Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby oscillateur » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:07 am

It was on a table, propped against a wall :).

I managed to buy it for cheap enough in the late 90's (I actually took a train back to Paris with it) and sold it a few years later for a profit but still probably much less than waht it's worth now when I needed rent money... As nice as the synth was visually, its big size made it hard to use even in my apartment (I obviously never used it at a concert).

For those who don't know, it's a very limited edition of the Korg MS20 (20 or 100 according to the sources) that looks like this :

oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Pepe » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:22 am

oscillateur wrote:I obviously never used it at a concert

Oh, man! I had loved to see someone use that thing on stage! Clad in a doctor's overall. :joy:
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby bob the r0bot » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:23 pm

I want to mount my modular on the wall now. Synths are the future of interactive wall art.
soundcloud................https://soundcloud.com/datingsite
My vanity label.............https://newemotive.bandcamp.com/releases (new stuff added 12/4/16)

Check out my rack.........https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/178913
kusherment wrote:Weed is kushed by hitting other weed.
bob the r0bot

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:24 pm

Paging Harry Bertoia
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby space6oy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:12 pm

that thing is HOT. i :love: my MS-20.
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Warpsmasher » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:43 pm

Drone sesh with Great Destroyer CV action!

TGD:E starving & distressing the smooth voltage from the Wogglebug, and sending it into a pair of osc/formant filter/delay chains in the Scooper (Destroyer's audio out is used as a second lfo).
Additional sequencing & modulation from Voltage Memory. The stretched and blended video parts are, uh...to cover up camera mistakes. Yeah.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby spawnofthesith » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:32 am

^awesomeness

D.o.S. wrote:There's a rundown in the minilogue thread, but he loves it I think.

Indeed, it is a keeper for sure
spawnofthesith

committed
committed

Postby Bartimaeus » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:44 pm

Warpsmasher wrote:Drone sesh with Great Destroyer CV action!

TGD:E starving & distressing the smooth voltage from the Wogglebug, and sending it into a pair of osc/formant filter/delay chains in the Scooper (Destroyer's audio out is used as a second lfo).
Additional sequencing & modulation from Voltage Memory. The stretched and blended video parts are, uh...to cover up camera mistakes. Yeah.

Cool stuff, mate! So the Wogglebug is the only sound source?

Also, how do you compare the Pressure Points and the Meng Qi Voltage Memory? I'm really looking forward to the new Meng Qi Karp.
Bartimaeus

experienced
experienced

Postby Warpsmasher » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:49 am

Bartimaeus wrote:Cool stuff, mate! So the Wogglebug is the only sound source?

Also, how do you compare the Pressure Points and the Meng Qi Voltage Memory? I'm really looking forward to the new Meng Qi Karp.

The Wogglebug is actually just used as a voltage source like a sequencer or LFO, and the Destroyer is processing (starving/agitating/freaking/fuzzing) the smooth voltage signal from the WB, which makes the oscillators it's playing sound all belchy and farty instead of smooth. The sound source is the patch that's in the Scooper (shown on the ipad), a pair of oscillator/filter/delay combos.

Pressure Points has better key sensitivity than the Voltage Memory, and a knob to tune it. It is the better of the two for hands-on, manual mode stuff like playing voices and sending bursts & tweaks, and I don't use the Voltage Memory in manual mode much at all, only to set & forget the 12 pads' voltage levels for each output jack (across 7 banks!).
The Voltage Memory's 6 output jacks can have one function per mode, whereas with PP you have 3 separate sets of jacks for multiple functions at once. I haven't had much use for Brains apart from the most basic sequencing yet, but that is very nice to have, so it's worth getting if you're going to get Pressure Points.
The Voltage Memory is light years superior as a sequencer & LFO. It's not even close. The programmability takes it to a much higher level than Pressure Points. You can write random sequences up to 64 steps. There is also an arpeggiator mode, which Pressure Points doesn't have. Menq Qi is constantly fine-tuning and updating the firmware, which is good to see. The updates are done with a micro usb (phone) cable, which can also power the module independently...this is one of the most amazing features nobody knows about it. Analoguehaven offers the VM in a separate wooden enclosure, but I'm thinking maybe those new lego-snap case pieces would also do the trick if I ever want to bust it free of the rack and turn it into a bit of chunkystyle desktop debris.
Definitely excited for the Karp, probably going to pounce on it the day it drops! DPLPG is also at the top of my 2 HP list.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby GuitarSlim101 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:45 pm

Finally dug this out of my parents' basement and got it (mostly) working right again. Still need to replace the memory battery and a few caps here and there, but I'm having oodles of fun. :omg:

GuitarSlim101

committed
committed

Postby space6oy » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:36 pm

HOT
:love:
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:48 am

Oh, wow! :thumb:
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Forrrest » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:13 am

damn. ob8 just kicking around unused.... what else you got down there?
Forrrest

committed
committed

Postby GuitarSlim101 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:42 pm

Forrrest wrote:damn. ob8 just kicking around unused.... what else you got down there?

A bunch of trashed chipboard guitar cases and old t-shirts, unfortunately. Some day I will have my synth dungeon.

As for the OB8, my uncle bought it in the 80s because he was a big fan of Brian Eno and wanted some synthy goodness. He had it on consignment at a shop in Madison for a few years and it wasn't drawing much interest, so I traded him a tweed deluxe for it 10 or so years ago. I finally cleared out a bit of space for in my apartment, so I was able to dig it out of storage. I do still need to swap a few caps on the voice boards (4 of the voices don't like to stay tuned) and clean all the key contacts and knobs.

It's a delightful synth to play around with. I've been diving deep into the manual mode to figure out just how everything works, and I'm starting to get fairly proficient at dialing in a tone. I can't play worth shit, but I'm working on that, too.
GuitarSlim101

committed
committed

Postby rembrandtvanrijn » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:47 pm

Phenol is arrived :joy:

rembrandtvanrijn

involved
involved

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear