Mountainking Electronics

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Mountainking Electronics

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:13 pm

^^^ jwar, jr. :lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby nightterrors » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:33 pm

Anyone know where Demon666's Mountainking Trem/Ring Mod went off to?
I asked him about buying it and he said he needed to track er' down.
Good Dealings With: jumbo_steelie(x2), Demon666, foomanfat, Ryan, Skullservant, new05002(x3), WeHuntKings, edkoppel, monkeydancer, smalltownsongs, transients, weed_killer, superfuzz_bigmuff, multi_s, kosta, pez.period, juggernaut, craig0101, LazerViking, indianDYsummer, Muff_Diver, jrmy, cantremember, dangergirlstarship, pjrjazz, amorphous, CrazyDroneDream, spburns, DannDubbleEwe
nightterrors

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby nightterrors » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:55 pm

Also..
Excane!
Alan told me he's done the Bog Beast.
Have you tried out the new version yet?
Good Dealings With: jumbo_steelie(x2), Demon666, foomanfat, Ryan, Skullservant, new05002(x3), WeHuntKings, edkoppel, monkeydancer, smalltownsongs, transients, weed_killer, superfuzz_bigmuff, multi_s, kosta, pez.period, juggernaut, craig0101, LazerViking, indianDYsummer, Muff_Diver, jrmy, cantremember, dangergirlstarship, pjrjazz, amorphous, CrazyDroneDream, spburns, DannDubbleEwe
nightterrors

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby nightterrors » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:24 am

website has been updated...
He took off a few pedals.. Max OD, Huge Box I, Synapse, Rollback, P.O. BOX, Ruckus I...
he posted a picture of the updated Magnetar in the smaller enclosure... looks pretty sweet.

http://www.mountainkingelectronics.net/pedals.html
nightterrors

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dark Barn » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:53 am

nightterrors wrote:website has been updated...
He took off a few pedals.. Max OD, Huge Box I, Synapse, Rollback, P.O. BOX, Ruckus I...
he posted a picture of the updated Magnetar in the smaller enclosure... looks pretty sweet.

http://www.mountainkingelectronics.net/pedals.html

That's my Magnetar :) literally. It came out looking great! I also have a Heavy Machine in the same size and a Behmoth II on the way. Only the Magnetar (along with the Megalith) is getting the silk screen though, I think. nightterrors, you have the LSD with the freq toggle? How do you like it on bass? My curiousity is piqued!
I've been searchin' for the dolphins in the sea.

The Weak in Review: Weak Arguments Revue
Dark Barn

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dark Barn » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:59 am

Also I don't think Alan is discontinuing the Huge Box, not sure about the others he pulled.

I spoke with him recently about the Huge Box and the Heavy Machine, he said both have updated circuits with a gain boost toggle, and a distortion level control. With my hot pickups the gain toggle isn't very useful but the distortion level control is :love:

Dark Barn

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:00 pm

I want a Decomposer again. UGH. So fucking good. I wish Excane would make a fucking demo of the Head Shop. Alan was talking about this being his next release. I demoed it but my demos aren't as good as his obviously. :) But listen to it. HOLY FUCK

"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Dark Barn » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:05 pm

Yeah!!! I hope he does add that to the line up.

Dark Barn

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby nightterrors » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:02 pm

you're right! He is making a new version of the Heavy Machine and Huge Box!
I meant the Huge Box I !

The Freq LSD toggle is great.. I honestly don't know if I'd dig it as much without it because I'm playing bass mostly.. so glad I waited as long as I did to get one. I didn't even know he was going to do it, he told me when it was about to ship and I got super stoked.
Some intense sounds come out of that thing, also some very usable fuzz sounds, I put it beside my FZ-2 and it could do the "Fuzz I" sound but a little more synthy sounding..
I got a pretty cool auto wah/ filter-ish fuzz sound out of it too on certain pickup settings on my bass VI.
It is definitely more suitable for bass now that the toggle is on it.

Also.. Jwar... I feel you on the Decomposer.. I'm putting an order in for one real soon. Head Shop is sick!
nightterrors

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:43 pm

Nice to see an update on the website. :thumb:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:04 pm

nightterrors wrote:you're right! He is making a new version of the Heavy Machine and Huge Box!
I meant the Huge Box I !

The Freq LSD toggle is great.. I honestly don't know if I'd dig it as much without it because I'm playing bass mostly.. so glad I waited as long as I did to get one. I didn't even know he was going to do it, he told me when it was about to ship and I got super stoked.
Some intense sounds come out of that thing, also some very usable fuzz sounds, I put it beside my FZ-2 and it could do the "Fuzz I" sound but a little more synthy sounding..
I got a pretty cool auto wah/ filter-ish fuzz sound out of it too on certain pickup settings on my bass VI.
It is definitely more suitable for bass now that the toggle is on it.

Well now I need one. I've wanted one for a while but the freq switch sold me. Dammit.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Hagel123 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:35 am

Got a megalith the other week and absolutely love it. Currently stack it with a DOD 250 going into it into an svt into Mesa diesel 215. It's just wondrous.

How does the megalith sound with the behemoth 2 going into it? I am tempted to order one of those as well.

Also, for those of you wondering, I am the new owner of megalith sn77, the one with custom under the sig and in the giant orange bo.
Fender Custom Shop Tele Champagne Sparkle

Zvex Fuzz Factory 7
Hudson 24v Broadcast
Mutron Mictrotron iv
Boss VB-2w Vibrato
Lehle Mono Volume
Ceiratone Centura
Strymon Volante

Victoria Victoriette
Hagel123

involved
involved

Postby Hagel123 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:03 am

BTW, here are pics of my Megalith
Attachments
IMG_1122.JPG
IMG_1121.JPG
IMG_1123.JPG

Zvex Fuzz Factory 7
Hudson 24v Broadcast
Mutron Mictrotron iv
Boss VB-2w Vibrato
Lehle Mono Volume
Ceiratone Centura
Strymon Volante

Victoria Victoriette
Hagel123

involved
involved

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:37 am

That's hawt :love:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Hagel123 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:22 am

Soooooooooo, how does the behemoth sound with the megalith?

Zvex Fuzz Factory 7
Hudson 24v Broadcast
Mutron Mictrotron iv
Boss VB-2w Vibrato
Lehle Mono Volume
Ceiratone Centura
Strymon Volante

Victoria Victoriette
Hagel123

involved
involved