· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:26 am

MrNovember wrote:Bought some monitors and a new bass so I had to rearrange a bunch of the studio:
20190301_173849 (800x600).jpg

20190301_173923 (800x600).jpg

20190301_173915 (800x600).jpg

So happy with everything! It's a lot more open and better laid out than I had it before. I also traded for a Korg Poly 800 that I'm going to setup above/behind the DX7 when I fix it up and get a new stand

That’s such a rad setup! I’m always jelly of your video synth setup :love:

Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:13 am

MrNovember wrote:Bought some monitors and a new bass so I had to rearrange a bunch of the studio:
20190301_173849 (800x600).jpg

20190301_173923 (800x600).jpg

20190301_173915 (800x600).jpg

So happy with everything! It's a lot more open and better laid out than I had it before. I also traded for a Korg Poly 800 that I'm going to setup above/behind the DX7 when I fix it up and get a new stand

Excelsior, nice amp ...

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:33 am

Thanks for the sampler help!!

Tue May 14, 2019 10:39 am

My reconfigured setup. Basically, if I can’t fit it in this case, then I can’t keep it. Everything in here’s wired up and ready to go, too.
Attachments
B5CAAE43-8F31-43A1-9489-35457C813A18.jpeg

Tue May 14, 2019 1:06 pm

01010111 wrote:My reconfigured setup. Basically, if I can’t fit it in this case, then I can’t keep it. Everything in here’s wired up and ready to go, too.

Tell me about the SE-02.
I've really started looking closely at it recently, but I wonder if I really want a monosynth after owning a Minilogue for a year.

Tue May 14, 2019 2:05 pm

Sonaboy wrote:
01010111 wrote:My reconfigured setup. Basically, if I can’t fit it in this case, then I can’t keep it. Everything in here’s wired up and ready to go, too.

Tell me about the SE-02.
I've really started looking closely at it recently, but I wonder if I really want a monosynth after owning a Minilogue for a year.

I really liked the sounds I could get out of mine, but it was way too cramped for me and I really don't like the wiggly pots they used. The Boutique format is just slightly too small and toy-like for me to properly enjoy.

01010111, how do you like the Vidiot? I've been wanting to get my hands on one of them for awhile now.

Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 pm

MrNovember wrote:
Sonaboy wrote:

Tell me about the SE-02.

I really liked the sounds I could get out of mine, but it was way too cramped for me and I really don't like the wiggly pots they used. The Boutique format is just slightly too small and toy-like for me to properly enjoy.

01010111, how do you like the Vidiot? I've been wanting to get my hands on one of them for awhile now.

@Sonaboy: I’ve always really enjoyed small things, so, the boutiques and volcas are perfect for me. I wouldn’t get it to try and replace the Minilogue. It has a much more aggressive and powerful sound in every respect, but it’s only one voice. So, it’d probably be really nice to compliment the Minilogue.

I bought it to replace a Pittsburgh Lifeforms SV-1. The SV-1 could sound enormous, and that was most of what I used it for. So, I sold the lifeforms to get something that was cheaper, had a transposable sequencer, and could sound huge as well.

@MrNovember: It’s super fun! I feel like I need to get a camera and/or some other modular gear to use with it. On its own it’s fairly limited, but running external video into it and using the audio envelope follower to create some movement is a lot of fun. It was easier to understand how video oscillators work after playing with this for a while.

Fri May 17, 2019 7:56 am

A decent begin would be for each OP to think about the fitting area before posting. A few segments are not utilized in light of the fact that publications don't focus. And after that obviously there's the I believed I would show signs of improvement presentation for my post in the general segment rather than the fitting segment.

Fri May 17, 2019 8:05 am

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Fri May 17, 2019 8:14 am

Eivind August wrote:Have you tried turning it off and on again?

That usually works for me

Mon May 20, 2019 3:48 pm

FREDERIC wrote:A decent begin would be for each OP to think about the fitting area before posting. A few segments are not utilized in light of the fact that publications don't focus. And after that obviously there's the I believed I would show signs of improvement presentation for my post in the general segment rather than the fitting segment.

In hindsight I believed that the best option to be a fitting segment during posting process. Another segment could have been fitted if not for the obstruction of the improved traditional utilization of the future presentation. Of course I have thought I shown the implementation of the general publication but for now the segment fitting is taking care of within post processing tradition.

Mon May 20, 2019 4:13 pm

Ghost Hip wrote:
FREDERIC wrote:A decent begin would be for each OP to think about the fitting area before posting. A few segments are not utilized in light of the fact that publications don't focus. And after that obviously there's the I believed I would show signs of improvement presentation for my post in the general segment rather than the fitting segment.

In hindsight I believed that the best option to be a fitting segment during posting process. Another segment could have been fitted if not for the obstruction of the improved traditional utilization of the future presentation. Of course I have thought I shown the implementation of the general publication but for now the segment fitting is taking care of within post processing tradition.

That makes a lot more sense now

Fri May 24, 2019 7:33 pm

WORMDIRT wrote:
tremolo3 wrote:
WORMDIRT wrote:Trying to add a third sampler

Dude what? why?

Hot setup anyway :!!!:

Hear me out... I've been doing sampled hip hop kinda experimental stuff (extremely experimental for the sp404 lofi hip-hop crowd). Octatrack does the songs essentially. Volca does drone blips and bleeps and shit with delay and reverb. And I want a third to do exclusively one shots of conversations and field recordings. And I wanna indulge in gear.

Any clips of that stuff you're working on?

Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:46 pm

I'm really narrowing down my setup, but I need to rearrange some things. I'm thinking I'll try putting the eurorack on the shelf so that I'll have room for everything else out front. And yes, the HS7 is teetering dangerously on the edge of the shelf; I really need some monitor stands or something
I just received the Mono Station in a trade and it's ridiculously underrated. I've only had time for one quick jam, but it's great:
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByqxmwVhazP/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Byq0jpMBDf2/

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:57 pm

The Digitakt has tagged out and the Digitone has tagged in. I've got Renoise doing everything the Digitakt did anyway.

I've only had a few hours with the Digitone, but it's great so far.
Post a reply