Pitchfactor

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Pitchfactor

Postby Faldoe » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:28 am

tremolo3 wrote:Pitchfactor and H9 algorithms are the same, and honestly can't think of any reason why anyone would waste resources in modify them in any way, unless they both run on different hardware.

What it is different from those pedals and might change overall sound is the input and output levels, H9 has a different way to set those, whereas in the PF you flip a switch.

And also there is a "Source" parameter, you might want to double check that value.

There are audible differences in how the PF and H9 handle the algos. I heard it initially and then poked around and read about other people noticing the difference as well. To me the H9 made the patches sound more brittle. I also prefer having all the parameter knobs in front of me with the PF versus having to use the H9 software to tweak patches.
Faldoe

Postby Bearstripes » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:56 am

H9 also looks stupid. But really guys, gimme so presets
Bearstripes

experienced
experienced

Postby Gone Fission » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:04 pm

H9 has different stuff from the Factors to account for the headroom difference (more in Factors, less in H9). I forget the specs, but what is it, +9 or +12 vs +6? Dunno if analog, converters, or both. For some of the SNES holocaust stuff ILFers run, I would definitely believe it matters.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:45 am

odontophobia wrote:
fcknoise wrote:
Invisible Man wrote:It is, humbly, the greatest pedal ever made.

It can do some of everything, and most of it better than the rest. This week I decided I would sell it and buy simpler pedals to play guitar more traditionally (verb, delay, whammy, tuner). Then I realized I could do all of those things better with the PF. And is still be missing 90% of what I could do before.

H9 is inferior. Everything is inferior.

The earlier comment about it being ahead of its time is the only explanation I have...Eventide is sorta unsexy compared to the ILF microbuilders, too, but damn if this thing hasn’t kicked everything else off my board except dirt and a home brew Clouds pedal.

As someone out of the pedal game, this sounds interesting. Whats this?

Axoloti.

Allows you to patch up your own shit. There's a thread about it some place. :D

Oooh of course. I think i paid to little attention to the "home brewed" part of it haha
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gkuesmtpo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:32 pm

It can do some of everything, and most of it better than the rest. This week I decided I would sell it and buy simpler pedals to play guitar more traditionally (verb, delay, whammy, tuner). Then I realized I could do all of those things better with the PF. And is still be missing 90% of what I could do before.

The earlier comment about it being ahead of its time is the only explanation I have...Eventide is sorta unsexy compared to the ILF microbuilders, too, but damn if this thing hasn’t kicked everything else off my board except dirt and a home brew Clouds pedal.

H9 is inferior. I sold my Pitchfactor to put towards an H9 so I could have some of that Blackhole verb too, but I gotta say, I just barely use the H9. I'm not much of a preset person and I'm just not going to take out my phone to mess with the H9 whenever I want to use it. Technically, you can access everything through the H9 pedal, but it's just way to much menu diving for me. Will likely have to go back to the Pitchfactor and maybe find a smaller pedal that can get me a similar verb sound if anyone has recommendations.
gkuesmtpo

interested
interested

Postby Faldoe » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:00 pm

gkuesmtpo wrote:

H9 is inferior. I sold my Pitchfactor to put towards an H9 so I could have some of that Blackhole verb too, but I gotta say, I just barely use the H9. I'm not much of a preset person and I'm just not going to take out my phone to mess with the H9 whenever I want to use it. Technically, you can access everything through the H9 pedal, but it's just way to much menu diving for me. Will likely have to go back to the Pitchfactor and maybe find a smaller pedal that can get me a similar verb sound if anyone has recommendations.

Yep.
Faldoe

Postby BoatRich » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:17 pm

Faldoe wrote:
gkuesmtpo wrote:

Yep.

I had the exact same issue where I sold my Space for an H9 because I missed my Pitchfactor and I definitely should’ve kept the Space. It’s infinitely more useable in pretty much any setting than he H9 and I just used the same presets.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gkuesmtpo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:26 pm

BoatRich wrote:
Faldoe wrote:
gkuesmtpo wrote:

Yep.

I had the exact same issue where I sold my Space for an H9 because I missed my Pitchfactor and I definitely should’ve kept the Space. It’s infinitely more useable in pretty much any setting than he H9 and I just used the same presets.

Yeah, I just want an H9 that has all the knobs on it instead of the big wheel. I know there's a company, I think it's called EvenMidi or something, that makes a midi controller to attach to your H9 so you have all the same control as a factor pedal – but then you're talking about a whole lot of board real estate and $$$.
gkuesmtpo

interested
interested

Postby Dapper Bandit » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:28 am

Can't really say anything that Invisibleman hasn't already said.
Except that an expression pedal with this is fun in a bun! Get those major second bends on the go and pretend you brought a lapsteel to a metal show! This pedal has not been beaten and it's 10 years old, how amazing is that?

Never boarded the H9 train as I prefer my boxes knobby, Eventide has dropped the ball on exclusive algorithms so I still feel justified all these years later.
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby JamesSGBrown » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:52 pm

My next purchase. Been looking for something new and fun and honestly every demo I see of most pitch-based pedals sound the same. Like a Boss PS-3 with reverb. Really wanted one of these for a whole, just waiting for one to come up at a decent UK price.
JamesSGBrown

committed
committed

Postby Faldoe » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:13 pm

Got a local deal on a PF and now the task starts of recreating presets.

Such a great pedal. Another cool feature is on the PitchFlex algo you can have/shift two different pitches at once.
Faldoe

Postby qersty » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:44 am

JamesSGBrown wrote:My next purchase. Been looking for something new and fun and honestly every demo I see of most pitch-based pedals sound the same. Like a Boss PS-3 with reverb. Really wanted one of these for a whole, just waiting for one to come up at a decent UK price.

The pitchfactor really is the ps20 boss never gave us
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JamesSGBrown » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:20 pm

Just got a mad deal via Reverb from a Polish seller. Hopefully it arrives in the UK safely!
JamesSGBrown

committed
committed

Postby JonnyAngle » Tue May 14, 2019 12:32 am

Help me pfactor.

Not feeling the love vis-a-vis h9
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coupleonapkins » Tue May 14, 2019 1:12 am

I feel a bit burned that these (or any still in production Eventide unit) never really dropped in price, despite what few build flaws they sometimes are prone to (mostly with Timefactors, it seems), but that's capitalissmdumb!

Still want the heck out of one, however, and will probably sell all of my semi-functional PS-3s to get there (the first cut is the deepest) :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCxRwiZeh1o
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear