Greg Sage's VTDI (Vacuum Tube Direct)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Greg Sage's VTDI (Vacuum Tube Direct)

Postby ancientbones » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Does anyone know anything about the tube direct box that Greg Sage of the Wipers used?

I've seen it mentioned in a couple interviews before and I'm really curious about what exactly it is/what it's designed after.
ancientbones

committed
committed

Re: Greg Sage's VTDI (Vacuum Tube Direct)

Postby oldangelmidnight » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:57 pm

I was under the impression he built everything himself and that they weren't really in the tradition of typical guitar gear. Maybe you could get in touch through the Zeno Records website and see if he'll build you one or give you any info.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:12 pm

OAM's assessment seems to be correct. The circuitry he based it off of seems to be an apparition. Just, whatever he could get his hands on.
https://tapeop.com/interviews/bonus/gre ... nd-wipers/
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ancientbones » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:49 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:I was under the impression he built everything himself and that they weren't really in the tradition of typical guitar gear. Maybe you could get in touch through the Zeno Records website and see if he'll build you one or give you any info.

I've reached out but never get any response :(
ancientbones

committed
committed

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:52 pm

I honestly thought he used a Harmonic Perc or something. Shows what my ears know.
@ancientbines - Trogotronic makes a tube pedal. It's a bit pricy but I always thought it would be cool to switch tubes out and experiment. I'm not well versed in these sorts of things though.

I do love THE WIPERS though...
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to General Gear