Post-Meta_Horizon: FIXED ARCHITECTURE SYNTH GENERAL

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Avant Garde Cool Kids Club: Not Your Mother's Synths

Postby mr. sound boy king » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:19 pm

chrisdermo wrote:
mr. sound boy king wrote:I'm going to keep posting. Tetrazzi + LXR + guitar pedals

Stop teasing and give us the goods!

Spring tanker arrived today, here it is playing with some bug friends

https://instagram.com/p/BfjXwlllpfe/
https://instagram.com/p/Bfjh8ENhi_N/
https://instagram.com/p/BfjhA10BMxA/

Links not working? https://soundcloud.com/david-b-applegate/bounds ?
NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby chrisdermo » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:27 am

mr. sound boy king wrote:
Links not working? https://soundcloud.com/david-b-applegate/bounds ?

:drool:
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby lumena » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:09 pm

Rebuttal Moog Subsequent 37 - decided to see if it was as interesting as a Lyra.
One take - reverb from Ableton.
FASHION PASSES STYLE REMAINS
lumena

committed
committed

Postby chrisdermo » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:50 pm

lumena wrote:Rebuttal Moog Subsequent 37 - decided to see if it was as interesting as a Lyra.
One take - reverb from Ableton.

Alright. That was freaking great! Why can't I get moogs to behave like that?
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby brndnwilliams » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:51 pm

Hey everyone, my Lyra arrived today and I’m pumped but I don’t want to use the wallwart/adapter it came with. I also want to stop powering the mescaline with the jumpers. I have about 5 pedals I run with the synths and am wondering if anyone has suggestions for a power supply that could power these items. I had the HS-M24 and don’t really wanna buy that again and think it’s overkill. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
brndnwilliams

committed
committed

Postby cantremember » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:16 pm

brndnwilliams wrote:Hey everyone, my Lyra arrived today and I’m pumped but I don’t want to use the wallwart/adapter it came with. I also want to stop powering the mescaline with the jumpers. I have about 5 pedals I run with the synths and am wondering if anyone has suggestions for a power supply that could power these items. I had the HS-M24 and don’t really wanna buy that again and think it’s overkill. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I believe that the Lyra is run off 12v, 200mA so you could get one of the strymon power supplies that have the switch to go from 9-12-18 v and I think the 12v would be at 375mA.
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby brndnwilliams » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:56 pm

cantremember wrote:
brndnwilliams wrote:Hey everyone, my Lyra arrived today and I’m pumped but I don’t want to use the wallwart/adapter it came with. I also want to stop powering the mescaline with the jumpers. I have about 5 pedals I run with the synths and am wondering if anyone has suggestions for a power supply that could power these items. I had the HS-M24 and don’t really wanna buy that again and think it’s overkill. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I believe that the Lyra is run off 12v, 200mA so you could get one of the strymon power supplies that have the switch to go from 9-12-18 v and I think the 12v would be at 375mA.

thanks for your help, as always :)) going to look into them today!
brndnwilliams

committed
committed

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:14 am

My Bugbrand Syn1 Weevil module arrived yesterday. Sync'd squarewave ring mod goodness! Gonna have to pull the boardweevil out again and get the two working together.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby lumena » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:59 am

chrisdermo wrote:My Bugbrand Syn1 Weevil module arrived yesterday. Sync'd squarewave ring mod goodness! Gonna have to pull the boardweevil out again and get the two working together.

That is something I would like to hear. :poke:
FASHION PASSES STYLE REMAINS
lumena

committed
committed

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:02 am

lumena wrote:
chrisdermo wrote:My Bugbrand Syn1 Weevil module arrived yesterday. Sync'd squarewave ring mod goodness! Gonna have to pull the boardweevil out again and get the two working together.

That is something I would like to hear. :poke:

I'll see what I can do :poke:
Sadly there are no sync inputs on the weevil module, so I'll have to use the boardweevil as clock master for a sequencer to control the weevil module. That should be pretty fun actually. I shall keep you posted!
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:25 am

I apologize if this was posted. Not sure who this person is but this pretty much sums up the essence of this thread.
https://www.instagram.com/droide_zen/?hl=en
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:59 am

Did anyone ever nab a Deckard's Dream?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:21 am

D.o.S. wrote:Did anyone ever nab a Deckard's Dream?

I think it's out of the budget range us humble 'avant garde cool kids'. Captain Strange Tales thought about building one but the thing looks uh....intensive/involved/intimidating. The built one is 3x the price of my synths combined.

That said, if anyone knew 4 other people that wanted one, you can all go all in and get 5 built ones and split them up for $1200/person (whoever organizes such an endeavor...best of luck :lol: ). Food for thought, $1200 built is only $200 more than if you bought the kit....just find 4 other dudes with $1200 they can front you.
http://www.deckardsdream.com/product/de ... reorder-x5
(Actually, I'm thinking about it and it really isn't THAT terrible an idea of you knew 4 other people who 1. Wanted one 2. You can trust 3. Had the capital.)
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:29 am

$harkToootth wrote:I apologize if this was posted. Not sure who this person is but this pretty much sums up the essence of this thread.
https://www.instagram.com/droide_zen/?hl=en

This stuff is dope! I've been following more and more modular stuff on instagram and getting kind sick of the samey-ness. This kind of cheapo small box mish-mash is what really gets my motor running.

Koma emailed today asking for delivery details on the field kit fx, feels like an eternity ago I paid for that.....I think i'll just keep on forgetting until it arrives and hopefully be blown away by something it does.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:33 pm

chrisdermo wrote:This stuff is dope! I've been following more and more modular stuff on instagram and getting kind sick of the samey-ness. This kind of cheapo small box mish-mash is what really gets my motor running.

Same brother.
Found this brand a while back...been meaning to post. http://electrograve.com/
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear