2019 happenings (Summer NAMM p.90)



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: 2019 happenings (Superbooth leaks p.68)

Postby ALLisNOISE » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:59 am

Got my Life Pedal today, number 620. It was blast to sit in front of a Bassman and re-enact my favorite BBWWOOOAAAAHHHHMMMMs for a solid hour on my lunch break.
Image
Outside of that, it’s one of the best Rats out there, and I say that as an owner of two late 80s Rat 2s and a Whiteface reissue. The Green Ringer (Tentacle :idk: )style octave is snazzy, and definitely a “why have I never put these together?!” type moment.
And that boost... just stupid amounts of dB. It’d be neat to know what it is, cuz I could see that being a great standalone pedal. Black Eye or Arrows, maybe?
ALLisNOISE

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Re: 2019 happenings (Superbooth leaks p.68)

Postby Inconuucl » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:58 am

Probably a bows set to full spectrum. :snax:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
Image
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 5997
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:35 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: 2019 happenings (Superbooth leaks p.68)

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:20 pm

Jamie described the boost as a MOSFET boost, so it probably is related to the Black Eye.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:23 am
Location: Akron, Ohio

Re: 2019 happenings (Superbooth leaks p.68)

Postby BoatRich » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:29 pm

ALLisNOISE wrote:Got my Life Pedal today, number 620. It was blast to sit in front of a Bassman and re-enact my favorite BBWWOOOAAAAHHHHMMMMs for a solid hour on my lunch break.
Image
Outside of that, it’s one of the best Rats out there, and I say that as an owner of two late 80s Rat 2s and a Whiteface reissue. The Green Ringer (Tentacle :idk: )style octave is snazzy, and definitely a “why have I never put these together?!” type moment.
And that boost... just stupid amounts of dB. It’d be neat to know what it is, cuz I could see that being a great standalone pedal. Black Eye or Arrows, maybe?

I need to find one of these for my bass board for sure. It sounds absolutely insane from all the demos I’ve seen.
BoatRich

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2317
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:58 pm
Location: Northern VA/DC

Re: 2019 happenings (Superbooth leaks p.68)

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:59 pm

There's already some asshole in Cleveland that has 2 up for sale for $600. :picard:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:23 am
Location: Akron, Ohio

Re: 2019 happenings (Superbooth leaks p.68)

Postby BoatRich » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:00 pm

jrfox92 wrote:There's already some asshole in Cleveland that has 2 up for sale for $600. :picard:

I saw that.... I was expecting to maybe pay like 350? 600 is fucking insane. Either way apparently they’re making more
BoatRich

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2317
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:58 pm
Location: Northern VA/DC

Re: 2019 happenings (Superbooth leaks p.68)

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:03 pm

Why pay only $600 when you can pay $1,666? :whoa: :doom:

https://reverb.com/item/25573109-earthq ... oster-2019

Not even #666, it's #556. :mad: :evil:
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 36492
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am
Location: Ca$hadelphia

Re: 2019 happenings (Superbooth leaks p.68)

Postby ALLisNOISE » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:13 am

I’ve got quite a little nest egg then.... :excellent:



If I ever stopped playing with them long enough to sell ‘em...
:picard:
My grasp of finances is fundamentally flawed.
Attachments
56D528D4-9365-4A42-B525-0327C4DE85A5.jpeg
Altar
56D528D4-9365-4A42-B525-0327C4DE85A5.jpeg (34 KiB) Viewed 714 times
ALLisNOISE

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Re: 2019 happenings (Superbooth leaks p.68)

Postby AZX309 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:14 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Yeah, excellent work! Both you and GhostJaredPieces! :!!!:

Listened to that yesterday. :rock:


thank you chank! Its been a real fun one to work on
https://www.instagram.com/maskaudioelectronics/
D.o.S. wrote:you're not my real dad

Corey Y wrote: Tone is in the dingus.
AZX309

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:59 pm

Re: 2019 happenings (Superbooth leaks p.68)

Postby BoatRich » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:33 am

ALLisNOISE wrote:I’ve got quite a little nest egg then.... :excellent:



If I ever stopped playing with them long enough to sell ‘em...
:picard:
My grasp of finances is fundamentally flawed.

Honestly these are both sick pedals that probably sound great together. If you didn’t pay flipper prices I don’t really see the issue. If you did, you have more disposable income or less impulse control than me so hell yeah?
BoatRich

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2317
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:58 pm
Location: Northern VA/DC

Re: 2019 happenings (Superbooth leaks p.68)

Postby ALLisNOISE » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:27 am

BoatRich wrote:

Honestly these are both sick pedals that probably sound great together. If you didn’t pay flipper prices I don’t really see the issue. If you did, you have more disposable income or less impulse control than me so hell yeah?[/quote]

I was lucky enough to snag both of these on their initial runs.
I was just giving a sly nod and a wink to the prices that people try to flip these two for.
I personally harbor no ill will to anyone who tries for these prices, or the people that pay them, but I do have to chuckle at the absurdity sometimes.

However, to get back on topic,
Image
Apparently, these and a more “vintage correct” version (and the new Fender Vintera Series) leaked over the weekend, but the listings were quickly pulled.
I’m weirdly excited about these Contemporary ones though... semi hollow, no f-holes...
Slap a Bigsby on that, and I’m in heaven, but those totally-not-EMGs gotta go, though. :snax:
ALLisNOISE

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Re: 2019 happenings (Superbooth leaks p.68)

Postby echorec » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:22 pm

Here's the Organelle M:

https://www.critterandguitari.com/organelle

Announcing four new features for the Organelle!

• Built-in Speaker
• Built-in Microphone
• Battery Power
• MIDI Jacks

We’re also happy to announce it has been upgraded with a faster processor, twice as much RAM, and an improved web interface for patch management and Link sessions.


The four new features will cost you an extra C-note. ($595 now)

https://i.imgur.com/yk9U2bc.png

Image
echorec

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3570
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:31 am

Re: 2019 happenings (Superbooth leaks p.68)

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:49 pm

That's actually way more appealing to me.
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11603
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Norway

Re: 2019 happenings (Superbooth leaks p.68)

Postby Gone Fission » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:16 pm

Me, too. Having spent over a fucking hour commuting home tonight, an instrument I could have played in the tunnels on headphones would have been so welcome. I use MIDI DIN and don’t use anything running on USB MIDI. And more power to build instruments and effects? Yes, please.

Hmm.

Zoia-driven upgrade?
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:50 pm
Location: DC/MD

Re: 2019 happenings (Superbooth leaks p.68)

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:58 pm

"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 36492
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am
Location: Ca$hadelphia

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.