collector//emitter

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: collector//emitter

Postby ts50b » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:44 pm

Just put up a demo of the ADD Signal Overloader. This thing can be a not-so-clean boost, a fuzzy drive, or anything in between. I really love putting it in front of another fuzz or a dirty amp! And most importantly it looks soooo cool :love:
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby _themissingshade_ » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:26 pm

I really enjoy these demos. Any time somebody demos an overdrive or fuzz and doesn't play a blues lick, an angel gets its wings.
_themissingshade_

Postby ts50b » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:55 pm

_themissingshade_ wrote:I really enjoy these demos. Any time somebody demos an overdrive or fuzz and doesn't play a blues lick, an angel gets its wings.

Thank you! I feel like there's a ton of dirt pedals with original designs that get overlooked because everything sounds the same with blues licks. I try my best to do them justice!
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby _themissingshade_ » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:37 pm

ts50b wrote:
_themissingshade_ wrote:I really enjoy these demos. Any time somebody demos an overdrive or fuzz and doesn't play a blues lick, an angel gets its wings.

Thank you! I feel like there's a ton of dirt pedals with original designs that get overlooked because everything sounds the same with blues licks. I try my best to do them justice!

It never ceases to amaze me how few people demo pedals without playing even a single chord. But I really like your playing style, you bring out the dynamics of dirt pedals really nicely. Keep up the good work! :thumb:
_themissingshade_

Postby ts50b » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:29 pm

Just put up a demo of the Big Game Pedals CVLT Deluxe. This thing is a super cool recreation of the Peavey f800B in a (relatively) compact pedal format. It get the gritty DFA1979 distortion tone, but also works as a great preamp, eq, or dirty boost. I'm loving running this into a dirty amp with the clean channel's volume turned down to clean up the amp a little, and the distortion channel set to push it into really nice breakup
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby boneslygrifter » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:09 pm

Your Proverb video sold me on it and I'm notorious for hating most reverb pedals. Got the Pro not the XS, and I fall more in love with it every day. I also got a Lo Fi Junky after watching the comparison video between that and the gen loss, and stupidly traded it. Will probably end up with another if this Pitch Pirate doesn't work out. But I've gotten kinda gen loss-esque tones from a Lo-Fi Machine, Small Clone, and Fuck. (Also have a Mini but I was already in the know on those haha). It's nice to have a demo-er who plays very similar styles to myself, makes deciding on pedals easier, keep up the great work! If you ever want to demo an In Limbo iii compact I'd totally loan mine. ;)

Thought I'd share the glory of the Proverb (guest appearance by my snare drum, apologies):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S-Sh0fBmDk
My music:

https://hetchetchy-tx.bandcamp.com/releases Side project with my best friend, we wrote and recorded this in two days.

https://mummertheband.com/releases Same friend on drums with another on guitars/lead vocals
boneslygrifter

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:55 pm

boneslygrifter wrote:Your Proverb video sold me on it and I'm notorious for hating most reverb pedals. Got the Pro not the XS, and I fall more in love with it every day. I also got a Lo Fi Junky after watching the comparison video between that and the gen loss, and stupidly traded it. Will probably end up with another if this Pitch Pirate doesn't work out. But I've gotten kinda gen loss-esque tones from a Lo-Fi Machine, Small Clone, and Fuck. (Also have a Mini but I was already in the know on those haha). It's nice to have a demo-er who plays very similar styles to myself, makes deciding on pedals easier, keep up the great work! If you ever want to demo an In Limbo iii compact I'd totally loan mine. ;)

Thought I'd share the glory of the Proverb (guest appearance by my snare drum, apologies):

Sounds awesome! I feel like I would be pretty content using just a Small Clone and Proverb for a while. And I'm really glad you're liking the Proverb! I got mine on a whim and fell it love with it really quickly. At this point it might be my favorite Belton Brick reverb

And I'm really glad you're liking the demos! I figured there aren't many demoers who play similar styles to me, so I'm glad there are people out there who do and find them useful. And I might take you up on that In Limbo offer if I can't get ahold of one for myself :)
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:37 am

New video up with some glitch pedals and drum sequences! Fed sequences from my Octatrack through a Dwarfcraft Grazer, EQD Rainbow Machine, Red Panda Tensor, and TKOG Mini Glitch. The kick was sent to a separate channel so it stays clean to keep some sense of rhythm, but even then it gets pretty hectic. Usually when I do this on a track, I'll record a take of the drums through whatever pedal and then slice up my favorite parts to use as fills
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby ts50b » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:32 pm

Just put up a demo of the Walrus Fathom. I love the modulation on this thing, and even though I mainly stay in the Plate mode, the others sound really great. I don't show this in the demo, but it sounds excellent run into a fuzz. I use it for that 90% of the time
Last edited by ts50b on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby Jero » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:23 pm

I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ts50b » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:45 pm

Oops, thanks for fixing that
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby Inconuucl » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:29 pm

ts50b wrote:

Just put up a demo of the Big Game Pedals CVLT Deluxe. This thing is a super cool recreation of the Peavey f800B in a (relatively) compact pedal format. It get the gritty DFA1979 distortion tone, but also works as a great preamp, eq, or dirty boost. I'm loving running this into a dirty amp with the clean channel's volume turned down to clean up the amp a little, and the distortion channel set to push it into really nice breakup

I want this so I can run it on to my iconoclast and have a good set up located entire on my board. Your demo convinced me of it. :snax:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby ts50b » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:07 am

Inconuucl wrote:I want this so I can run it on to my iconoclast and have a good set up located entire on my board. Your demo convinced me of it. :snax:

I haven't used it with a cab sim because I don't own one, but I imagine that would be a pretty perfect ampless setup!
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby DRodriguez » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:30 am

Can confirm, used to use the old CVLT pedal a lot as an ampless rig.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby _themissingshade_ » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:53 pm

boneslygrifter wrote:Your Proverb video sold me on it and I'm notorious for hating most reverb pedals. Got the Pro not the XS, and I fall more in love with it every day. I also got a Lo Fi Junky after watching the comparison video between that and the gen loss, and stupidly traded it. Will probably end up with another if this Pitch Pirate doesn't work out. But I've gotten kinda gen loss-esque tones from a Lo-Fi Machine, Small Clone, and Fuck. (Also have a Mini but I was already in the know on those haha). It's nice to have a demo-er who plays very similar styles to myself, makes deciding on pedals easier, keep up the great work! If you ever want to demo an In Limbo iii compact I'd totally loan mine. ;)

That demo video was really nice. The Limbo + Proverb combo is truly gorgeous.
_themissingshade_

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear