Best for sale listing descriptions?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Best for sale listing descriptions?

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:04 pm

:erm: This don't look like no illusion to me. :idk:

https://reverb.com/item/27643931-super- ... rse-looper

The illusive Digital Water, near impossible to find, legendary tone.

Last three posted on reverb sold for $475, $475 and $510 respectively. All sold within a day or two of being posted.

The digital water – in the opinions of many, is the crown jewel of Seppuku pedals and one of the more interesting pedals out there. It has the nicest cascading watery delay tones of any delay that I have ever found, and I have tried over 100 delays - this one is truly unique, and very musical super useable.

It can do several particular watery delay tones that no other pedal on earth can achieve - cascading waterfall, the watery sound of a running stream or Brook, bubbles, uneven wave tides, liquify gitches, reverse water delay, watery pitch modulated delay, wet lo-if echo, and other unique aquatic sound effects that take you far into into the ocean’s depths...

On top of all of that, there is even more in the modulation department. It does the super appealing “random modulation” that is so desirable among delay pedal connoisseurs and is very pleasing to the ears - the random modulation has no regular LFO pattern but an unpredictable, natural sounding randomness to it. Completely unique. Raw and organic.

It can also do normal sinewave/normal sounding modulation like every single other boring modulated delay for when you want that. It does sound good enough in its normal settings to replace your analog delay if you so desire. I always have like five delays on my board personally, but this one is always on the random watery modulation mode. The random modulation is totally able to be tamed. VERY musical. Can be subtle or extreme. Sounds so cool and people are really pleased to hear it’s tone - a sound they’ve never heard before.

The pedal can also be set to go all out crazy, which somehow manages to stay musical and useful with actual music, not just a noisemaker.

The random modulation is just ONE of the many sounds this pedal can do besides the watery sounds, but even this random modulation feature is so rare in delay pedals that the only pedal that I know of that can do random modulation is the Pladask Täken. Taken sells for around $400-$425 used because it’s sound is so unique, yet this pedal can do so much more than the Täken, and the random modulation is much much different on this pedal.

Honestly, it isn’t even the coolest setting on the Seppuku.

There were quite a few iterations of this pedal from Seppuku, some had one knob, some had one knob and an LED, some had two knobs and an LED, and some had two knobs and a switch. The one with the two knobs and a switch is the most sophisticated, final iteration of the pedal and few were built.

This version is the only one that allows you to switch the watery delay / random modulation / glitch effects on or off. In the off position, it does a whole array of tones from reverse delay, to delay with normal modulation, to digital, analog, ping pong, pan, tape, and hold (looper). The watery delay / random modulation / glitch effect can be switched on to work with ANY of those modes (except the looper). So you can have reverse watery random modulation delay!

Sounds great with all of of the modes, but is particularly interesting with the reverse delay and tape delays as well as the mod delay.

The knobs allow you to fine-tune the modulation and get just the sound do you want. They give a variety of interesting tones across a sweep of knob turning mystery, including those unique aquatic sound effects that can’t be achieved with any other pedal, as well as things that happen like uneven delays, gitches, white noise and bit reduction.

Seppuku stopped making this pedal years ago, and the owner has publicly stated that he won’t make any pedals at all anymore. Even the Seppuku website is now shut down for good, only to become a legend, a remnant of the past.

Easily one of the coolest delay pedals ever – right up there with the the Montreal Assembly 856 For Zellersasn (technically a looper, but has ridiculous delay settings, and another favorite of delay connoisseurs).

Very small numbering these Digital Waters in existence. Very rarely come up for
sale, so I'm sure it will sell quickly.

This also can be used as a straight up chorus, or even a looper pedal with a small footprint - very versatile. The mod can obviously be switched off to just use normal delay sounds and it actually sounds great as a normal delay (much to my surprise). Many call it a Line 6 DL4 in a small enclosure. That’s a pretty legendary pedal to be compared to. Yet, obviously the DL4 doesn’t have the watery modulation and random modulation.

The reverse delay has endless interesting musical applications. If you don’t have a reverse delay - you need one. They are so inspiring and creativity inducing.

The YouTube video by ‘ugly cassanova’ called “similar
but different #1: Data Error & Seppuku Digital Water” is
unfortunately the best one on the internet, and shows just a tiny tiny bit of what this pedal can do, and shows you some of the watery delay tones and some random modulation delay tones that you can get out of it, but it’s really only the tip of the iceberg.

I also have an Audio Disruption Devices Data Error pedal that I got years ago while he was still making them and I am willing to sell one if you are looking for one of those instead.

I have been a collector of delays ranging from the 80's to now, and have owned somewhere around 120 different delays, ranging
all the way up to the most expensive, but specifically focusing on the most unique experimental pedals that make sounds no other pedal can make. This, I have to say, is completely unique in what it can do, and especially in how useful and musical is is. 100% unlike any other pedal out there.

I tried everything to get these sounds out of other delays that had the most promise in coaxing these tones from. I wanted a watery delay AND a random modulation delay pedal, but seriously struggled for years not finding anything. Only the seppuku could do it.

After a ton of time and effort, I realized that my favorite delay tones can’t be duplicated by anything else out there, even with the use of delay effects loops and combinations of pedals etc. I tried EVERYTHING.

Stereo in and outs, great for Wet/Dry or W/D/W setups.

Preset modes:
reverse delay
dark analog
bright digital
pitch modulation
stereo panning
ping pongs
tape
looper

I ship international. See my shipping policy for the locations I ship to if you are outside of the US and Canada.

:wizard:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:14 pm

No. Absolutely not. Nope.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:19 pm

:idk: … but it's like The Subspace Emissary's Worlds Conquest of pedal sale descriptions. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:23 pm

Chankgeez wrote::idk: … but it's like The Subspace Emissary's Worlds Conquest of pedal sale descriptions. :snax:

Oh it's the same one :lol: :lol: :thumb: I thought another Moe Moe was ranting about that pedal. Okay, we're good.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:26 pm

Yeah, apparently it was "sold" and then got relisted. :whoa: So, I thought it was worth revisiting. :idk:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:13 pm

Anyone have the instructions for how to make an icy water?
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:27 pm

Two pots, a toggle, wires. Start poking around. I think Magpie might have instructions on how he did his bend and that bend is pretty crazy and excessive,but honestly, just poke around. A lot of the points will get you there. Somewhere on an old hard drive I've got pics of the IC Water bend, but I'm too lazy to go look for it. I think I sent them to ADD pedals at some point so he might have them still. :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:19 pm

I started opening mine up the day you posted that repoman. But... 1. I only have a one pot version. 2. He mounted said pot right in the middle. Opening this shit up was more involving than I cared for on a Sunday. If nobody hits you up... hit me up, and I will disassemble. AGAIN... mine only has one pot. Not even the extra switch. Rhys really slimed me on that one.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:38 pm

I’m a big fan of bird-sized microphones.
Attachments
6F5C706E-8C14-4F2D-97D0-4A6377912611.jpeg
6F5C706E-8C14-4F2D-97D0-4A6377912611.jpeg (132.95 KiB) Viewed 3360 times
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:41 pm

:lol: :hobbes:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:30 pm

:wha?: :eek:

https://reverb.com/item/28135256-alden- ... ion-guitar

ATTENTION SERIOUS COLLECTORS

1963 ARDEN H45 STRATOTONE
"KENNEDY ASSASSINATION DAY GUITAR"
SERIAL: #11-22-63
COLOR: TUXEDO BLACK
SINGLE PICK UP
Condition: good, small binding separation
Will consider serious offers.

I am an old time collector, blues player, and owned a blues music/steak house. So I will describe this guitar as to what other old collectors would ask me (provenance, etc. )

I bought this guitar in the spring of 1964, with a case (it fell apart years ago). This guitar has a date/control/process number on the bottom of it's single pick up. It is stamped "11-22- 63". The two control pots have dates on them that put their date of manufacture just days before the assassination (see photos showing how to translate their dates and the photos of the pots on this guitar). The pots were made in the 46th week of 1963 (November). Kennedy was killed in the 47th week. The date 11-22-63 was the day that president Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas.

This Arden guitar was made by Harmony, in Chicago. I purchased this guitar new in 1964, and played slide guitar on it for many years. Great sound. It does not have an original case. It will come with a high quality Gretsch hardshell case. The original tuners failed, and have been changed to period style tuners (originals still with the guitar and repairable).

Way back machine: I have been a collector and trader of quality electric guitars since 64', when I traded a cheap Japanese guitar and a fifteen dollar amp for a 1954 Chevrolet Bel Air. In the early seventies (when Goldtops were selling for $250 and Strats for $100) With every paycheck I got I hunted down and bought over one hundred and fifty of the finest, rarest, most sought after Gibson and Fender guitars in the world. I still have three 54' Chevy's . Hey, I am a collector, aren't you? This guitar is the rarest piece I have ever owned (except for Frank Zappa's Baby Snakes SG, it was made for me and I sold it to Zappa). This Arden is a true museum piece.

I have had access to many Harmony style guitars and have never found another pick up with that date stamped on it. It is of dual collector interest. Kennedy memorabilia collectors do not have "things" made on the day he was murdered except for printed newspapers. Guitar collectors who have all the fiddles they could get, do not have anything like this. It was made in the rush of early Rock and Roll music. It was stamped on the day a president was murdered. It makes music. It sounds the same as it did on that heavy day. it is a living icon of that day of history. Music was exploding. The Beatles were getting famous in 1963. Dylan, Beach boys, Elvis. All who were alive were affected by that day.This guitar bleeds history. I displayed it with photos and newspaper headlines under a glass coffee table. Very powerful!
I have been parting with my collection to my private buyers but, I want the folks of Texas or any collector in the U.S. to have a shot at this piece of history. A collector in Japan, and one in Germany have offered real money. It belongs here in the U.S.A.. The Harmony auctions house wanted it (at a higher price than listed) ten years ago. Two Texas blues greats that have passed on had expressed a strong interest and love of this guitar. I was not ready. I would like it to go to a resident and lover of Texas. So, I am giving it a try here on Reverb. Texas buyers are preferred, but all serious collectors are very welcome to contact me about this piece. It should be proudly displayed and cared for by a smart collector who has all of those nice guitars he has chased for years..., sitting around looking good.

I have owned this guitar for 55 years. I am a patient seller. I am a very private collector, most of my sales have been sold through an owner of a famous guitar store in the U.S.. I do not connect names to sales. This sale will be kept confidential. Serious inquiries and offers will be considered. Silly offers will be ignored . I will provide free shipping. I am good at it, never damaged or lost one, been doing it for fifty years.

P.S. For you COLLECTOR folks I have added a rare photo of Zappa's Baby Snakes guitar. Note the extra fret, a silver toggle switch (hand made with a hand holding a marble, Zappa removed it, see shadow), and diseased rosewood.

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:33 pm

oh my
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:37 am

UglyCasanova wrote:Two pots, a toggle, wires. Start poking around. I think Magpie might have instructions on how he did his bend and that bend is pretty crazy and excessive,but honestly, just poke around. A lot of the points will get you there. Somewhere on an old hard drive I've got pics of the IC Water bend, but I'm too lazy to go look for it. I think I sent them to ADD pedals at some point so he might have them still. :lol:

I think ADD told me how and that's how I did mine? Mine is different than yours too probably. LOL!!! It's a killer pedal either way! :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:57 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Confuzzled » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:14 am

UglyCasanova wrote:Two pots, a toggle, wires. Start poking around. I think Magpie might have instructions on how he did his bend and that bend is pretty crazy and excessive,but honestly, just poke around. A lot of the points will get you there. Somewhere on an old hard drive I've got pics of the IC Water bend, but I'm too lazy to go look for it. I think I sent them to ADD pedals at some point so he might have them still. :lol:

I have the magpie bend and the ADD pedal version (data error). Both are excellent with only slight differences. Depending on your global location (for shipping) either would be a cheaper alternative though I would check with both builders first.
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear