Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby BoatRich » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:45 pm

Dude I've been fucking with one of those at work for the past week or so and they're so awesome! I brought my board in the other day to run it through the el cap and such and it's perfect.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:48 pm

The Yamaha or the MS?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BoatRich » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:00 pm

Both actually, I was talking about the Yamaha, but we have an MS20 mini and a Microbrute also and I've been fucking with those a lot using the microbrute as a "control" for tones because I own one.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby oscillateur » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:21 am

I just received my Reface YC. Damn, that thing is tiny and cute. Also, a proper drone machine. And I love a good old wysiwyg interface...

Next step : try it will all of the pedals.
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby oscillateur » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:48 am

Quick Reface YC impressions :

- the different organ models are quite different from each other (and can react quite differently to dirt, too). There are 5 of them, which is good because there's enough variety and it's not too much, thus it doesn't break the direct what you see is what you hear experience.

- the included reverb is nice, and at its max setting has longer reverb tails than I thought. Which is nice for further pedal fuckering.

- The small stick/lever that's used for pitch modulation in other models controls the rotary speaker emulation here, with 4 modes : off, stop (on but static), slow and fast (the LFO frequency is interpolated for about one or two seconds when changing speeds, which is nice). Anyway, going from off to stop changes the sound enough to be noticeable, which means that you can get sort of cool choppy effects by pushing that stick up and down (i.e. going back and forth between off and stop).

Also, I'm not such a fan of the stereo effect of the rotary speaker, which means that I should be happy processing the thing in mono, which means that I have more pedal options now :).

And did I say that this thing is cute ? ;)
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:27 pm

yo i dig some of the features they put on those refaces. loopers and stuff? yamaha is so under the radar.
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oscillateur » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:33 pm

Synths nerds of the worst kind (i.e. the ones who obsess over details but usually fail to produce any music with their instruments) are all raging about the Reface series because :
- it's called CS but it's not a CS-80
- it's called DX but it's not a DX7-II
- they have mini-keys (and they're all accomplished concert pianists, we know)
- their whole life is meaningless and devoid of any happiness
- etc.

Meanwhile, people who actually bought these seem to be pretty happy with them.
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby space6oy » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:17 pm

this thread needs so many more pictures...

space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blakestree » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:59 pm

Holy fudge!!!
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby space6oy » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:34 am

i just moved or there'd be cables.

and i'm needing to move a few of those for some new stuff...
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby eatyourguitar » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:09 pm

V1 maths for ultimate street cred original gangsta
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oscillateur » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:37 pm

Well, there's also (and particularly) the QMMG, Livewire modules and v1 Harvestman in there. And "old" (because that's very relative) Intellijel logic modules, and gargoyles Wiard...
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby kbit » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:44 pm

oscillateur wrote:Quick Reface YC impressions :

- the different organ models are quite different from each other (and can react quite differently to dirt, too). There are 5 of them, which is good because there's enough variety and it's not too much, thus it doesn't break the direct what you see is what you hear experience.

- the included reverb is nice, and at its max setting has longer reverb tails than I thought. Which is nice for further pedal fuckering.

- The small stick/lever that's used for pitch modulation in other models controls the rotary speaker emulation here, with 4 modes : off, stop (on but static), slow and fast (the LFO frequency is interpolated for about one or two seconds when changing speeds, which is nice). Anyway, going from off to stop changes the sound enough to be noticeable, which means that you can get sort of cool choppy effects by pushing that stick up and down (i.e. going back and forth between off and stop).

Also, I'm not such a fan of the stereo effect of the rotary speaker, which means that I should be happy processing the thing in mono, which means that I have more pedal options now :).

Have you tried using this with a footswitch yet for hands free dronage?
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby smallpond » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:10 pm

oscillateur wrote:Synths nerds of the worst kind (i.e. the ones who obsess over details but usually fail to produce any music with their instruments) are all raging about the Reface series because :
- it's called CS but it's not a CS-80
- it's called DX but it's not a DX7-II
- they have mini-keys (and they're all accomplished concert pianists, we know)
- their whole life is meaningless and devoid of any happiness
- etc.

Meanwhile, people who actually bought these seem to be pretty happy with them.

I'm curious as to what the recommended alternatives are. I know a lot of synth nerds feel that these are overpriced but the DX is still really tempting (just tried one out today). Is there a comparable mini synth (space is unfortunately an issue) that will offer a similar range of sounds at a better price? If not I might just bite the bullet and get one.
smallpond

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby oscillateur » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:00 pm

kbit wrote:
oscillateur wrote:Quick Reface YC impressions :

Have you tried using this with a footswitch yet for hands free dronage?

Ah, nope. I just checked and there is a foot controller input, I'll have to check the manual to see what it does. I might still have a foot controller from an old crappy behringer amp simulator but it's possible that I threw it away with the amp simulator itself though... I don't want to risk plugging the modular in there but it's tempting...

Oh, and I use guitar/bass picks for hands free droning. Works on any keyboard :)
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear