Bought a new amp today and you're all going to hate it.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Bought a new amp today and you're all going to hate it.

Postby xrleroyx » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:42 am

I just took it apart (and took gut shots, what to do what to do) and the guy actually put "Please! No gut shots! Don't make me be a dick and start gooping amps" right over where it says on the pcb "designed by soldano" so that's a whole thing.

Nice amp tho. There's a 3 way switch for "Hyre Mode" that I have no idea what it does. No clue what specs its built to either.

Yeah, that mark iv is awesome, I run it in stereo with a jtm-45alike combo. Sounds YUGE. Running it through a homemade 1x15/1x12 cabinet I got fo free from music go round.
Olin wrote:
$harkToootth wrote:This Corgan guy sounds like a real soy boy to me...

Someone please send this to Billy every day until all his pent-up rage erupts, his head turns to actual chrome and he engages his final form: Ultimo-Corgon, where he finally starts to hate fuck every skyscraper in Japan demanding an explanation, weeping tears of mercury down on the innocent bystanders below while proclaiming to be the greatest musician of all time, including the future.
xrleroyx

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oscillofuzz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:02 am

xrleroyx wrote:the guy actually put "Please! No gut shots! Don't make me be a dick and start gooping amps" right over where it says on the pcb "designed by soldano"

is this for real?
The Howl Ensemble - Bandcamp - Facebook - Instagram - Soundcloud -
oscillofuzz

committed
committed

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:54 am

It all would have been ok if he would have stated “it satartednoutnas a stock X amp...”
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:38 am

JonnyAngle wrote:It all would have been ok if he would have stated “it satartednoutnas a stock X amp...”

I feel like at one point he specifically stated they were recycled from Jet City and Pico Valves and all that stuff, but maybe it's just knowing that's what they are. He has always stated they are "recycled amps", as vague as that is.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:43 am

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby xrleroyx » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:43 pm

oscillofuzz wrote:
xrleroyx wrote:the guy actually put "Please! No gut shots! Don't make me be a dick and start gooping amps" right over where it says on the pcb "designed by soldano"

is this for real?

Yes
Olin wrote:
$harkToootth wrote:This Corgan guy sounds like a real soy boy to me...

Someone please send this to Billy every day until all his pent-up rage erupts, his head turns to actual chrome and he engages his final form: Ultimo-Corgon, where he finally starts to hate fuck every skyscraper in Japan demanding an explanation, weeping tears of mercury down on the innocent bystanders below while proclaiming to be the greatest musician of all time, including the future.
xrleroyx

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby WORMDIRT » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Also using buzz words that have no real reference to the circuit is pretty shitty. "Oh this jet city rebuild has Model T inspired circuits." Kinda an alpha drive situation
Gardens
Daniel Plainview
Sick Sweat

AxAxSxS wrote:Open House Upper Decker Blumpkin would be the ultimate life achievement.
WORMDIRT

committed
committed

Postby gnomethrone » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:50 pm

xrleroyx wrote:Image

Thats a nice looking amp dude. Buying it used makes all the negative points about the "builder" irrelevant. Now post them guuuuuuttttttzzzzzzz.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:00 pm

Yeah for real. Who rips off amps and doesn't want gut shots ? Let's have them! Haha.

Like I said, I always thought they sounded good
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear