Ibanez ES-2 alternative?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Ibanez ES-2 alternative?

Postby frigid midget » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:59 am

vidret wrote:well there's the MLjr, the in limbo 3 compact is like 220$ish anyways and the feature set is very simple, honestly.

And supa puss which should be able to be had at 200$

How can you say you dont want to pay over 200-250$, then ask for tap tempo, and then a better sound while demanding "hold down for oscillations" as well as a simpler feature set?

If this was a store you'd have filtered everything out already.

In limbo 3
supa puss
mf delay (doesn't have tap and hold for oscillation but is simpler)
ML jr

Yeah, I guess by now it should be painfully obvious I don't know what the hell I want :facepalm: I guess I just want to take a look at all my options, and just pick whatever seems interesting to me. I already got a couple ideas for a (faux) analog delay with at least two little extras (tt, oscillation, drive, whtvr) and too big a footprint+price.

Guess I didnt realise the in limbo 3 isnt insanely expensive, could indeed be a good option.
Ist the MLjr like super digital though, can it do some sort of bbd/tape simulation? Cant check right now...
Last edited by frigid midget on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fcknoise » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:51 am

vidret wrote:How can you say you dont want to pay over 200-250$, then ask for tap tempo, and then a better sound while demanding "hold down for oscillations" as well as a simpler feature set?

So you want an el capistan. Should be able to find for 250$-ish used
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frigid midget » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:12 am

I'm on it bro. Lookin around for a limbo as we speak. Finding a III on the used market wont be easy though. Supa puss and Moog are also still in the running.
And as long as I'm expanding my options and consider more unconventional booteek stuff: Anyone maybe have any experience with the Hungry Robot delay?
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Boxbie » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:57 am

frigid midget wrote:Ist the MLjr like super digital though, can it do some sort of bbd/tape simulation? Cant check right now...

its pretty sterile sounding. I also find the strymon stuff cold sounding. Know what I mean? No Juice!
Boxbie

experienced
experienced

Postby Willem » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:20 am

I already had a Moby Dick. Check out my video on YouTube (The Blue pedal)
Fuzzonaut about the RM-1N:
"Amp in a box"?
No, there's no amp in there - tone fairies and feedback goblins live inside this box.
Willem

committed
committed

Postby penelope tree » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:06 am

frigid midget wrote:
penelope tree wrote:
Disarm D'arcy wrote:Just from what you're saying, it sounds like you really just have to narrow down which one you want between the Waza DM-2 and MF-Delay. ;)

I agree, and I think it would reasonable to expect either of those pedals to be well made and reliable. I have an ES-2 and I hope it doesn't capitulate any time soon. The oscillation mode is quite unique and it would be difficult to achieve a similar effect with the aforementioned Boss or Moog pedals.

One inexpensive pedal I have been quite impressed with recently is the Ibanez Analog Delay Mini.

Yeah, the oscillation mode kinda sets it apart from the rest of the flock. Plus 1 sec of delay time AND tap tempo...That's pretty unseen in that price range. Seemed too good to be true, right :facepalm:

Good luck with yours. I can just say I never abused mine, and had to send my first one back after one whopping week cause it completely died on me for no apparant reason....:/

That tiny Ibanez delay...Don't know, I'm not crazy about the idea of buying yet another cheap delay from the same company that gave me a cheap delay pedal that crapped the bed short after the warranty expired. But just like with the ES-2, the specs seem ligit. Less than half the size and price of an AD9, and twice the delay time...tempting :/

If you enjoy using the oscillation mode it might be worth considering pedals that are allow you to control the feedback with an expression pedal (EHX DMB is one option).

The mini Ibanez pedals seem well made and I don't think I've seen any reports online about reliability issues.
penelope tree

committed
committed

Postby Eivind August » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:07 am

Dude, the new DOD delay seems to have been made with you in mind. Get on that!
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby frigid midget » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:36 pm

Eivind August wrote:Dude, the new DOD delay seems to have been made with you in mind. Get on that!

Wait wot? Link :?:

Edit: Found an instagram pic. Looks like you could be right bro :love:
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Boxbie » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:24 pm

frigid midget wrote:
Eivind August wrote:Dude, the new DOD delay seems to have been made with you in mind. Get on that!

Wait wot? Link :?:

Edit: Found an instagram pic. Looks like you could be right bro :love:

Linkie Linkie? :hello:

edit* nvm
DOD_Rubberneck_ProductPhoto_top_large.jpg
DOD_Rubberneck_ProductPhoto_top_large.jpg (77.5 KiB) Viewed 777 times

http://digitech.com/en/products/dod-rubberneck
Boxbie

experienced
experienced

Postby ProCarsteNation » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:47 pm

Yuss!

and it even has a :thumb: feedbacklooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop
aural conjunctions on SC

I hate moodswings are awesome! Oh, and I usually post when I'm way too tired...
Invisible Man wrote:do something selfish and live a little.
ProCarsteNation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:34 pm

Yep. Given your wants and requirements, that thingie looks like it ticks every box. Guessing it won't be too expensive either.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby frigid midget » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:55 am

Eivind August wrote:Yep. Given your wants and requirements, that thingie looks like it ticks every box. Guessing it won't be too expensive either.

Ticks all the boxes, even a couple more. Plus it looks fucking cool :p
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ThurberMingus » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:13 pm

I was 100% sold until I saw it would be $250 street. That's a hard sell when you can get an In Limbo III for around that price!
neonblack wrote:SELL IT!

Don't form emotional bonds with metal boxes.

Live like me. Flip everything. Romanticize nothing. Accomplish nothing.

lost in music wrote:Digivolve into champions!
ThurberMingus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby frigid midget » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:09 pm

ThurberMingus wrote:I was 100% sold until I saw it would be $250 street. That's a hard sell when you can get an In Limbo III for around that price!

Street? No shit :(

I must've misread than, or maybe my source was wrong. I could deal with $250 MSRP, but yeah...Seems a bit steep now, even with the impressive list of specs and features. Might have to go prymaxe on this one though, I kinda want it. Bad.
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ProCarsteNation » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:00 pm

ThurberMingus wrote:when you can get an In Limbo III

are they available new though?
the pics on his site all say sold out, the full size Limbo III is not even on there...
aural conjunctions on SC

I hate moodswings are awesome! Oh, and I usually post when I'm way too tired...
Invisible Man wrote:do something selfish and live a little.
ProCarsteNation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear