Race to the pedalboard: An Axoloti Adventure

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Race to the pedalboard: An Axoloti Adventure

Postby JonnyAngle » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:26 pm

If you don’t have hardware built, you should at least get a beatstep or something for basic parameter chanhes
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:05 am

Invisible Man wrote:You're right--if an object is in the patch, it eats CPU whether it is actively processing audio or not.

I have a patch that does what you're asking, procarstenation. I'll upload a video today or tomorrow when I get it finalized and debugged. It uses two stomps switches to toggle between different purposes--one 'side' is a synth; the other is some granular processing. You could just as easily mix the two signals with a knob, expression pedal, accelerometer, &c, and have both the synth and external audio processing running at the same time.

Spacelordmother's sample patch is the basic idea I'm working from (mux/demux). Put things in the path of the audio signal (red lines between demux/mux) and connect some kind of switch to the green inlet on demux/mux objects and you're good to go. There's much more to it if you want there to be; I'm sure we can help work it out if you try it and get stuck.

Turns out this is not always true.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:15 am

JonnyAngle wrote:If you don’t have hardware built, you should at least get a beatstep or something for basic parameter chanhes

the regular novation launch control is a nice one too. super compact
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:37 am

Invisible Man wrote:
Invisible Man wrote:You're right--if an object is in the patch, it eats CPU whether it is actively processing audio or not.

I have a patch that does what you're asking, procarstenation. I'll upload a video today or tomorrow when I get it finalized and debugged. It uses two stomps switches to toggle between different purposes--one 'side' is a synth; the other is some granular processing. You could just as easily mix the two signals with a knob, expression pedal, accelerometer, &c, and have both the synth and external audio processing running at the same time.

Spacelordmother's sample patch is the basic idea I'm working from (mux/demux). Put things in the path of the audio signal (red lines between demux/mux) and connect some kind of switch to the green inlet on demux/mux objects and you're good to go. There's much more to it if you want there to be; I'm sure we can help work it out if you try it and get stuck.

What, CPU load?

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:
JonnyAngle wrote:If you don’t have hardware built, you should at least get a beatstep or something for basic parameter chanhes

the regular novation launch control is a nice one too. super compact

Behringer xtouch mini too -- that has encoders with remote led control. No idea on build quality on something this cheap, but I've never had any reliability issues with B myself.
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Invisible Man » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:06 pm

Yes, cpu load. I muxed some audio in and out of processing and it changed the cpu load.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Invisible Man » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:08 pm

https://instagram.com/p/BmkDf2WFIQd/

Here’s a link to a brief sketch of axo chewing up some loops. The patch isn’t totally polished, but it’s: Mutable Instruments Clouds, a low pass filter, and a giant reverb.

Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Invisible Man » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:01 pm

Here’s a quick clip of the synth side:

https://instagram.com/p/BmmoXwmlS8G/

Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby ProCarsteNation » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:54 pm

Invisible Man wrote:

good god, I STILL haven't gotten around to try this out :facepalm: :cry:

but thank you again Axoloti conquering invisible SpaceLordMen of ILF,
because of youhouhou
I know just what to dohoohoooo
once I dohoohoooo
get around tohoohooo
try
this
OUT :!!!:
aural conjunctions on SC

I hate moodswings are awesome! Oh, and I usually post when I'm way too tired...
Invisible Man wrote:do something selfish and live a little.
ProCarsteNation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:14 am

ProCarsteNation wrote:
Invisible Man wrote:

good god, I STILL haven't gotten around to try this out :facepalm: :cry:

but thank you again Axoloti conquering invisible SpaceLordMen of ILF,
because of youhouhou
I know just what to dohoohoooo
once I dohoohoooo
get around tohoohooo
try
this
OUT :!!!:

Try something, even if it sounds like nothing.

-Axoloti
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:34 am

spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby spacelordmother » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:12 am

Have just started thinking about what I want to do with AXO3 and realized I never posted what I did with AXO2.
4 encoders with pushbutton, 3 buttons with independent LEDs, 2 OLED screens. Current control patch is set so pushing an encoder takes you to a "page" with 4 parameters. This could be expanded. :snax:
Bottom screen shows the info, top screen shows audio output waveform.

AXO is still cool as FUUUUUUU

spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby odontophobia » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:27 pm

omg that wiring.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby spacelordmother » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:11 pm

odontophobia wrote:omg that wiring.

Jumper wires FTW!
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby odontophobia » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:57 pm

spacelordmother wrote:
odontophobia wrote:omg that wiring.

Jumper wires FTW!

it's just so tidy. ;)
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 pm

Late to the party. Way late. Ordered a Core to mess around with. I have an idea. A cunning plan. I suck at programming stuff, but I'm quite stubborn, so it might work out in the end. :lol:

In terms of hardware, what pots/stomps/buttons/etc did you use? Any specific pots in particular, resistance wise?
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear