2019 happenings (Summer NAMM p.90)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: 2019 happenings (Summer NAMM p.90)

Postby Inconuucl » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:25 pm

Gone Fission wrote:t.c.’s MIDI in the Toneprint/Ditto stuff has always disappointed to the extent that it has even had it. The Mash switches are interesting, and okay, some specialized algorithms that catch up to the competition of eight years ago. But that’s kind of like putting a spoiler and rims on a Geo Prizm. As the Knobs demo of the Flashback Triple suggests, there are probably good, music inspiring sounds that can be gotten out of this. But not giving me any tingle.

I doubt I'll ever trust TC Electronic switches, they are flakier than my high school ex.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:19 pm

Inconuucl wrote:
Gone Fission wrote:t.c.’s MIDI in the Toneprint/Ditto stuff has always disappointed to the extent that it has even had it. The Mash switches are interesting, and okay, some specialized algorithms that catch up to the competition of eight years ago. But that’s kind of like putting a spoiler and rims on a Geo Prizm. As the Knobs demo of the Flashback Triple suggests, there are probably good, music inspiring sounds that can be gotten out of this. But not giving me any tingle.

I doubt I'll ever trust TC Electronic switches, they are flakier than my high school ex.

My Polytune Noir takes about 9 stomps to turn on and off again. It's great!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby friendship » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:30 am

I hear scandal galleries are going to be pretty big this summer
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:21 am

https://nativeaudio.us/subscriberlist/wilderness

The Wilderness is an analog-voiced delay with up to 1000 milliseconds of delay time. The Wilderness offers feedback, mix, and modulation controls that are global to its two modes: tap and ramp. Tap mode offers tap tempo functionality with four available subdivisions. Ramp mode allows the user to set a slow and fast delay time, and accelerate between the two, creating a pitch-shifting effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCtvgmEAeok
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:34 am

I couldn't get into the Triple Flashback and returned it immediately. It sounded so lo-fi and murky, even without using all 3 delays. The algos in the Alter Ego X4 were so much better.

The AE X4 did have two huge flaws---no modulation depth/rate control and there was no way to recall presets. I could never understand why TCE never combined the Triple with the AE X4, while also adding proper MIDI memory and a modulation pot. That could've competed against basically any stompbox delay.

Just like the Flashback series being a step behind, I imagine in a few more years Uli the Brain will hear about granular delay and make a half-assed effort, while failing to bring anything worthwhile to the table.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:45 am

The new version of the Outward will finally be available this coming Tuesday, August 6th at 10:00 am, CST (check your time zone against Minneapolis time).

There will also be a pre-order for the next run of Outwards. So, if the direct order is sold out, please check my store page for the pre-order option. I hope this allows people who missed out and really want the pedal an option to access one, albeit with a longer wait time (3-5 month estimate).

Cost : $285

manual: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/88a462_8 ... 0c501a.pdf

order: https://www.cooperfx.com/buy?utm_campai ... _source=so
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby counttherings » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:15 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0rkakPAmul/

drolofx
This is going to be real good!
reposted from @bettysfx Here's a video tease of the new Drolo Stamme[tt], available exclusively to us for use in our builds. Inspired by the Stamme[n] this circuit has 8 carefully tweaked effects optimized for adventurous effect manipulation with your strumming hand while playing - spindown/speedup reverbs, forward/reverse interval based delays, trigger-less looping, extreme sample mangling, lo-fi chorus and pitch vibrato, and more. As we approach the launch of pre-built Betty's guitars with this circuit inside we'll be posting more in-depth videos of all the patches in use. Get ready to crumble!
counttherings

involved
involved

Postby whoismarykelly » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:53 pm

counttherings wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/B0rkakPAmul/

drolofx
This is going to be real good!
reposted from @bettysfx Here's a video tease of the new Drolo Stamme[tt], available exclusively to us for use in our builds. Inspired by the Stamme[n] this circuit has 8 carefully tweaked effects optimized for adventurous effect manipulation with your strumming hand while playing - spindown/speedup reverbs, forward/reverse interval based delays, trigger-less looping, extreme sample mangling, lo-fi chorus and pitch vibrato, and more. As we approach the launch of pre-built Betty's guitars with this circuit inside we'll be posting more in-depth videos of all the patches in use. Get ready to crumble!

That clip is cool but trapping a $400 pedal in a single guitar seems counterintuitive to me.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:42 am

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby MrNovember » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:07 am

I think I'd stop seeing it as a pedal once it's in a guitar. It's just part of the instrument at that point. Seems pretty cool to me. Should add one of those sustainer pickups to it too
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby echorec » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:51 pm

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:01 pm

I do believe I sense a pattern here.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:36 pm

echorec wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/B0vKRJ4H-NN/

D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:13 am

Yes.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear