Post-Meta_Horizon: FIXED ARCHITECTURE SYNTH GENERAL

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Post-Meta_Horizon: FIXED ARCHITECTURE SYNTH GENERAL

Postby K2000 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:40 pm

I lost track of this thread because of the name change...

I haven't returned the JMT box yet, still thinking about the pros (it does something that I like, very well) and cons (expensive; it's not a fundamental element of my music but more like embellishment).

I consider $360 to be "guitar money". I just bought a Microbrute for half that price (which I really like).
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Psyre » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Well, I hate to vibe down the thread, but sadly my sh-101 never shipped. Seller has been flakey as fuck, but suprisingly Reverb has been great. He only replies to me when they get on his ass. They sent him a shipping label after a week of nothing. He immediately says "it shipped today" on the 19th. Today there is still no tracking update. Reverb has assured me they have the refund ready, so that process will start tomorrow. The hunt continues
Psyre

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:50 pm

@psyre - What happened? Any update? EDIT: @psyre - Did not mean to rub salt in the wound with the video I posted below (forgot he had the boutique 101).

Side Note: My SURGEON goodness. This only popped in my feed the other day. I'm kind of glad the algorithms aren't smart enough to know I would have loved to have watched this right when it was uploaded.
It's kind of relieving to know that even someone I respect so much (and is a master of his craft) has some degree of self-consciousness (when he's like "I need more time.") :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaeFyRTBXBo
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:35 pm

December is off to a good start m8s. Put in an offer for a Roland GR-33 with the power chord and pickup and all that shit... the dude accepted.
SOY BOY level = Super SOY. This is basically a JV-1080 in a guitar pedal (It actually isn't but I like saying that).
Everything and shipping for $200. Capitalism Won today after all (it's Cyber Monday... I'm trying 2 b funny)
I'm traveling for work this week but when I get home... I'm going to soy it up!!!
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:54 pm

$harkToootth wrote:December is off to a good start m8s. Put in an offer for a Roland GR-33 with the power chord and pickup and all that shit... the dude accepted.
SOY BOY level = Super SOY. This is basically a JV-1080 in a guitar pedal (It actually isn't but I like saying that).
Everything and shipping for $200. Capitalism Won today after all (it's Cyber Monday... I'm trying 2 b funny)
I'm traveling for work this week but when I get home... I'm going to soy it up!!!

:love:
Well, lucky you sir.
I envy you very much, always wanted to try one out but never found out one when I was looking for it, and right now is not something on the top of my list (but after seeing this.. It could be).
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:09 pm

Moog Audio has the Roland Boutique VP-03 Vocoder for half off today. I don't need it, I have no plan to use it, but I am tempted at that price.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby K2000 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:59 pm

After spending more time with that JMT synth box, I gotta say it’s pretty nice in the context of a fuller setup. Even thought the controls are uh... intuitive, it always seems to sound good, and adds cool textures and movement.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:52 pm

K2000 wrote:After spending more time with that JMT synth box, I gotta say it’s pretty nice in the context of a fuller setup. Even thought the controls are uh... intuitive, it always seems to sound good, and adds cool textures and movement.

I owe you apology. Sorry for saying what I said about JMT synths. I'm happy you're happy! :hug:
Dowi wrote: :love:
Well, lucky you sir.
I envy you very much, always wanted to try one out but never found out one when I was looking for it, and right now is not something on the top of my list (but after seeing this.. It could be).

This is one of the LAMEST things I do... but I make a lot of lists... one list is a If it's this price... I will get it for gear. This was recently added and it was for that price. I would have never got it otherwise. There is another one from me one town over for for $170. I was going to get that but it did not have the pickup. Have you seen how much just the pickup costs? It's stupid. So if I didn't get this one... my really dumb plan was to get the $170 one, and then pickup a GR-20 with the pickup used (I've seen them go for $150). Really counter intuitive plan but trust me... It would be less expensive to get JUST THE PICKUP, and I would wind up with two synth pedals that have string orchestration that I like.

Scout's Honor Dowi, if I was able to find another with the pickup and cheap... I'd find a way to hook a hommie up. You know that! :hug:

Also, I should add... I think I found out how cheap they are now when I was on a stimulant binge. I was looking for ways to control a rack synth with a guitar and these some how came in my path. I always loved the sounds of JV-1080s.... so this was close enough (in the Joey Diaz way of being close enough... I'll fuck you if you guess the color of my panties. Uh Red? They're Green but good enough!
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:03 pm

$harkToootth wrote:Have you seen how much just the pickup costs? It's stupid.

Yeah, I've got a pickup-less GR unit, think it's a 30. The pup prices are stupid. I aim to eventually get around to rolling a hex set-up in an instrument of some sort, but it's been pretty low priority. Maybe experiencing one vicariously will plant more fool ideas in my brain.

Nice score! Have fun with it.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:29 pm

crochambeau wrote:Maybe experiencing one vicariously will plant more fool ideas in my brain.

Nice score! Have fun with it.

I'll see what I do 4 u brother!
The GR-20 is pretty cheap sometimes. I've seen them go for $150 with the pickup. As said, that was going to be my alternative, if I had to get the $170 GR-33 a town over. Would have been fine. Would have had two units... quite frankly... I enjoy the string sounds on the GR-20 too so I would have been fine. Of course... there are none on Reverb to back me up right now. They do pop up more frequently than 1 would think... unless I caught this at an odd time?

Spirit of full transparency? It was going to be one of these units... and the Stone Splitter, then life would be complete :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:38 am

$harkToootth wrote:This is one of the LAMEST things I do... but I make a lot of lists... one list is a If it's this price... I will get it for gear. This was recently added and it was for that price. I would have never got it otherwise. There is another one from me one town over for for $170. I was going to get that but it did not have the pickup. Have you seen how much just the pickup costs? It's stupid. So if I didn't get this one... my really dumb plan was to get the $170 one, and then pickup a GR-20 with the pickup used (I've seen them go for $150). Really counter intuitive plan but trust me... It would be less expensive to get JUST THE PICKUP, and I would wind up with two synth pedals that have string orchestration that I like.

Scout's Honor Dowi, if I was able to find another with the pickup and cheap... I'd find a way to hook a hommie up. You know that! :hug:

Also, I should add... I think I found out how cheap they are now when I was on a stimulant binge. I was looking for ways to control a rack synth with a guitar and these some how came in my path. I always loved the sounds of JV-1080s.... so this was close enough (in the Joey Diaz way of being close enough... I'll fuck you if you guess the color of my panties. Uh Red? They're Green but good enough!

Ha! Thanks for that Sharkie, but I bet shipping it there would be expensive like hell.
Also, after you wrote this, I obviously fell back in the loophole and did some research and I found out somebody is selling a gr30 pickup included for a decent price :facepalm: got to sell something before I go for it.

Also, now I remember why I stopped looking for this a couple years back: the distance between the strings and the pickup must be very small for it to work properly, but at the time my main guitar was a Guild Semi acoustic and it had a huge gap because of the floating bridge (well, actually it's still my main guitar but I grabbed also a strat last year, so I could use it on that).
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:47 pm

Dowi wrote:Also, now I remember why I stopped looking for this a couple years back: the distance between the strings and the pickup must be very small for it to work properly, but at the time my main guitar was a Guild Semi acoustic and it had a huge gap because of the floating bridge (well, actually it's still my main guitar but I grabbed also a strat last year, so I could use it on that).

I'm going to try it on all my guitars before I 'mount' it per say. I have guitars of all different scales, and profiles. In a dream world... this pickup will work flawlessly with my 9-String. I highly doubt it though... probably wind up on of my garbage acoustics.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:59 am

$harkToootth wrote:
Dowi wrote:Also, now I remember why I stopped looking for this a couple years back: the distance between the strings and the pickup must be very small for it to work properly, but at the time my main guitar was a Guild Semi acoustic and it had a huge gap because of the floating bridge (well, actually it's still my main guitar but I grabbed also a strat last year, so I could use it on that).

I'm going to try it on all my guitars before I 'mount' it per say. I have guitars of all different scales, and profiles. In a dream world... this pickup will work flawlessly with my 9-String. I highly doubt it though... probably wind up on of my garbage acoustics.

:lol:
let me know if it works! i seriously doubt it can do good tracking on the 9-string, but maybe you can get some weird (in a cool way) artifacts from the doubled strings
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:30 pm

This really has my interest for the small profile, and really cool sounding effects algorithms. Kind of crazy you can get some instant classic TANGERINE TONES in a box that is a few inches (cm for the EU folks). Some stuff in this video sounds very ZEIT to me. You can even leave it in the bathroom and you got a capable toilet synth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2uSkR28X1c
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:10 pm

Everything Korg makes is low key excellent.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear