Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby Forrrest » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:26 pm

what's an MS-20 going to bring me that I can't already do with what I got? (aside from having fun with cables)
Forrrest

committed
committed

Postby Deltaphoenix » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:10 pm

Really, I don't see why you should get one, they are HZ/oct rather than 1V/oct like most synths. Therefore they don't work well to send CV back and forth with. Cool synths but on a silly standard.
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jskadiang » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:47 pm

Forrrest wrote:(aside from having fun with cables)

I guess that was about 99% of the reason, you have the mono area more than covered, it's just a blast with the cables, and the patching options. Agreed, of course on the CV standard, I would've thought that with the refresh they might have put it on the same wavelength as what is probably the industry standard right about now, which would have placed it as an excellent budget choice for interfacing with a modular setup. Don't forget that it now comes with MIDI AND USB ports though, so it's not as useless as it could be.
jskadiang

Supporter
Supporter

Postby vauxflores » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:50 pm

From my neck of the woods - tier 1 of what could quite possibly be a very large modular rig for my wife - it's mostly clocks at the moment and I'm building in my spare time, but the plan is to keep building and see how wild things thing will get.
vauxflores

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Astricii » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:34 am

MS-20 Voyager and DSI are worlds different. The filter character of the MS-20 is something you can't really replicate anywhere else. I find my Voyager always on the creamier smoother side of things. I can make dying fax-machine noises with it too but it doesn't have the Fuzziness? I guess, of the MS-20. The DSI curtis filter also has a very characteristic sound. 3 years of Voyager ownership and I'm finding myself wondering why I don't own more mono synths.

This shits a disease :picard:
Achtane wrote:The whole super-submissive robotic dying cat girl with mosaic for junk thing...BLEH
Astricii

experienced
experienced

Postby kbit » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:13 am

Morning drones are my favorite.

D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:28 am

kbithecrowing wrote:Morning drones are my favorite.

Clips!
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby kbit » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:48 am

My computer still isnt set up in my new place but I'll do my best to upload a clip by the end of the weekend.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:04 pm

Deltaphoenix wrote:Really, I don't see why you should get one, they are HZ/oct rather than 1V/oct like most synths. Therefore they don't work well to send CV back and forth with. Cool synths but on a silly standard.

If you're planning on using an MS20 with a Modular system The Harvestman makes a module for user interface so you can send correct voltages back and forth. I can't remember what the module name is though
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Deltaphoenix » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:12 pm

I am good with mono synths right now. Cool to know for the Euro users though.

KBI - Damn…so hawt. That is a cool set-up, the Sub 37 looks AMAZEBALLS, so much fun with the Grendel I bet.

I will post some shots of my set-up soon, I am starting to move stuff into my music room/ studio.
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:41 pm

Well here is the current electronic music setup with me and my bandmate. It's a tad bit overwhelming becauase it only feels like a day ago when we had a DR-202, no sampler, and the shruthi. It's been a great ride and the shruthi is still here.

My bandmate owns the MPC and the Nord which take samples/sequencing and leads respecticvely. I own the tempest for weird percussive sounds and analog drums, shruthi on bass/squelches/soundscape, and DW-8000 for cheese and 80's stuff, the shruthi is about to go out for the upgraded Shruthi XT with all my patches. I still suck at creating new patches that I imagine in my head but hopefully slowly I'll be able to fix that.

I kinda want to get a dedicated bass synth like the bass station or save up big bugs for something like a moog. I feel though I need to make strides in making interesting patches on all my machines first before that happens.
Attachments
10670182_10153281502989762_9140943196330476564_n.jpg
10670182_10153281502989762_9140943196330476564_n.jpg (37.78 KiB) Viewed 3411 times
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby Deltaphoenix » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:54 pm

Just setting things up for the first time in awhile. HAD A BLAST TONIGHT!

Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby npfrs » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Happy to finally be able to join this thread...

Picked this up the other day after clearing out a ton of unused gear - here's to new directions!

npfrs

committed
committed

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:20 pm

1800 for a moog voyager performaner edition worth it?
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby Deltaphoenix » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:59 pm

That is a pretty good price

Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear