Chase Bliss Brothers

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Chase Bliss Brothers

Postby peaches » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:00 am

mysteryroach wrote:
peaches wrote:So I saw that Andertons in the UK said they were shipping these Feb 20th on their website. I thought release was March 20th, so I emailed them and they confirmed that they were expecting to ship in February, subject to change. They emailed me again today saying that their shipment is overdue, but that they're expecting later today, and if I wanted to place an order for shipment in the next couple days.

Am I wrong about the release date or?

Chase Bliss website says Feb 20th is preorder date, release date is a month from them. Andertons probably got confused. I guess you'll find out either way when you hear back from them though.

Yeah that was my thinking, they seem pretty sure of getting a shipment in today but let's see!
peaches

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:24 am

Nick did look a little zombied out. LOL! I get it though. Namm. Ugh. I felt that way too there. He's probably tired and just like "when is this bullshit over again". lol

I like his little snippet. I feel like it's not his style of playing though and I'd love to see a full demo of him at home in his element.

Seriously what the fuck is up with all the blues style demos?? Damn it Joel!!! We need bone crushing shit here!!!!!! BONES NEED TO BE CRUSHED!!!!!!! :)

I think I'll try this one eventually. I'm so the skeptic with these pedals though because I super suck at presets and the whole dipswitch thing. When someone else sets them up though I have fun.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby sylnau » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:33 am

Eivind August wrote:Right? It felt wrong not having it in here.

I'm sure this is an awesome pedal. Not for me, but cool seeing someone doing something relatively new with overdrive-pedals.

No oscillation, so doesn't worth the high price.
But it's an interesting pedal for sure. But not for me.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:48 am

One thing I was randomly GAS daydreaming about yesterday... has anybody asked about the volume levels for the different effects? I know there's just the main "master" knob, which would be fine with me for overdrive and fuzz, but I was wondering about the boost setting. I imagine it'll thicken / gain things up a bit, but I'm curious as to how much volume it'll add to to the signal, and if that's adjustable or not. I guess the big question is if it mainly changes character of the signal, or if you could additionally use it for something practical, like kicking it on to stand out in a mix for a certain part of a song.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:42 pm

Finally listened to the JustNick demo. Thing sounds killer. Convinced me. If I had less dirt, I would be all over the thing, could take the place of a couple of them.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mamsk » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:56 am

pre-ordered one this morning (had some reverb credit), pretty pumped to get it in. dirt should be more than covered between it/PoT/ayahuasca/four eyes
mamsk

involved
involved

Postby peaches » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:03 am

mamsk wrote:pre-ordered one this morning (had some reverb credit), pretty pumped to get it in. dirt should be more than covered between it/PoT/ayahuasca/four eyes

Geez that's a killer dirt section.
peaches

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:19 am

Am I the only one that things oscillation and fuzz are horrible sounding? Delay and oscillation, sure, but fuzz? Fuck off bruh. It sounds terrible and is unusable. BRUH!!!!!!!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby popvulture » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:49 am

I think it's a pretty rad sounding pedal, but this is certainly one that I wouldn't buy without trying. Hopefully my local shop that carries CB will have one in for a fleeting moment.

My big reason is that you can't set different volume levels for each gain type. I'd love to use the boost to actually crank up the volume for a solo/part/whatever. There's really only so much real estate for knobs, though—I realize that's really asking a lot from an already seemingly awesome offering :erm:
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby peaches » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:51 am

jwar wrote:Am I the only one that things oscillation and fuzz are horrible sounding? Delay and oscillation, sure, but fuzz? Fuck off bruh. It sounds terrible and is unusable. BRUH!!!!!!!

Nah I'm with you, really not a fan of fuzz oscillation. Filter resonance and border oscillation on delay into dirt is sweet though. Regular ol' fuzz can be pretty too.
peaches

committed
committed

Postby Eivind August » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:21 am

peaches wrote:
jwar wrote:Am I the only one that things oscillation and fuzz are horrible sounding? Delay and oscillation, sure, but fuzz? Fuck off bruh. It sounds terrible and is unusable. BRUH!!!!!!!

Nah I'm with you, really not a fan of fuzz oscillation. Filter resonance and border oscillation on delay into dirt is sweet though. Regular ol' fuzz can be pretty too.

Yeah, only soy boys like oscillating fuzz. :lol:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Eivind August » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:56 am

vidret wrote:SOY BOY GREEEN ARE PEOPLE TOO :cry:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Inconuucl » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:12 pm

Not gonna lie, some of those fuzz tones were pretty taste. :snax:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jrfox92 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:26 pm

I like that they brought Andrew back specially for the video.
I was underwhelmed by the pedal itself, though. :idk:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:54 pm

I'm sold.

After listening to Just Nicks demos, it's definitely something I'd use and love.

Now for the real problem. What do I boot?

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear