Favorite Sub-$100 pedal?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Favorite Sub-$100 pedal?

Postby coupleonapkins » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:33 am

DOD ("America's Pedal"!) forever & ever :!!!: I also say that because $100 is a lot for any one pedal for me at this point, in most cases :hello:

Some favorites: Classic Fuzz, Compressor (Standard or Bass for a few more hz, Milk Box), 250 Overdrive (though the reissue is true bypass & usually around $50, less moreso), Stereo Bass Flanger, & all of the oddballs (Buzz Box, Bass Grunge, Death Metal... :evil: ), along with the Meat Box reissue (for when you want to blow it all up). You can probably swing two or three of those for around $100, shipped.

But if you don't mind clones, there's always Danelectro (cheap Timmy or Frantone Peach Fuzz dupes, your guilt quotient may vary).

Lots of older/OOP Fuzzhugger pedals usually pop up around the $100 mark, if you want to party old school (may be habit forming?) :cool:

Also: Peavey amp? :poke:
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby repoman » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:21 am

spacelordmother wrote:
repoman wrote:Behringer Time Machines are like $45 on amazon when available

I've been watching them for awhile and have a sinking feeling they're discontinued. Saw one on eBay recently for like 2 hundo!!

Hmm. That sucks if so...although I remember thinking about buying one a while ago, looking for them on amazon, and they're weren't any for sale, then maybe like 6 months later they were back on amazon for sale.

The DOD250 Preamp is $50 new. That thing sounds really good. The Joyo ACTone is about $50 too and that is an excellent pedal.

Also, freakin Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr is like $65 and its such a good solid chunk of metal. Really nice feeling/design. I had always thought a volume pedal would be super boring and just something like a tuner, just a utility kind of thing but its super awesome to do swells with it hooked up to reverbs and delays and get really expressive with it.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Fluffytime » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:48 am

No Time Machine on the Behringer site. Pretty sure it's discontinued.
Meow.
Fluffytime

committed
committed

Postby K2000 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:10 am

Ibanez PM7 Phase Modulator can get weirdish, for about $50
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby hotknife » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:24 am

Boss BF-2s
Boss PH-2s
Old Small Stones

And my favorite compressor ever:

A/B'd it against a Cali Compact Deluxe, Diamond Comp SL, Bearfoot PaleGreen, Greer Fish Press and a bunch of others. Amazing comp and not just for the price. The only other comp I ended up keeping around is the Fairfield Accountant, cuz it sounds super rad at more extreme settings.
#reversereverbintoprofit #ambientflippershark
hotknife

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:01 am

Infanem 141G/T
Boss pedals
Noisemaker stuffs
EHX Nano pedals
NUX
Tomsline
MXR
TC minis
RMA Tetanus Booster
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:42 am

Chankgeez wrote:Also, don't discount cheap Japanese pedals from the Eighties. If you look around, you can find some very good bargains. :D

This. Stuff like Arion, Aria etc., even Maxon AD-9s can be had for about $100. Definitely the route I would take for cheapies.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby JonnyAngle » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:57 am

The digitetch digiverb kicks ass. It's the surfiest reverb I've found. The digitetch bsw is also notable. Boss
Dd5 has that reverse to die for.

It's hard to think of more pedals under a Franklin.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:51 am

Eivind August wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:Also, don't discount cheap Japanese pedals from the Eighties. If you look around, you can find some very good bargains. :D

This. Stuff like Arion, Aria etc., even Maxon AD-9s can be had for about $100. Definitely the route I would take for cheapies.

Yeah, they're often not "true bypass", but that's just part of the fun. ;)
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby DRodriguez » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:58 am

You can also convert them to true bypass for pretty cheap or make a bypass loop for them
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:08 am

Or you could choose to not care as much about Trve Bypass™ and just space out. :rock:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:15 am

Yeah, I like what non-trve bypass/weird circuitry does for my sound. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby JonnyAngle » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:27 am

my TU-2 IS my tone
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:13 pm

Here's a summary of some previous mentions mixed in with some bonus options.

Zoom MS-70cdr about $119 new, about $85-105 for exc/open box
TC Electronic T2 $99 on sale, $75-90 used
Bad Stone $73 new
TC MojoMojo (analog dirt) $49 new
all the new TC budget pedals at $49 ea.
Carcosa $85 new
Arion phaser $40-60 (cheap enclosure but sounds a lot like a Mu-Tron)
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:16 pm

ODB-3 is one of my favorite dirt boxes -- powerful eq and everything from dirty boost to all-out fuzz.

Dano Fab Chorus is awesome and $20 tops.
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear