2019 happenings (Summer NAMM p.90)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: 2019 happenings (Summer NAMM p.90)

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:39 pm

:thumb:

echorec wrote: Was the MKI available as a DIY project, or just an assembled unit?

Not sure, probably both. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby echorec » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:22 pm

DOSS BS-1 wrote:The site is working, there was a typo in your URL. Starting price is 42€.

Here ya go: https://www.parasitstudio.se/

Link to purchase DIY: https://www.musikding.de/Quantum-Defrakulator-MK2-kit

Ahhh. Thanks. :thumb: Copied and pasted without noticing their error.

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:48 am

echorec be sleepin':

"Featuring the unique digital Octave Jawn and a wickedly hot-rodded Model feT V2 variant, this pedal is the unholy union of cheesesteak and lobster rolls."
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby echorec » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:03 am

Chankgeez wrote:echorec be sleepin'

That guy works so hard. I'm sure any rest he gets is well-deserved.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:37 pm

Chankgeez wrote:echorec be sleepin':

"Featuring the unique digital Octave Jawn and a wickedly hot-rodded Model feT V2 variant, this pedal is the unholy union of cheesesteak and lobster rolls."

This seems like a cool concept but art direction leaves a lot to be desired.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:51 pm

echorec wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:echorec be sleepin'

That guy works so hard. I'm sure any rest he gets is well-deserved.

What guy? :idk:

odontophobia wrote:This seems like a cool concept but art direction leaves a lot to be desired.

What art direction?

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:03 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 01010111 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:54 am

Is anyone else excited for the Behringer clone of the MS-20?

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cantremember » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:42 am

01010111 wrote:Is anyone else excited for the Behringer clone of the MS-20?

:hello: I am! I can't wait till they have some actual demos available so I can be stoked on more than just the looks.
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby Dandolin » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:17 pm

"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:33 pm

cantremember wrote:
01010111 wrote:Is anyone else excited for the Behringer clone of the MS-20?

:hello: I am! I can't wait till they have some actual demos available so I can be stoked on more than just the looks.

I would be but I am inundated in the MS-20 filter. I have monotrons, volcas, an MS-20 mini (Korg), and two filter pedals based on the MS-20 filter (all of these were acquired for significantly discounted prices... I am not rich). The ARP that Behringer put out looks fantastic. Matthew Tyes (criminally underrated YouTube channel... people who post here would love his stuff... he did a bunch of axoloti things) has one and seems quite taken by it.

EDIT: Actually, if I had to guess, right off the bat Behringer is going to not use Korg's CV system, and just make it Euro compatible right off the bat. I also bet they add a patch point for pulse width modulation. Basically, any mod for the MS-20 mini you read about, the Behringer will have right out of the box. This is all speculation of course. I didn't read about the full feature set for their ARP but I know the MS-101 (SH-101 clone) has an onboard sequencer (which the OG 101 had). I would anticipate Behringer adding an onboard sequencer just because. We'll see. My post is here :lol:
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:40 pm

$harkToootth wrote: Tyes

*Tyas

in case anyone's lookin': https://www.youtube.com/user/mtyas :thumb:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:44 pm

OMG, I suck. Thanks Chank :hug: . I've been writing "Tayes" for a year now and only realized this morning it was Tyas. Keeping this somewhat on track... he put up a 6 part series of jamming... mainly with the Behringer. Totally meta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q448-48kHBM
Last edited by $harkToootth on Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:52 pm

:hug: I think if people'd looked, they would've found him anyway based on your description. Just thought I'd make it a little easier. :thumb:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 01010111 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:22 am

$harkToootth wrote:
cantremember wrote:
<a href="tel:01010111">01010111</a> wrote:Is anyone else excited for the Behringer clone of the MS-20?

I would be but I am inundated in the MS-20 filter. I have monotrons, volcas, an MS-20 mini (Korg), and two filter pedals based on the MS-20 filter (all of these were acquired for significantly discounted prices... I am not rich). The ARP that Behringer put out looks fantastic. Matthew Tyes (criminally underrated YouTube channel... people who post here would love his stuff... he did a bunch of axoloti things) has one and seems quite taken by it.

EDIT: Actually, if I had to guess, right off the bat Behringer is going to not use Korg's CV system, and just make it Euro compatible right off the bat. I also bet they add a patch point for pulse width modulation. Basically, any mod for the MS-20 mini you read about, the Behringer will have right out of the box. This is all speculation of course. I didn't read about the full feature set for their ARP but I know the MS-101 (SH-101 clone) has an onboard sequencer (which the OG 101 had). I would anticipate Behringer adding an onboard sequencer just because. We'll see. My post is here :lol:

I actually hope they did keep Korg’s voltage. That’s the same voltage that LZX’s video synth stuff runs, so, it’ll be easier to integrate with those systems if they did that. I doubt they’ll have any kind of sequencer on it, essentially for the same reason the Model-D (added expense for a synth that can’t be played on its own and is designed to be played via something else).

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear