Post-Meta_Horizon: FIXED ARCHITECTURE SYNTH GENERAL

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Avant Garde Cool Kids Club: Not Your Mother's Synths

Postby echorec » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:47 pm

$harkToootth wrote:I'm weird with that one...I appreciate it's something different. I'd be a hypocrite to say, "I feel like you can get those sounds from other things" because that same sentiment applies to A LOT of my other gear :lol: . I don't know what it is? The end result (the sounds) are cool. I'm just not sure about the application.

I remember it was a dark and stormy Wednesday that fateful evening in the city. The sky was black, as I cut my teeth on fumes of mercury and cardamom tea. There I sat uncomfortably alone in my taxi cab, with a single question burrowing into my skull. Finally I knuckled down and asked myself, "Do I want a $600 mouth synth, or should I fetch my dead brother's electric kazoo Old Cyanide from the cellar, and rattle the walls with $600 worth of boutique pedals?" Well, if you're reading this, you know that I am dead, and so is everyone else.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:54 pm

It really is a 'mouth synth' isn't it? How the tables have turned.
http://weltenschule.de/TableHooters/Casiotone_202.html
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:49 am

I think some of the sounds are coooooool for sure. I also have no issue with someone yelling into a pipe, some of my favourite noise performances have consisted of someone screaming/mooing into a hose into some combination of behringer pedals and mixers. It seems many people on muffs think it's too ridiculous or kooky to use one's mouth as a sound source.

Didn't realise the price was $600.
Funny you should mention kazoo, I actually own a 'kazooka' (kazoo+pickup) which is used to bleat into and process via my SP404 many a moon ago, similar results.

Imagine how epic a fart could sound through this thing.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:57 am

I really want to like it and be excited for it but...my mind and body won't let me. Am I old now?

I also can't help but think this is the work of a sexual deviant.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:59 am

WHAT'S NEXT IN THIS CRAZY WORLD!!!!
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:03 am

$harkToootth wrote:I really want to like it and be excited for it but...my mind and body won't let me. Am I old now?

I also can't help but think this is the work of a sexual deviant.

Nah. It's just not that exciting - it's a microphone and some fx bundled in together right? Albeit very nice fx, I mean it's not a Boss Voice Transformer doohickey is it? :wha?:
I just like that someone had the gall to design, build and sell it. :thumb:
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:12 am

What was the price on that new Bug Brand module you were thinking of? Have you A/B'd it with the Grackler?
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:34 am

$harkToootth wrote:What was the price on that new Bug Brand module you were thinking of? Have you A/B'd it with the Grackler?

I think it's going to be in the realm of £320 + VAT if inside the EU. I will be getting it for sure if I get in there quick enough once released, It will provide 2 more oscillators and a ping-y filter voice to my Bug-modular. Tom is also going to offer it un-cased I believe, for those with Bugbrand modular frames already.
The Grackler is totally off my radar now, I enjoy the bits and bobs I hear of it, but I'm all about the Bugs and shallow FRAC modules now. :thumb:
It's been both a sad and revelatory month for me. On the one hand I've sold £2000 worth of esoteric synth stuff to buy a Bug modular synthvoice, on the other hand I now have a Bug modular synthvoice. :snax:
The scarcity and infrequency of Tom's modules/systems appeal to me in that I can't get carried away with it too much and forget about making music.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:05 pm

This fits the thread. Two years in the making and back and forth with the builder (who is a really cool dude so that was not an issue). Of all the days these could have arrived they came today (we have 4 inches of snow outside).
A weird microphone ( :lol: how timely), the blue guy is based on the MS-20 LPF, and a delay pedal meets shitty sequencer (in the words of the builder).
He included a zine! So I can get more trash film references! What a great fucking day! I get to shovel snow (one of my favorite things! I got shitty noisy pedals! And I get to read an interview! WOOO HOOO!)
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:06 pm

Shovel snow? Is it that bad for you up there? It's not even sticking to the roads right now and I keep on hearing it'll be an inch at most once it's done.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:10 pm

We have 4 inches here :lol:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:15 pm

Here is the guts of the MS-20 Mutation Pedal. A+ for craftsmanship :lol:
NSFW: show
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:17 am

Anyone seen this delay before? Looks/seems perfect for a stereo tabletop setup!
https://www.mutingthenoise.com/products ... keinedelay
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oscillateur » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:39 am

A DD-20 is perfect for a stereo tabletop setup too, does more things and is half the price :).
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ibarakishi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:57 am

oscillateur wrote:A DD-20 is perfect for a stereo tabletop setup too, does more things and is half the price :).

i love mine, but it has gotten really noisy. i have read online that this is a problem for some people, some just have units that are noisy, others have problems with certain power supplies or outlets. is yours noisy too compared to other pedals that you have?
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear