2019 happenings (Summer NAMM p.90)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: 2019 happenings (Summer NAMM p.90)

Postby shikawkee » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:09 pm

Dandolin wrote:Image
Apparently not fully real yet. Speak it into being, fellow randos :drool:

Matthew told me today on the floor about the amount of effort that went into making the Neo-Matic. Pretty impressive but as of now he says no mass production.
But we can always hope.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chromandre » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:04 pm

Dandolin wrote:Image
Apparently not fully real yet. Speak it into being, fellow randos :drool:

cool! I assume thats an updated reissue of the rand-o-matic , is the marshmallow a reference to something?
chromandre

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:23 pm

Just fluffy breakfast floaters afaik :lol: There's some info on it a coupla pages back, and a thread, I think. That one is available and kind've a delux'd PS2/PS3 from what I can tell :snax:

The Randomatic clone needs some grass-rooting to become an available thing. Send bunny eyes to the man Matthew :joy:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fever606 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:59 pm

OBNE have a couple of prototypes... Signal Blender looks like their take on the EHX Tri Parallel Mixer, and Maw appears to be some sort of vocal multi-fx...
fever606

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby chromandre » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:04 pm

ha! ok I think I get it, pitch shifters and marshmallows are both enjoyably artificial processed treats.
chromandre

committed
committed

Postby popvulture » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:46 pm

Dude what? You can't just make a fucking Rand-o-Matic and be like "nah, not gonna put em into production." Felt myself get excited then just flat out angry, which is maybe dumb, but what the actual fuck?
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:28 am

popvulture wrote:Dude what? You can't just make a fucking Rand-o-Matic and be like "nah, not gonna put em into production." Felt myself get excited then just flat out angry, which is maybe dumb, but what the actual fuck?

Same.
It makes absolutely zero sense for a pedal company to tease a pedal a lot of people would love to get their hands on only to pull some "it's just for meeeeee" bullshit while talking about how much work it took.
And, from what I've gathered, it's not like it required some new hardware or anything, so it's either just some bullshit to drum up hype, it's some uber-bullshit where they actually made an even more unobtanium pedal than the original.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:33 am

It could be the graphic design or name. They maybe don't want to press the issue with the original person and possibly get a letter. Maybe they are working something out on that end? Could just be a graphic redesign or thrown in with something else later too.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dowi » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:10 am

jrfox92 wrote:
popvulture wrote:Dude what? You can't just make a fucking Rand-o-Matic and be like "nah, not gonna put em into production." Felt myself get excited then just flat out angry, which is maybe dumb, but what the actual fuck?

Same.
It makes absolutely zero sense for a pedal company to tease a pedal a lot of people would love to get their hands on only to pull some "it's just for meeeeee" bullshit while talking about how much work it took.
And, from what I've gathered, it's not like it required some new hardware or anything, so it's either just some bullshit to drum up hype, it's some uber-bullshit where they actually made an even more unobtanium pedal than the original.

Ooor maybe it's a smart way to tease veryone and see how many people are hyped about this to decide whether to put it into production or not. :idea:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Inconuucl » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:20 am

The Fender Reflecting Pool is a total sleeper pedal, sounds fantastic. :snax:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby manymanyhaha » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:17 am

I know, such a tease! Especially for those of us who have been gasing for one for like a decade or more.
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:09 am

dat Squier Mustang bass! and a Fender 12-string for $1000 MAP!!
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby popvulture » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:16 am

Dowi wrote:
jrfox92 wrote:

Same.

Ooor maybe it's a smart way to tease veryone and see how many people are hyped about this to decide whether to put it into production or not. :idea:

Sure, but he could just ask "hey, who'd be into this" on an Instagram post or something and it'd just explode.

Plus if he's wondering that, fucking duh, read any board over the past 10 years and you know people would be interested. It's like saying "hey I made a copy of that Mutronics Mutator thing... think anybody out there would actually be interested? I dunno..."
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:27 am

It's a work-alike, not a clone. Fv-1?
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:17 am

Here's the fuzz the used on the moon?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxH4KNBHrRk

:idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear