· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: 2019 happenings (Superbooth leaks p.68)

Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:59 am

Got my Life Pedal today, number 620. It was blast to sit in front of a Bassman and re-enact my favorite BBWWOOOAAAAHHHHMMMMs for a solid hour on my lunch break.
Outside of that, it’s one of the best Rats out there, and I say that as an owner of two late 80s Rat 2s and a Whiteface reissue. The Green Ringer (Tentacle :idk: )style octave is snazzy, and definitely a “why have I never put these together?!” type moment.
And that boost... just stupid amounts of dB. It’d be neat to know what it is, cuz I could see that being a great standalone pedal. Black Eye or Arrows, maybe?

Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:58 am

Probably a bows set to full spectrum. :snax:

Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:20 pm

Jamie described the boost as a MOSFET boost, so it probably is related to the Black Eye.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:29 pm

ALLisNOISE wrote:Got my Life Pedal today, number 620. It was blast to sit in front of a Bassman and re-enact my favorite BBWWOOOAAAAHHHHMMMMs for a solid hour on my lunch break.
Outside of that, it’s one of the best Rats out there, and I say that as an owner of two late 80s Rat 2s and a Whiteface reissue. The Green Ringer (Tentacle :idk: )style octave is snazzy, and definitely a “why have I never put these together?!” type moment.
And that boost... just stupid amounts of dB. It’d be neat to know what it is, cuz I could see that being a great standalone pedal. Black Eye or Arrows, maybe?

I need to find one of these for my bass board for sure. It sounds absolutely insane from all the demos I’ve seen.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:59 pm

There's already some asshole in Cleveland that has 2 up for sale for $600. :picard:

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:00 pm

jrfox92 wrote:There's already some asshole in Cleveland that has 2 up for sale for $600. :picard:

I saw that.... I was expecting to maybe pay like 350? 600 is fucking insane. Either way apparently they’re making more

Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:03 pm

Why pay only $600 when you can pay $1,666? :whoa: :doom:

https://reverb.com/item/25573109-earthq ... oster-2019

Not even #666, it's #556. :mad: :evil:

Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:13 am

I’ve got quite a little nest egg then.... :excellent:

If I ever stopped playing with them long enough to sell ‘em...
:picard:
My grasp of finances is fundamentally flawed.
Attachments
56D528D4-9365-4A42-B525-0327C4DE85A5.jpeg
Altar
56D528D4-9365-4A42-B525-0327C4DE85A5.jpeg (34 KiB) Viewed 2529 times

Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:14 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Yeah, excellent work! Both you and GhostJaredPieces! :!!!:

Listened to that yesterday. :rock:

thank you chank! Its been a real fun one to work on

Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:33 am

ALLisNOISE wrote:I’ve got quite a little nest egg then.... :excellent:

If I ever stopped playing with them long enough to sell ‘em...
:picard:
My grasp of finances is fundamentally flawed.

Honestly these are both sick pedals that probably sound great together. If you didn’t pay flipper prices I don’t really see the issue. If you did, you have more disposable income or less impulse control than me so hell yeah?

Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:27 am

BoatRich wrote:

Honestly these are both sick pedals that probably sound great together. If you didn’t pay flipper prices I don’t really see the issue. If you did, you have more disposable income or less impulse control than me so hell yeah?[/quote]

I was lucky enough to snag both of these on their initial runs.
I was just giving a sly nod and a wink to the prices that people try to flip these two for.
I personally harbor no ill will to anyone who tries for these prices, or the people that pay them, but I do have to chuckle at the absurdity sometimes.

However, to get back on topic,
Apparently, these and a more “vintage correct” version (and the new Fender Vintera Series) leaked over the weekend, but the listings were quickly pulled.
I’m weirdly excited about these Contemporary ones though... semi hollow, no f-holes...
Slap a Bigsby on that, and I’m in heaven, but those totally-not-EMGs gotta go, though. :snax:

Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:22 pm

Here's the Organelle M:

https://www.critterandguitari.com/organelle

Announcing four new features for the Organelle!

• Built-in Speaker
• Built-in Microphone
• Battery Power
• MIDI Jacks

We’re also happy to announce it has been upgraded with a faster processor, twice as much RAM, and an improved web interface for patch management and Link sessions.

The four new features will cost you an extra C-note. ($595 now)

https://i.imgur.com/yk9U2bc.png

Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:49 pm

That's actually way more appealing to me.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:16 pm

Me, too. Having spent over a fucking hour commuting home tonight, an instrument I could have played in the tunnels on headphones would have been so welcome. I use MIDI DIN and don’t use anything running on USB MIDI. And more power to build instruments and effects? Yes, please.

Hmm.

Zoia-driven upgrade?

Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqyPFpFDIm8
Post a reply