New Strymon pedal

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: New Strymon pedal

Postby weebles » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:51 pm

vidret wrote:
weebles wrote:
Granted, we do the same for Montreal Assembly and Smallsound/Bigsound on this board. everybody's got their thing, but it is fun to mock the other camps.

compare pretty years or buzzz, or dr sci elements to this new strymon thing. compare the ct5 to a new digital delay that replicates the sound of <insert vintage unit>.

the cleanness from dr sci can compare to the ob1 for sure, but then he ditched that for the elements which is a cleanness as well, as strymon should've done as well.

First, I agree with you. But I think this is basically what I'm talking about. Because the people who are freaking out about the new strymon dirt don't care about most of the pedals you just named.
weebles

experienced
experienced

Postby aholidayatthesea » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:36 pm

I stopped looking on tgp for a while and when I came back one of the topics on the front page was like "what overdrive are people liking now?"

That's when I learned that some people will always want to try a new dirt pedal.
aholidayatthesea

committed
committed

Postby weebles » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:24 pm

vidret wrote:I do not in any way understand someone getting excited about this, at all.

Same.
weebles

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:13 pm

weebles wrote:Yeah, for the most part, I think Strymon produces quality stuff. I love my El Cap. But the absurdity of a $300 normal dirt box with one preset that people are fawning over before even hearing it, like they were earlier this morning, drives me a little crazy.

Granted, we do the same for Montreal Assembly and Smallsound/Bigsound on this board. everybody's got their thing, but it is fun to mock the other camps.

Do we? I love a good arbitrary straw man as much as the next guy but I'm prettu sure that's hilariously incorrect.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dunbine » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:55 pm

$5 says both swell fellas in the demo vid are wearing dingy white socks with sandals.
Good deals: DannDubbleEwe, D.o.S., nevada, lordgalvar, Jwar, baremountain, LaoWiz, Jero, Cody_Pole, goroth
dunbine

Supporter
Supporter

Postby rfurtkamp » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:15 am

That's what P&W Jesus wears, of course they are.

As they dream of flipping over tables during their ripping solos, gotta have quality footwears.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby weebles » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:28 am

D.o.S. wrote:
weebles wrote:Yeah, for the most part, I think Strymon produces quality stuff. I love my El Cap. But the absurdity of a $300 normal dirt box with one preset that people are fawning over before even hearing it, like they were earlier this morning, drives me a little crazy.

Do we? I love a good arbitrary straw man as much as the next guy but I'm prettu sure that's hilariously incorrect.

K.
weebles

experienced
experienced

Postby Ev_O))) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:49 am

This amazing. Seriously cool and game changing. Never heard distortion like it :cry:

:?: This fucking thing is $300 :snax:
I make noise, droney music: http://blasariusyonder.com
Joel Korte wrote:It's always your fucking fault
Ev_O)))

experienced
experienced

Postby codetocontra » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:59 am

vidret wrote:and the flint isn't a letdown, it just isn't my thing. it's cool, i just don't feel the need for it.

The Flint has stereo ins and outs, but the tremolo doesn't do panning. Complete letdown for me, even though I liked a few of those modes. Running a long decaying 80s reverb into a tremolo was lovely when I demoed one at a local store. But no stereo, no buy.

Not trying to jump on the negative train, so I will mention that I loved the El Cap's looper and sometimes think about going back to a Timeline to replace one of my DL4s.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rfurtkamp » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:20 am

Ev_O))) wrote:This amazing. Seriously cool and game changing. Never heard distortion like it :cry:

:?: This fucking thing is $300 :snax:

It's almost as good as my Dano Daddy O.

Almost.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:26 am

El Cap ticks so many boxes for me.

Multi head delay
Lo fi tones that aren't just bit crushed repeats
Interesting modulation
Tap tempo
Dat sound on sound mode
Preset (even if it's only one)

It sounds so good running into some dirt.

I just wish the rest of their stuff was even half as interesting. Even the el cap, as much as I like it, I would only buy it used.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kralc » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:55 am

My favorite part about any of these "dynamic response" P&W ods is that you know everyone is going to chuck an "always on" compressor before it.
kralc

committed
committed

Postby oscillateur » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:48 am

Yeah, I don't see how this thing can even think about beating a Mini for example in terms of sound and versatility.
They could have at least modeled some nice bias/headroom/starve thing in there and I would have been interested but as is... meh.
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby oscillateur » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:52 am

neonblack wrote:El Cap ticks so many boxes for me.

Multi head delay
Lo fi tones that aren't just bit crushed repeats
Interesting modulation
Tap tempo
Dat sound on sound mode
Preset (even if it's only one)

It sounds so good running into some dirt.

I just wish the rest of their stuff was even half as interesting. Even the el cap, as much as I like it, I would only buy it used.

Yeah, I used to want a Blue Sky but I have some other good reverbs now and I just don't like shimmer (I can use one of my PS-3 if I want something like that), but the only Strymon I still want is the El Capistan. Sadly, they're expensive as fuck everywhere and especially around here. So unless I trade for one or something it probably won't happen anytime soon.
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rustywire » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:12 am

This thread delivers.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear