellyheart » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:20 pm

I'm excited to see what they're going to do moving forward. I've been using eurorack for a few years so it's been great seeing what eurorack would be like without the cables. This is a milestone in musical tools for me for sure. Anything I can think of I can create and tweak. If I'm in the studio and have an idea of a sound, I have a lot of resources in a very small format, that are highly versatile and tweakable, to achieve whatever it is that I want, for the most part. For me this is what I've been looking for in a pedal as I've been trying to reduce the amount of pedals I play with live.
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:30 pm

I still think it looks lame but I am being convinced. If someone makes a video doing a reverse saw tremelo and glorious fuzz from scratch I may be forced to revise my opinion.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cbm » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:44 pm

To me, this is neither fish nor fowl. It's designed to be a pedal, but I think it would be hard to use on the floor. I get the appeal for desktop use, but there would be way too much bending over for floor use, IMO. Plus, once I was using it on the desktop, I think I would rather use a laptop.
cbm

committed
committed

Postby shikawkee » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:45 pm

cbm wrote:To me, this is neither fish nor fowl. It's designed to be a pedal, but I think it would be hard to use on the floor. I get the appeal for desktop use, but there would be way too much bending over for floor use, IMO. Plus, once I was using it on the desktop, I think I would rather use a laptop.

It's much better than you think Chris. It's a PITA in the beginning for sure but once you get it set up, watch out!
For me anyways. Makes my travel board much smaller.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cbm » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:59 pm

shikawkee wrote:
cbm wrote:To me, this is neither fish nor fowl. It's designed to be a pedal, but I think it would be hard to use on the floor. I get the appeal for desktop use, but there would be way too much bending over for floor use, IMO. Plus, once I was using it on the desktop, I think I would rather use a laptop.

It's much better than you think Chris. It's a PITA in the beginning for sure but once you get it set up, watch out!

I get that, but as someone who doesn't travel with their gear, other that by their car, I think I would rather stick with my Eventide Orville or even Max/MSP for my "construction set" needs.
cbm

committed
committed

Postby shikawkee » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:07 pm

cbm wrote:
shikawkee wrote:

I get that, but as someone who doesn't travel with their gear, other that by their car, I think I would rather stick with my Eventide Orville or even Max/MSP for my "construction set" needs.

Makes perfect sense. If I wasn't traveling so much my rig would be very different.

Heck, at home rack for sure.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cbm » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:24 pm

Even if there was an editor so that I could use a computer to program it, I would be more interested. Having to pull it off my board, or sit on the floor is not appealing.
cbm

committed
committed

Postby shikawkee » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:41 pm

cbm wrote:Even if there was an editor so that I could use a computer to program it, I would be more interested. Having to pull it off my board, or sit on the floor is not appealing.

Yup, I would love an editor as well. It ain't so hard once you get into it but I hate having to hunch over so much on my board.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:26 am

I just want time with a Zoia to give me ideas of what to do with a Monome-ish controller and my DSP-7000. I’m not sure its horsepower would even be up to a DSP-4000, but the modular environment with a more playable interface seems worth exploring.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear