What are some of the fuzzes you consider the most badass

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What are some of the fuzzes you consider the most badass

Postby fcknoise » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:40 am

jondom22 wrote:I've been using a Jimmy Behan buzzaround for the past number of years. Bought a new buzzaround from Arcane Analog recently that rips. Here's some quick demos for reference:
https://soundcloud.com/jon-dom/sets/arc ... aster-demo

Speak of the devil. Here came the buzzaround itch again. this is an excellent demo. I used to have an arcane analog buzzaround in a lovely wedge enclosure that was worth way too much money. It only took batteries as well and my dumb ass obviously forgot to turn it off properly and drained the battery several times. Eventually I sold it.

Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:04 pm

I can confirm the Super Electric stuff is quality. Based on the one pedal I've been borrowing for a while now :lol:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:58 pm

Jero wrote:I can confirm the Super Electric stuff is quality. Based on the one pedal I've been borrowing for a while now :lol:

The Jenn Fuzz and Sustain I bought from him is amazing. Excellent build quality, too.
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby pigmaker » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:07 pm

anyone know a buffer friendly MKI TB for me
http://mathewriley.com
Want:; EFE Dope Priest Particle Series '77/Standard .... Malekko ID-600 Bright or Dark

good deals with: shikawkee, worra, chatmatt, Brobee, behndy, fever606, space6oy, V___, crayola64, emanux, Chaosmic, hbombgraphics

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit.
pigmaker

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:08 pm

hmm maybe the faceless fx de sade but the mk1 is a fussy beast
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jero » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:16 pm

LaoWiz wrote:
Jero wrote:I can confirm the Super Electric stuff is quality. Based on the one pedal I've been borrowing for a while now :lol:

The Jenn Fuzz and Sustain I bought from him is amazing. Excellent build quality, too.

My experience is with the very same pedal! :joy:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:42 pm

pigmaker wrote:it's a thread about fuzz :poke:

Fuzz is ok I guess...

Favorite "unique" fuzzes: LAL Tone Axe and SOF88, Fuzz Hugger Phantom octave [run into another fuzz], Mellowtone Wolf CPU, Dwarfcraft TGD, MASF epilepsy.

Favorite "normal" fuzzes: Sovtek muffs, Katana Sound Superfuzzes, HAO The Roar, Guyatone FZ2.

Favorite Fuzzes I more than likely will never try but maybe would like to but have no reason to: Verellen Big Spider, Chunk Systems Brown Dog, Bixonic Expandora.

:idk:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby qersty » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:13 am

5e3 deluxes make pretty badass fuzzes
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby pigmaker » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:27 pm

somewhat off topic, if yall would indulge me...

dont know much about spaceman pedals
i'm looking at some spaceman on reverb

so here's my question:

so my best guess is, some of them are made in limited edition runs with different finishes, so a lot pricier than the "normal ones"

i'm seeing other pedals of the same model for a lot less,

is it just a difference in finish/collectibility, or are their differences in the respective circuits?

this was the first youtube vid of a spaceman pedal i saw, and it made me go "holy shit":

Want:; EFE Dope Priest Particle Series '77/Standard .... Malekko ID-600 Bright or Dark

good deals with: shikawkee, worra, chatmatt, Brobee, behndy, fever606, space6oy, V___, crayola64, emanux, Chaosmic, hbombgraphics

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit.
pigmaker

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fcknoise » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:35 pm

I’ve always thought that if I was spending spaceman money I’d rather be spending EFE/D*A*M money
Last edited by fcknoise on Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby pigmaker » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:39 pm

fcknoise wrote:I’ve always that that if I was spending spaceman money I’d rather be spending EFE/D*A*M money

cant argue with that one bit

pigmaker

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Blackened Soul » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:05 pm

I played a spaceman Rumblefuzz models in a shop in portland a long time ago... I thought it was a nice sounding FF type fuzz but. IT DID NOT RUMBLE! so I lost interest in the brand.. look, if you say rumble it better be able to shuffle HUGE speaker threading amounts of lows to an uncontrollable level.. so far though.. every builder has let me down in comparison to my old bublefont muff.. :grumpy:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby pigmaker » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:21 pm

that bubblefont muff was my first real fuzz and "the" "sound" of my first band in the mid 90s

my fav muff ever is the dope priest with the '77/the standard circuit, which i guess is the guild foxey lady, i just got a plum crazy fx fuzzy lady last week for about $70. just straight up theft. cant wait to hear it.

i have a plum crazy blue boar which is based on the park fuzz/tonebender mkiii
so wooly, so awesome

shameless plug time, you can hear the blue boar on my single that i put out a cpl months ago

not sure why i dont hear about plum crazy fx more often

they are way too secret plum crazy makes great stuff
really awesome germanium sounds maaaan

pigmaker

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fcknoise » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:45 am

pigmaker wrote:my fav muff ever is the dope priest with the '77/the standard circuit

See now you just out here making me jealous :cry:

would do dishonourable things to get my hands on a dope priest and/or a lucifer rising

fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cbm » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:54 am

pigmaker wrote:so my best guess is, some of them are made in limited edition runs with different finishes, so a lot pricier than the "normal ones"

i'm seeing other pedals of the same model for a lot less,

is it just a difference in finish/collectibility, or are their differences in the respective circuits?

There have been some historic models where some finishes had more unobtanium transistors than others, but in general the difference is cosmetic.

For the most recent few releases, they've been doing a Standard edition that they plan on keeping in production for a while, and various Limited ones in different numbers of finishes. The Standard edition uses some surface mount parts, while the Limited ones are all through hole.

Depending upon your taste in fuzz there's a lot to like in their various fuzzes. The Sputnik III is pretty amazing, and I like several other of their fuzzes as well.
cbm

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear