Gear preview 2017

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gear preview 2017

Postby echorec » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:48 am

I guess if you break it into sections and think of it like 3-4 devices in one, then $700 is fairly reasonable. The Glou-Glou stuff is about $620 US without all the patching capabilities. So it's not exactly alone at the top of the pyramid.

Like Inconuucl commented, I'd just that money toward an actual synth. I guess if guitar is your singular means of expression, though, then there is a limited market for something like the Sonicsmith stuff.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:50 am

agreed.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby echorec » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:42 pm

It looks like the Micro Dream is starting to ship.

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=micro+dream

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby toothsome » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:15 pm

^ i don't even remember hearing about this, is this just a regular ass delay?

also what's the deal with the EHX canyon? when it was anounced it seemed like it was an 'available now' kind of thing but I went to guitar center in union square ( :grumpy: ) and they didn't have it in their system, and it's still on pre order on sweetwater...do we have a date?
toothsome

involved
involved

Postby echorec » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:13 pm

toothsome wrote:^ i don't even remember hearing about this, is this just a regular ass delay?

also what's the deal with the EHX canyon? when it was anounced it seemed like it was an 'available now' kind of thing but I went to guitar center in union square ( :grumpy: ) and they didn't have it in their system, and it's still on pre order on sweetwater...do we have a date?

I think it was briefly mentioned in the NAMM thread.

Re: the Canyon, the pre-order pages were up prior to NAMM, but I can't find any merchants with a hard arrival date. Zzounds is usually amongst the first dealers to put up an exact date and their page just says "arriving soon." Generally EHX doesn't make buyers wait, so I would expect it be available quite soon.

I can share a little bit about some other NAMM delays though. It looks like the Seymour Duncan Andromeda and the DOD/Digitech Rubberneck analog delay are both expected at dealers as early as the week of April 3rd.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:04 pm

UK synth builders, Digitana, are currently developing a pocket module called the HALia.

Another new project being developed in collaboration with The Future Sound of London. This is an all digital 'pocket' synth using multiple powerful ARM-based microcontrollers. Sonic possibilities are endless. Everything from huge pulsating multi-oscillator drones, FM-synthesis to Buchla-esque noodlings (and everything in between) are all possible. Imagination is the only limit!

Details and audio samples to follow.

Sputnik Modular's Roman Filippov is working on a revamped CS-80, which will be available pre-built or as a DIY kit. This rack CS-80 will be an 8-voice recreation of the powerhouse polysynth, which was most famously used by Vangelis for the Blade Runner score.

For the uninitiated, the CS-80 took Yamaha years to develop and weighed in at over 200 lbs. It featured a primitive preset system, which was aided by a hidden panel and micro pots. In the coming years, analog synths and processors would require digital components, in order to store and recall user settings. An original CS-80 can fetch $18,000 - 25,000 on the secondhand market. If Filippov can keep the kit around $2000-2400, then I imagine there will be significant demand for these.

http://www.matrixsynth.com/2017/03/new- ... s.html?m=1

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:55 pm

Sputnik dude needs to get his current brand going/support his products before taking on more. He has more shown prototypes than he has in production. He was supposedly having a licenced haible frequency shifter that vanished.

His stuff is built by dark place at the moment.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby popvulture » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:14 am

Oy, Deckard's Dream. That design. Can the back panel be the front panel? :D :love:
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:53 am

Got to play with a friend's Monkey this wknd and it was better than expected. Image

I guess you could say it was the auditory equivalent of a gummy worm: soft, gooey, and bendy. With a C&G Pocket Piano it really sounded like the modulation I always wanted to get out of the Zvex Lo-Fi Instant Junky, but never quite could.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:07 am

I'm going to build one of those fucking Deckard's Dream if it's the last thing I do. He posted the expander on Instagram and it has chorus and that great ring mod on it as well.

Tax return awayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:34 pm

Lost in the chaos of NAMM, Zvex actually unveiled a few new products for 2017.

One is an optical version of last year's $6,000 candle-powered modulation device in a $199 vexter format (coming in April). He's also doing a 'Tea Ball Microphone' for $249 (also April).

In addition to the Vibrophase, he's going to be making vertical versions of some older designs like the Fuzz Factory.

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:55 am

Pedal version of the modulation thingy sounds neat! Might have to look into that, despite my dislike of modulation. Vertical Zvexes might be a godsend for many people, but they look sorta sacrilegious to me. :erm:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Invisible Man » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:15 am

BUT WHY NO TOP JACKS
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Jwar » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:46 am

Cause who cares?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:49 am

Literally everyone.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear