collector//emitter

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: collector//emitter

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:33 pm

frigid midget wrote:Doesn't do high gain, no octave nor gate nor velcro as far as the fuzz part goes...To each their own, but for the money I'd prefer a modded rat and spend the rest in beer :idk:

well, it's an overdrive - not a high gain distortion/fuzz so it kinda does what it does... although ian never pushed the gain all the way sooooo there's that. also, you can get some velcro/gating with the bias set low! all that being said, beer money is good too! :group:

on the topic of the parabola - sounds awesome! i've always loved the schaller sound and caroline did some really nice things with it. :thumb:
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ts50b » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:19 am

frigid midget wrote:Awesome demos. Best sounding Mini demo I heard so far. Still not convinced though. "Immensy versatile, goes from low gain overdrive to fuzz, wide range of tones from the eq, etc"...And I still only hear a variety of crunchy drive tones, not that different from what the average dod distortion could give me :idk:

Doesn't do high gain, no octave nor gate nor velcro as far as the fuzz part goes...To each their own, but for the money I'd prefer a modded rat and spend the rest in beer :idk:

The Dagger and Generation loss though, as well as 99% of those other demo'd pedlols... :drool:
Keep up the good work.

Are you going off the Dagger vs Mini video or the video of the Mini by itself? In the one with the Dagger I was really trying to keep the Mini settings close to the crunchy drive/distortion tones like the Dagger does. Like Brian and jrfox said, its not a fuzz but it gets a little fuzzy

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:on the topic of the parabola - sounds awesome! i've always loved the schaller sound and caroline did some really nice things with it. :thumb:

I agree! Philippe really killed it with this one. Sadly I only have this one for another day before I have to return it to my friend :(
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:56 pm

Just put up a video comparing the TC Electronic 3rd Dimension to the Boss DC-2. The DC-2 sounds much better to me, but the 3rd Dimension sounds pretty good when you factor in it's price.

Also I thought the DC-2 was wet/dry stereo and it isn't, but this compares the DC-2's true stereo to the 3rd Dimension set up as wet/dry (with one channel bypassing the pedal).
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Got my hands on a Deep Animation and was not expecting to love it as much as I do. Leave it to DBA to turn an envelope filter into a weird dynamic cocked wah/fuzz
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:46 pm

I've been waiting for the updated firmware and to really understand everything thats going on in this pedal, but I've finally gotten around to demoing the Tensor. This thing is absolutely wild and I love it.

Also, if they released a version of this that was just the looper with a longer buffer time, I would probably buy a few to replace my love for the DL4 looper.
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:01 pm

Mattoverse Fuzzy Gates, DBA Reverberation Machine, Abominable Electronics Hail Satan (Ram's Head), and EAE Dude Incredible mangling some drum patterns from my Octatrack. The Reverberation Machines might actually be my favorite even though it's technically not a fuzz
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:50 pm

Scored this 90's Graphic Fuzz for a great deal recently after looking for one for a while, and I am really in love with this thing :love:
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Killin with these demos.

Is that 24v ac like the old deluxe big muffs?
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:51 am

fuzzisokiguess wrote:Killin with these demos.

Is that 24v ac like the old deluxe big muffs?

Thank you! I'm glad people are liking them

I thought it would be 24v AC, but its weirdly 40v DC. I'm really glad it came with the original adapter
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby dubkitty » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:49 am

that's the first Tensor demo that i've found comprehensible.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Teej212 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:49 am

theres something about those big boxes...sounds awesome!
Teej212

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ts50b » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:40 pm

dubkitty wrote:that's the first Tensor demo that i've found comprehensible.

Thank you! It's definitely hard to convey everything that's incredible about the Tensor in a video. I know I had to leave out a bunch just for the sake of time

Teej212 wrote:theres something about those big boxes...sounds awesome!

I used to be into all top jacks and a compact pedalboard, now all I want are big box pedals haha
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby CrookedRainJr » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:51 pm

Alright, which one of you bastards was the one who saw that Graphic Fuzz video and snagged the $70 one on Guitar Center before I could nab it after work?
CrookedRainJr

interested
interested

Postby ts50b » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:47 pm

CrookedRainJr wrote:Alright, which one of you bastards was the one who saw that Graphic Fuzz video and snagged the $70 one on Guitar Center before I could nab it after work?

Damn $70 is a great price! I got mine for $110 and thought that was good
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Yall are all probably familiar with the DBA Reverberation Machine by now, but I love this thing and wanted to show off some of my favorite settings
ts50b

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear