Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby Pepe » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:44 pm

sergiomunoz74 wrote:Edit: just had a real thought, so I have a couple boss ps-2's which you can make self-oscillate by connecting the input to the tuner input could I in theory use that to create drones which I could then turn into something pretty with a modular?

It sounds quite wicked on its own already (Tuner Out mode demonstration starts at 5:00 min):

Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby eatyourguitar » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:53 pm

I take back what I said. if you want to use some pedal to do tone sweeps turning a knob running through delay and record it to the MPC that is actually a great idea. just be careful buying everything modular. delay pedals cost more when they are modular. if you want to interface low level signals from a guitar pedal, you will need a module to boost the volume a bit before it goes in to the modular. this A-119 will be fine to get something like an ADSR from your guitar and boost the level for a modular input. you could skip the ADSR module for now if you only want to use it for guitar.

http://www.analoguehaven.com/doepfer/a119/

this is a cheap upgrade for the A-119 that will make it sound better. it just plugs in no tools. sometimes you get a used A-119 on ebay for $70 and the TL074 is already in it.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Texas-Instruments/TL074BCN/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtCHixnSjNA6CumnoLUElGjl5FwvLJvGNg%3d
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oscillateur » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:45 pm

To properly interface pedals with eurorack the best thing to use is the ALM SBG : http://busycircuits.com/alm006/
It even allows you to restrict voltages to levels that pedals with CV in are typically ok with so that you know you won't fry anything :).
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby louderthangod » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:41 pm

I've had my Moog Sub37 for awhile now and I almost never use it. I think I actually liked my Sub Phatty a bit more. The Sub37 has a ton more features but the Sub Phatty just felt more usable and inviting especially because I'm not a big synth guy and the learning curve has just been more of an obstacle. I honestly think I've updated the firmware more than I've actually played it in the last couple of months.
[b]“I'm not an abstractionist. I'm not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I'm interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.”
― Mark Rothko
http://www.floatingglasses.bandcamp.com http://theworshipofsilence.bandcamp.com
louderthangod

experienced
experienced

Postby sonidero » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:28 pm

My Lil Phatty TE has been in the closet for about 4 years... :erm:

I use my Opus III and Minitaur moar...
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Inconuucl » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:23 pm

Well, if any of you guys want to hook me up. ;)
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:37 pm

I think my tempest will have to go, I can't seem to get it to play nice in my live setup. Getting a complete song going with the tempest is easy and fun. Integrating with everything else without getting hung notes or bugs is difficult and if you don't use the internal sequencer at all then you lose a lot of the good functions. I really love the sounds I can come up with it.

I don't know if it gives me more headaches since it's not the center piece of my setup then I may have to sell it to fund my own MPC. If anyone is interested in it let me know, if I do let it go, I'll probably let it go for cheap since I bought it with some damage to it.
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby Derelict78 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:52 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg (130.15 KiB) Viewed 4451 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (149.79 KiB) Viewed 4451 times
aen wrote:Or I'll just use fuzz. Then Ill sound cool regardless.

Achtane wrote:Well, volcanoes are pretty fuckin' cool. Like I guess lava flows are doomy. Slow and still able to to melt your eardrums.
Derelict78

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kbit » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:03 pm

FUCKING SWEEEET
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:47 am

kbithecrowing wrote:FUCKING SWEEEET

oh damn -- no shit. I want it.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Derelict78 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:41 am

I just picked these up from a church in Michigan. Needs a cleaning but sounds RAD!
Il be making a little demo with effects since there is not much info online for these.
Also they are for sale/trade if anyone is interested.
aen wrote:Or I'll just use fuzz. Then Ill sound cool regardless.

Achtane wrote:Well, volcanoes are pretty fuckin' cool. Like I guess lava flows are doomy. Slow and still able to to melt your eardrums.
Derelict78

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:35 pm

Quick question that might seem dumb but I notice with my voyager that the second oscillator is completely difficult to get in tune or I can time to say C in unison but when I go up a whole note there is obvious phasing and if I move up one more whole step then it's entirely out tune warble, is this how it's want to be? The osc 3 doesn have this issue, I can tune it to whatever an tracks perfectly across the keyboard. Is that normal?

I'm not super familiar with true analogue synths in that way.
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby Deltaphoenix » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:39 pm

There are trimmers for tuning and for scale. If you can get the second oscillator in tune but it doesn't stay on the same note as other oscillators when you change notes then it needs to have it's scale adjusted. It isn't tracking CV the same as the other oscillators, for example it ma be 1.09V/oct instead of 1V/oct like the other 2 oscillators are.

Check on the Moog Forum for help from people that have a Voyager.
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:15 am

Yeah I checked around for a while and that was basically the answer, I should have realized that. I know tuning drift is a thing but didn't realize that the scale is also possible to drift. Too bad I don't have a multimeter to really check on that. I imagine I could probably tune the scale with just a regular ol' tuner or something.

I asked here first because I already have enough forum accounts to keep up with, I'll check my local moog repair joint to see if they have an easy way to tune it without a multimeter and shitty tools.
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby eatyourguitar » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:53 pm

you can also just do the scale by ear and match it to the first vco. it might not be perfect 1v/oct but it will sound better than it does now. all you need to do is play C2 and C3 or just pick a key. start with everything in tune on C2 then play C3 and adjust the trimmer. repeat again and again.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear