Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby kbit » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:09 am

sergiomunoz74 wrote:
kbithecrowing wrote:Image

Hey! I was looking to get an SP 404 myself, how do you like it? Any issues?

I really only use mine to a fraction of what it can do but its extremely easy to use in my experience. Most things ive wanted to do with it have been possible, except for resampling with the addition of an external device. I wish it could do that :( I really really like the effects for processing sounds though. They all sound really cool.

Dr Sherman Sticks M.D. uses these pretty extensively if you want a more detail impression.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby GardenoftheDead » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:07 pm

Mainstage is interesting
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Achtane » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:15 pm

What do you mean by resampling? Like playing a sample through something and sampling the result? Am I dumb?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kbit » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:01 pm

Nah like you can make a sample of a live session of you playing the sampler. Like playing a drum beat out of multiple samples just to make one sample of a beat. Or for processing samples with the effects and saving it as a new one.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:11 am

resampling is the jim jam :animal:

the SPs are limited in some ways but super fun. the key is within misusing the intended functionality. lots of gems in there.
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:19 pm

This sounds up my alley, I'm mostly using it for one shots and some sampled vocal stuff so I just want to do that and mangle it a bit with on sample effects. Although resampling would be cool, live I probably wouldn't manage it too well anyway haha
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby kbit » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:13 pm

Yeah resampling isnt really a live thing. Not that you couldn't do it, its just a lot of button presses and being fluid with that would be tough.

But for what it sounds like you wanna do I would go for it. Mangling shit with the effects is super fun.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gruesomania » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:20 pm

Gruesomania

interested
interested

Postby Andrew21502 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:35 am

My Korg Volca Beats, Bass and Monotribe are somewhere in my mess of a room.
However, here is a shitty photo of MicroKorg XL+, Minibrute, and Roland MC-505
Attachments
IMG_1439.JPG
IMG_1439.JPG (125.83 KiB) Viewed 3558 times
Andrew21502

involved
involved

Postby Deltaphoenix » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:43 pm

Ciat-Lonbarde PlumButter 2:

behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:02 am

Goddamn it lost a lead on a cheap Tempest. I really fucking want a drum machine with pads for fingering drumming. Analog Rytm looks tasty, I'm just not sure. I really need dem drums.

Anyone have any thoughts?
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby Deltaphoenix » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:23 am

Man, I feel ya, I could have scooped a Tempest for CHEAP recently. I have had one before, it is really more of a percussion synth than a straight-up drum machine. It takes skills to be able to make the sounds you want on a Tempest especially because the built in samples mostly suck.

I had an Analog Rytm until 2 weeks ago. I plan on getting another but am going to wait until I can find a used one for cheap. It feels kind of overpriced. The sequencer is awesome, the drums nail 80s analog drum machine sounds the sample playback is kind of limited but if you really get your sample how you want before putting it in the AR then it is handy. The AR really has a beta feel to it still, like it isn't totally developed and has a few quirks still. All and all, it is a nice piece of gear though.

Really, there are some awesome cheap drum machines too. But if you want an Elektron, maybe look for a used MachineDrum.

edit: Hmm for finger drumming, the Tempest probably the best standalone unless you go for an MPC.
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:34 pm

Yeah the thing that sucks is that for the most part it's either doing sample based drum machines which isn't really what I want. I've realized that the rytm would have a beta feel to just because I feel like that's just how elektron works. A cool product but not an entirely complete one until maybe a year or two after release. That's why I was also trying to find a used one but goddamn is it proving hard to jump around different forums in hopes of finding one. I also dig that I can cut out my sampler from the equation which was going to be a sp404sx which you gotta have everything sampled just the way you want it anyway to work with it well.

I wonder is it the super cheap tempest that was sitting in the gear page for like 850? That was mad cheap and I felt bitter that I didn't jump on it. I waited because I honestly don't have my drum synthesis skills up to par, but the set up of it and look is just so dreamy. What made you drop it?

I was looking around and possibly getting a cheaper drum machine with analog drum stuff that could possibly connect to a midi pad to trigger the drums and still have some xox. Do you think you can do that with a machine drum? I would have to look around because I feel like I'm wanting too much.

sorry for the relatively long musing about my search, just seems so daunting finally moving up to something nicer.
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby Deltaphoenix » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:16 pm

Yeah the Gearpage Tempest, dude was asking $1000 originally, I was kind of back and forth with him, he was willing to take payments, etc. He messaged me that he would take $850, I didn't see the message until someone else scooped it…. I was like FFFFUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Dude look at this:

I had instant regret about selling my AR after seeing this….Damn it, so good.

I think the Machinedrum would work with a Midi controller.

Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:38 pm

Oh shit that is sooooo sick. I think I might just get an AR sometime soon and with the extra cash I would save from getting a tempest, I'll get an Ipad. I think this would be a lot more fun than the machine drum with a pad. Sad that I didn't find you selling it before, I probably would've scooped it up as I'm in desperate need of a drum machine at the moment.

Dude I knew everyone was going to be looking at that, I wanted it bad but at the moment I was on a trip in NYC and I just didn't know if I could swing it. Regretting it, but not knowing too much about drum synthesis made me feel better about not purchasing it. Although it would've been a damn good flip, hell even on the ebay there would've been major profit.
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear