I made a gear trading site

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: I made a gear trading site

Postby PeteeBee » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:48 pm

I'm stoked. I generally like trading more than selling and going through a site gives some sense of legitimacy. I did a trade on the dadboymusictrading page a couple months ago and it went smooth but still seemed weird, just messaging a complete stranger and shipping them something worth hundreds of dollars haha.

There is definitely something to be said for the wider reach. As I posted elsewhere on here, I'm looking for something like a flashback or dd7, both of which should be easy to find but are a little hard to find on ILF.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gkuesmtpo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:22 pm

Awesome. Glad to hear you're into it. And yeah, hopefully with a new feedback system we can help build a much better sense of legitimacy and trust in the community. I think being able to see who you're trading with's social media is valuable too though. I mean, it's nice to see that they have a history of gear in their posts, which is why we let everyone add a link to their profile, but I do agree that that still doesn't make them a trustworthy trader. Anyway, hopefully we can help mitigate some of these issues as well as bring the trading concept to a wider audience. Hope you give the site a try!
gkuesmtpo

interested
interested

Postby gkuesmtpo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:17 pm

Thanks everyone for your feedback, we just released some cool changes based on what we heard from you! Some big things we added are a "feedback/rating" system as well as the option to add a dollar value to your listing. Anyway, I know some of you were recommending these features and I think you guys were definitely right and it will definitely make the overall experience much better! We still have more work to do though, so let us know what you think so we can keep making this thing as useful to everyone as possible! Thanks again.
gkuesmtpo

interested
interested

Postby peaches » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:41 am

Wait so will this site "match" me to people who want what I have and have what I want? Because that would be sick. A gear-trading matchmaker would be sick.

As well as all the main trading site features :lol:
peaches

committed
committed

Postby gkuesmtpo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:07 pm

peaches wrote:Wait so will this site "match" me to people who want what I have and have what I want? Because that would be sick. A gear-trading matchmaker would be sick.

As well as all the main trading site features :lol:

That's the idea! We aren't quite there yet, since this is just the first version, but yeah, we want to be able to just automatically match people up. So you could just receive an email that says, "Hey, someone just uploaded a Fuzz Factory and they're looking to trade for your SS/BS Mini" or something like that. I think there's all sort of really cool things we can do in this space too, since we're building it from the ground up to suit the needs of trading. There are a few more things we still need to get done before we can address the "higher level" features like that, but all the development is pretty community driven and based on feedback. I usually just put a poll up on our instagram to ask people what they want us to do next. Right now, we have a lot of people asking for an app or for better searching/filtering. So I'll probably poll today or tomorrow to figure out where we should focus our efforts!
gkuesmtpo

interested
interested

Postby PeteeBee » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:59 pm

Not sure if other people are on thesoundlot now or not, but I just wanted to vouch for it. I made an account yesterday and am packing up something to ship out monday. Everything went super smooth and I love being able to sign in with my google account as far as notifications, setting up an account, and making everything easy. I haven't posted anything up yet so I can't speak to lowball or annoying offers, but as a place to casually browse it's great. :thumb:
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gkuesmtpo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:01 pm

PeteeBee wrote:Not sure if other people are on thesoundlot now or not, but I just wanted to vouch for it. I made an account yesterday and am packing up something to ship out monday. Everything went super smooth and I love being able to sign in with my google account as far as notifications, setting up an account, and making everything easy. I haven't posted anything up yet so I can't speak to lowball or annoying offers, but as a place to casually browse it's great. :thumb:

Awesome! So glad people are getting use out of this thing. It's been really exciting to watch grow over the last month or so. Hopefully it keeps up like this so that it's easy for everyone to find trades. If you have any ideas or feedback too, let me know and thanks for giving it a try. Glad it worked out!
gkuesmtpo

interested
interested

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:29 am

I have a lot of "shelfers" right now. It would be nice to be able to search for "wanted" if that makes sense.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gkuesmtpo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:54 pm

JonnyAngle wrote:I have a lot of "shelfers" right now. It would be nice to be able to search for "wanted" if that makes sense.

Yeah, that makes sense. We want to eventually add searching by what people have as well as by what people are looking for. That way you can just see a big list of everything that people have who would be likely to trade with you. We would also probably just send an email or something if 2 people's have's and wants match up. We'll get there! We just did a poll on instagram though asking for new features and an app pretty much won by a landslide, so we'll probably work on that before we do any searching or matching. I think it will be ok to wait on that for now though, since it will be MUCH more useful when there are more people using the site. For now, I would just upload those "shelfers" and add the list of what you're looking for to your profile and wait for people to make offers. Should work pretty well for now!
gkuesmtpo

interested
interested

Postby Benn Roe » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:45 pm

I definitely like where this is headed, but I worry that if you get any sort of real numbers of users before you get search functionality you might end up with a minor implosion of sorts. The site will be more or less impossible to use without a search function once you have as few as maybe four or five times your current listings. Just a little feedback! I used to trade Magic cards on a site with a similar have-to-want matching feature, and it was awesome, so I can't wait to see it implemented here. Best of luck!
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby PeteeBee » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:28 pm

Pedal showed up today! I'm away for school until tomorrow night so I won't get to try it out, but I love how smooth and easy this whole thing was. That and getting what I think is a really sweet deal helps. :yay:
Suffering suits you.

PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gkuesmtpo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:26 am

bennroe wrote:I definitely like where this is headed, but I worry that if you get any sort of real numbers of users before you get search functionality you might end up with a minor implosion of sorts. The site will be more or less impossible to use without a search function once you have as few as maybe four or five times your current listings. Just a little feedback! I used to trade Magic cards on a site with a similar have-to-want matching feature, and it was awesome, so I can't wait to see it implemented here. Best of luck!

Ah I missed these most recent comments, sorry for the delay. Yeah, I think we're getting there sooner than I'd thought :\. I'll likely add a quick and dirty good-enough-for-now filter/search pretty soon. It's already getting a little hard to find something that I might want to look up from a week ago or something like that. Maybe just a filter by pedal effect type, or guitar, synth, amp, other for now at least. But what was the Magic site? I haven't seen other people doing the matching thing and would definitely like to get some ideas from a site that's already doing it. Especially if theyre doing it well. Anyway, if the site still exists, let me know. I'd love to check it out. Thanks!
gkuesmtpo

interested
interested

Postby gkuesmtpo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:33 am

PeteeBee wrote:Pedal showed up today! I'm away for school until tomorrow night so I won't get to try it out, but I love how smooth and easy this whole thing was. That and getting what I think is a really sweet deal helps. :yay:

Awesome. Glad everything worked out smoothly! Pretty curious what this sweet deal is too :cool:. Anyway, hope you guys leave each other feedback! I still need to add an email that gets sent when one person leaves the other feedback. Will be a good reminder so that both parties remember to do so.
gkuesmtpo

interested
interested

Postby PeteeBee » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:15 am

I traded a mr black deluxe plus for an eqd afterneath. I think it’s a pretty comparable trade as far as “reverb pedals with a very specific sound” but I think he eqd is likely worth more on the used market. Either way I’m stoked to spend time down in the sonic caves with it.
Suffering suits you.

PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:24 am

Would it be ok to put dick pics up for trade? Asking for a friend.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear