Is downsizing a trend?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Is downsizing a trend?

Postby Jwar » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:32 pm

I miss my big board. :(
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby frodog » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:53 pm

I just want to keep my board exactly the same size and configuration while still swapping out pedals here and there.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:36 pm

^without having to rewire anything for power needs or find a patch cable that bends with low resistance/tension
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:27 am

i have to admit that one reason my board has remained more or less fixed for the last 2 years or so is that everything's Tetris-ed in there so perfectly that i'd never get anything else useful to fit. i've taken to running additional fuzzes and other stuff before the board so i can get the additional functions and will eventually end up with a second auxiliary pre-board.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Jero » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:38 am

dubkitty wrote:i have to admit that one reason my board has remained more or less fixed for the last 2 years or so is that everything's Tetris-ed in there so perfectly that i'd never get anything else useful to fit. i've taken to running additional fuzzes and other stuff before the board so i can get the additional functions and will eventually end up with a second auxiliary pre-board.

That's usually were I end up as well...Now if someone would convince me to focus my playing to one specific genre/project, that could likely be alleviated.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Cody_Pole » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:41 am

Jero wrote:
dubkitty wrote:i have to admit that one reason my board has remained more or less fixed for the last 2 years or so is that everything's Tetris-ed in there so perfectly that i'd never get anything else useful to fit. i've taken to running additional fuzzes and other stuff before the board so i can get the additional functions and will eventually end up with a second auxiliary pre-board.

That's usually were I end up as well...Now if someone would convince me to focus my playing to one specific genre/project, that could likely be alleviated.

This.
Deflating Expectations.

Good Dudes: blooghost,bob the robot,Jero,dorfmeister,modernage,oneloudrash,noisemaker effects,vidarr,rosscanyonsofstatic,inertia,communarchy,kosta,culturejam,zzz,actionindex, dorfmeister,pumpkin pieces,monkeyboy,nieh,sweetbabyphil,D.O.S and corrinica !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cody_Pole

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby rfurtkamp » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:11 am

Downsizing is how you end up in a P&W band.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 01010111 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:41 am

Cody_Pole wrote:
Jero wrote:

This.

I went down this route once. It was a logistical nightmare keeping everything working whenever I took it anywhere. I kinda grew to hate how restricted I was by the layout and sizes of specific pedals.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:43 pm

01010111 wrote:
Cody_Pole wrote:
Jero wrote:

This.

I went down this route once. It was a logistical nightmare keeping everything working whenever I took it anywhere. I kinda grew to hate how restricted I was by the layout and sizes of specific pedals.

Same as 01010111. I love the idea but it's tricky. I have a main board that I'm super happy with, and then three additional pedals that I like to fit in. Haven't changed a thing in on the main board in a shockingly long time for me (I think that's about two months :lol:) but I can't get around wanting to squeeze in these extra couple pedals. Problem is that none of them go in the front. I think I'll eventually end up going up in size a little bit. The only downside is that right now I'm on a pedaltrain junior, and just form an aesthetic view I think this is the perfect board. I think I'll end up with a pedaltrain 2 just to have all the stuff on there. This'll likely mean needing another powersupply... and it's all getting so much more complicated just to fit in a couple more dirt boxes and yet another delay :facepalm:
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:44 pm

rfurtkamp wrote:Downsizing is how you end up in a P&W band.

Whoa whoa whoa over the line man.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby rfurtkamp » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:51 pm

nogodsnobedtimes wrote:

It's true.

You end up with a Fender offset, a small amp, and a couple Strymons, and Jesus blesses you.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby theavondon » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:11 pm

I went from regularly lugging out 7-13 pedals in about 2012ish, to limiting myself to one or two, no board, just whatever I can easily carry in a gig bag. Got better at figuring out what I wanted. Now I allow myself a board, but it's got about five pedals on it (including a tuner), and two are big muffs, and I really only use one of those big muffs anyway.

Downsizing is sick.
theavondon

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Psyre » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:03 pm

rfurtkamp wrote:
nogodsnobedtimes wrote:

It's true.

You end up with a Fender offset, a small amp, and a couple Strymons, and Jesus blesses you.

Yet down here in south Central US it ends up being Fender offset, big amp and semi-vintage eventides. Then microtonal quasi-cults help the pagans bless themselves :hobbes:
Psyre

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby 01010111 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:05 pm

rfurtkamp wrote:
nogodsnobedtimes wrote:

It's true.

Attachments
FF2DA9D7-0C7F-4790-B81D-C8AFCC9EC732.jpeg
FF2DA9D7-0C7F-4790-B81D-C8AFCC9EC732.jpeg (68.63 KiB) Viewed 1322 times

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:16 pm

everything i instinctively wanted to type in response to the Holy Telecaster would have come out as a double entendre: "Jesus H. Christ!", "holy shit," etc.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear