collector//emitter

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: collector//emitter

Postby ts50b » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:04 pm

Just put up a demo of the Alexander Pedals Space Race! It's a pretty great multi-mode reverb with a lot of digital control like their other pedals. The standout feature for me is a few of the cooler modes - analog (modeled after the MN3011, I assume) but sounds like a modulated belton brick, Lofi which is gritty and distorted (as opposed to the super filtered/AM radio sound in other lofi reverbs), and Spring which lets you adjust the input level going into the spring so you can kinda overload it
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:07 pm

I wasn't planning on doing a demo of the Slowly Melting but since Even announced he's doing another run I decided to get one together this week. This is a bizarre and amazing pedal that abuses a pt2399 to somehow create a fuzzy glitch machine
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:35 pm

Just put up a demo of the Fuzzrocious Playing Mantis! This is a wild combination of a drone oscillator and distortion (or overdrive, or boost). You can adjust the oscillator pitch with an expression pedal or play it like a weird atonal synth with the 4 toggle switches and 2 knobs
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:44 pm

Great demo, thx. It's interesting--kinda wish there were more internal means to gnar up or introduce movement to just the oscillator. Really liked it mixed low, but up high it sorta had the opposite effect I usually look for in a drone. The fuzz side sounds great though :joy:
Always appreciate your demos man :thumb:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby voerking » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:08 pm

your videos often remind me of the band GROWING.
voerking

experienced
experienced

Postby ts50b » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:35 pm

Dandolin wrote:Great demo, thx. It's interesting--kinda wish there were more internal means to gnar up or introduce movement to just the oscillator. Really liked it mixed low, but up high it sorta had the opposite effect I usually look for in a drone. The fuzz side sounds great though :joy:
Always appreciate your demos man :thumb:

Thanks so much :!!!: I totally agree about some internal way to mess with the oscillator, even just an order switch toggle, but it plays well with other pedals so it's not a huge issue

voerking wrote:your videos often remind me of the band GROWING.

Whoa, I've never heard Growing before but I LOVE this!
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:39 pm

Just put up a demo of the Electrofoods Nepenthes. This is a Rat-ish distortion based around a custom discrete opamp (as opposed to the closest LM308 replacement). You end up getting a finely tuned gain stage with more midrange as you add more gain and more sparkle as you lower the gain into overdrive territory.
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby Jero » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:31 pm

ts50b wrote:
Just put up a demo of the Electrofoods Nepenthes. This is a Rat-ish distortion based around a custom discrete opamp (as opposed to the closest LM308 replacement). You end up getting a finely tuned gain stage with more midrange as you add more gain and more sparkle as you lower the gain into overdrive territory.

Sounds great! Was that Carry the Zero at the beginning? :joy:

also, this is set up almost exactly like another pedal you will be doing soon :lol: :cool:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:14 pm

hmmmm :snax: :snax: :snax:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ts50b » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:52 pm

Jero wrote:Sounds great! Was that Carry the Zero at the beginning? :joy:

also, this is set up almost exactly like another pedal you will be doing soon :lol: :cool:

Thanks homie! The first section is basically Carry the Zero... I've been listening to a lot of Built to Spill and realized that when I was editing. And yeah, I think this setup is very similar to something I just got, haha
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:48 am

Put up a new demo of the SolidGoldFX Athena. It's a super simple phaser that gives you access to all the basic phase sounds you need (and sounds nice and gooey)
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby Jero » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:36 pm

ts50b wrote:

Put up a new demo of the SolidGoldFX Athena. It's a super simple phaser that gives you access to all the basic phase sounds you need (and sounds nice and gooey)

Sounds good :snax: ...plus it's classy looking. Put it on a board with an Antichthon and bask in the sacred geometry.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ts50b » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:17 pm

New demo up the Fuzzrocious Knob Jawn is up! I figure I love analog octave with fuzz, so why not show this analog and digital octave with a bunch of fuzzes (featuring one from Jero which will get it's own demo soon ;) )
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:12 pm

Just put up a demo of the PLBR Narwhal with both the black (more vintage and boomy) and white (more modern and aggressive) versions. It's basically a big muff that lets you adjust the diodes in both clipping stages (between silicon, LED, and none) as well as choose between a tone stack with a mid scoop, mid hump, or bypass the tone entirely. It makes for a pretty versatile muff pedal that can get even get someone like me who hates muff style fuzzes to like it
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:22 am

I don't think this one needs too much explanation. I tried to approach it from a guitar standpoint, but it's wonderful as a synth/cv generator/midi sequencer/whatever else you can think of. I have a background in Max/MSP and this is very similar, but in some ways more approachable
ts50b

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear