collector//emitter

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: collector//emitter

Postby ts50b » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:44 pm

Traded a few things for this Patchbay DS-1 from Simon the Magpie a couple months ago and initially streamed a dmo, but he asked me to put something together for his channel and I couldn't pass that up. Used my new OP-1 in this a lot too, because this might be my favorite distortion to run drums through
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:00 pm

Just put up a demo of this Butterfly chorus from Ellman Tone in Canada. It's basically a CE-2 clone with a clean blend, but the LFO will go up into audio rates, which can be very cool
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:42 pm

John from EAE took a few minutes after Fear the Riff yesterday to show me his two new prototypes. The Hypersleep analog reverb/modulation, and the unnamed preamp (based on/expanded from the Sending preamp)
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby cherler » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:29 am

What did you think of the hypesleep? I got to try an earlier prototype about a year ago and absolutely loved it.
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:01 am

ts50b wrote:

John from EAE took a few minutes after Fear the Riff yesterday to show me his two new prototypes. The Hypersleep analog reverb/modulation, and the unnamed preamp (based on/expanded from the Sending preamp)

Nice! :!!!: Did you get any footage of any of the Champion Leccy stuff? :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby ts50b » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:51 pm

cherler wrote:What did you think of the hypesleep? I got to try an earlier prototype about a year ago and absolutely loved it.

I played an earlier prototype at Fear the Riff last year and was very confused, but this time I spent a little more time with it and figured it out more. It's definitely a weird sound, and nothing responds exactly how I would think, but I like it a lot. John said he just needs to tweak the feedback (which self oscillates at noon right now...) and it will be ready

Chankgeez wrote:Nice! :!!!: Did you get any footage of any of the Champion Leccy stuff? :snax:

Not at this, but I did a few weeks ago at an event with all the local Philly builders! I also bought a Divvy from him, so I will demo that really soon

(this video is in alphabetical order, so Champion Leccy is first)
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:25 pm

Oh, that's right I forgot it's all still the same pedals. :facepalm: That was only a few weeks ago. :thumb:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby cherler » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:38 pm

ts50b wrote:
cherler wrote:What did you think of the hypesleep? I got to try an earlier prototype about a year ago and absolutely loved it.

I played an earlier prototype at Fear the Riff last year and was very confused, but this time I spent a little more time with it and figured it out more. It's definitely a weird sound, and nothing responds exactly how I would think, but I like it a lot. John said he just needs to tweak the feedback (which self oscillates at noon right now...) and it will be ready

We must have played the same prototype last year. Definitely doing to be keeping an eye out for when this gets released.
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby ts50b » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:34 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Oh, that's right I forgot it's all still the same pedals. :facepalm: That was only a few weeks ago. :thumb:

The only extra thing they had was the new noise synth which is wild. You can control the oscillators with LDRs, a contact mic inside the enclosure, or both. It was a ton of fun to mess with
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:45 pm

Got the Noise Mod for the Gen Loss last week and had to make a quick demo showing it off. I really love this new noise, which is basically noise modulating a short delay line. Noise as a mod source is one of my favorite things on synths, and now I can do it on my pedalboard! :!!!:
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:35 pm

Just put up a demo of the Electrofoods Germ Warfare, which is a germanium boost that gets pretty gritty and sounds great pushing the front end of an amp or other dirt pedals. Definitely check out the other Electrofoods stuff if you haven't heard of them; they are two of the nicest people making incredible dirt pedals.
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:33 pm

Picked up the new Splatterblaster last week and bumped it up on my to-demo list because I had to share how awesome this is. Superfuzz on one side, HM-2 on the other (not as harsh in the high frequencies though, which I love) and it has got me wanting to play in stereo all the time
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Demo up of the TKOG Mini Glitch. This is based on the Jonny Greenwood MaxMSP patch, so it takes samples of your signal at random intervals and random sample size. It also does footswitch triggered (latching or momentary) and a threshold triggered mode, both of which are a ton of fun. The threshold mode is my favorite because it can get kinda clicky/glitchy delay sounds
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:19 pm

Demo of the Hawaiian Pizza up now! This is 100% not a Dumble-y drive like they've said, but more like a Coloursound one knob fuzz with a input volume control and voltage starve. It gets nice and bright for low gain tones which I'm really into, and then it can do big wall of fuzz or gated fuzz tones at full gain depending on how you set the voltage starve knob.
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby adamajah » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:54 pm

Sounds freakin great!
adamajah

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear